Lamborghini Talk banner
81 - 100 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just had the purchase agreement emailed to me I need to sign. They are requesting a $26,000 deposit and want to pull my credit. I have no problem with the credit check but I think a $26,000 deposit is a little excessive. I'm hoping after they see my credit that will be reduced. I just don't feel comfortable letter that money set with them for probably a year. They keep telling to figure 9 months but I'm thinking closer to 12 months.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
I just had the purchase agreement emailed to me I need to sign. They are requesting a $26,000 deposit and want to pull my credit. I have no problem with the credit check but I think a $26,000 deposit is a little excessive. I'm hoping after they see my credit that will be reduced. I just don't feel comfortable letter that money set with them for probably a year. They keep telling to figure 9 months but I'm thinking closer to 12 months.
Being that my order will be my first 6 figure car purchase my SA put me through the ringer to make sure I have and/or can access funds before he'd move forward with me. However, a credit check was never a part of that due diligence and if their pulling of it is a hard check I'd ask them not to do that. See if it is a soft check and if not ask if they'll accept a Credit Kharma screen shot. As mentioned before, I was only asked for a $5k deposit when it was all said and done. I'd also ask which number in line you are and how many allocations are they averaging per month. With those numbers you can get an idea as to when the ~6 month build clock begins. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,558 Posts
I was in the same boat regarding the need to leave a large deposit and I was not happy with that, and that was before there were eons between leaving the deposit and having the order submitted. In fact, the 2022 EVO was the third Huracan I bought from the dealership in a little over a year. Hopefully, next order either no deposit or a nominal one, that is, around $5K.

·
Premium Member
1,978 Posts
You can ask but you need them more than they need you. If it's dealership policy then best to just go with it. I had to give $35k and this will be my 3rd Lambo and they know I pay cash for my cars. I would be much more concerned about getting my credit dinged when not even borrowing anything

·
Registered
898 Posts
Dealers dont need to take a deposit ....they take it because they can .
Plus it makes the buyer have skin in the game .
If you walk away from the car in some states they can hold your deposit.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
You can ask but you need them more than they need you. If it's dealership policy then best to just go with it. I had to give $35k and this will be my 3rd Lambo and they know I pay cash for my cars. I would be much more concerned about getting my credit dinged when not even borrowing anything
I hear ya but if he has a problem with the deposit amount there’s a good chance he’s getting a loan and thus would not want a hard check, which will stay on his credit for 2 years. I’m probably not getting a loan but the last thing I want is a hard check when not necessary. You never know when your credit can be used as an asset so take care of it at all times!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm actually selling my paid off 2019 ZR1 and using the money from that plus adding another $50,000. So roughly $200,000 down. I own a car lot and I know all 3 of my scores are over 800. I told him to pull my credit. I don't feel comfortable letting $26,000 sitting for probably a year. Yes I could very easily pay the difference in cash but at 2.9 or lower when not keep my credit fresh..

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
I'm actually selling my paid off 2019 ZR1 and using the money from that plus adding another $50,000. So roughly $200,000 down. I own a car lot and I know all 3 of my scores are over 800. I told him to pull my credit. I don't feel comfortable letting $26,000 sitting for probably a year. Yes I could very easily pay the difference in cash but at 2.9 or lower when not keep my credit fresh..
I’m an investor myself and agree but I’m likely going the Montana plate route to lock in a “return.”

·
Premium Member
1,978 Posts
Most dealerships have deposit policies and wont budge much. Can either go with it or they will just move on to the next buyer who is ok with the deposit. Doesnt bother me having them hold my $35k, can't make **** in the bank and between that and what they give me for my trade wont need to come up with much when car arrives. I'm more concerned getting an allocation than the deposit

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,558 Posts
My friend, how did you like the ZR1? I wanted the ZR1 but my steep driveway was my nemesis. Pictures?

·
Super Moderator
3,498 Posts
You’ve never bought a car from the dealer and that’s their policy. Be thankful you will be even getting an allocation. If you don’t like it they’ll tell you to have a nice day. They don’t need you.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
You’ve never bought a car from the dealer and that’s their policy. Be thankful you will be even getting an allocation. If you don’t like it they’ll tell you to have a nice day. They don’t need you.
But he doesn’t need them either. There are other dealers and evidenced by everyone’s comments, to your point, each has their own policy.

·
Premium Member
1,978 Posts
Some dealers have more orders now than they will probably get allocations for so number one priority should be to get an order asap. Since I'm up to almost 7 months since deposit and still no allocation I just don't see all orders getting filled going forward with new orders. Also since dealerships as of now are not adding market adjustments they are getting many new orders since most know you can flip for good money once you get

·
Super Moderator
3,498 Posts
But he doesn’t need them either. There are other dealers and evidenced by everyone’s comments, to your point, each has their own policy.
Go order a car today. It will be minimum 18 months. That’s if you even get one at all. He absolutely does need them if he wants to order a car. Unfortunately for the time being Thats the way it is.

On another note, it’s 26k. Will it change his life that much to have them hold it for a year? Perhaps he should order a z06, they’re only holding 1-2k deposit.

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
Go order a car today. It will be minimum 18 months. That’s if you even get one at all. He absolutely does need them if he wants to order a car. Unfortunately for the time being Thats the way it is.

On another note, it’s 26k. Will it change his life that much to have them hold it for a year? Perhaps he should order a z06, they’re only holding 1-2k deposit.
I already have my order in. And, when I didn't like the message from my local dealer I made the determination that I didn't need them so I went to another dealer. So, again, he does not need them if he wants to order a car. He can find another.

·
Super Moderator
3,498 Posts
I already have my order in. And, when I didn't like the message from my local dealer I made the determination that I didn't need them so I went to another dealer. So, again, he does not need them if he wants to order a car. He can find another.
Im willing to bet if he walks into any dealer today it’s minimum 18 months till delivery.

·
Super Moderator
3,498 Posts
Did I say that was inaccurate? All I said is that he doesn't need that dealer. There are other dealers.
Take into consideration that out of state dealers are actually limited on how many cars they can sell outside their market. It’s not as easy as you think to just find another dealer. Some markets do have multiple dealers and some have one and if that.

Reactions: Rcasa20
81 - 100 of 130 Posts