Being that my order will be my first 6 figure car purchase my SA put me through the ringer to make sure I have and/or can access funds before he'd move forward with me. However, a credit check was never a part of that due diligence and if their pulling of it is a hard check I'd ask them not to do that. See if it is a soft check and if not ask if they'll accept a Credit Kharma screen shot. As mentioned before, I was only asked for a $5k deposit when it was all said and done. I'd also ask which number in line you are and how many allocations are they averaging per month. With those numbers you can get an idea as to when the ~6 month build clock begins. Good luck!I just had the purchase agreement emailed to me I need to sign. They are requesting a $26,000 deposit and want to pull my credit. I have no problem with the credit check but I think a $26,000 deposit is a little excessive. I'm hoping after they see my credit that will be reduced. I just don't feel comfortable letter that money set with them for probably a year. They keep telling to figure 9 months but I'm thinking closer to 12 months.
I hear ya but if he has a problem with the deposit amount there’s a good chance he’s getting a loan and thus would not want a hard check, which will stay on his credit for 2 years. I’m probably not getting a loan but the last thing I want is a hard check when not necessary. You never know when your credit can be used as an asset so take care of it at all times!!You can ask but you need them more than they need you. If it's dealership policy then best to just go with it. I had to give $35k and this will be my 3rd Lambo and they know I pay cash for my cars. I would be much more concerned about getting my credit dinged when not even borrowing anything
I’m an investor myself and agree but I’m likely going the Montana plate route to lock in a “return.”I'm actually selling my paid off 2019 ZR1 and using the money from that plus adding another $50,000. So roughly $200,000 down. I own a car lot and I know all 3 of my scores are over 800. I told him to pull my credit. I don't feel comfortable letting $26,000 sitting for probably a year. Yes I could very easily pay the difference in cash but at 2.9 or lower when not keep my credit fresh..
But he doesn’t need them either. There are other dealers and evidenced by everyone’s comments, to your point, each has their own policy.You’ve never bought a car from the dealer and that’s their policy. Be thankful you will be even getting an allocation. If you don’t like it they’ll tell you to have a nice day. They don’t need you.
I already have my order in. And, when I didn't like the message from my local dealer I made the determination that I didn't need them so I went to another dealer. So, again, he does not need them if he wants to order a car. He can find another.Go order a car today. It will be minimum 18 months. That’s if you even get one at all. He absolutely does need them if he wants to order a car. Unfortunately for the time being Thats the way it is.
On another note, it’s 26k. Will it change his life that much to have them hold it for a year? Perhaps he should order a z06, they’re only holding 1-2k deposit.
Good info…I wasn’t aware of that. Wish I could have bought local or even just in my state but no luck. Next Friday I’m going to my local for the first time since ordering out of state. Can’t wait to see how the conversation goes after I tell them I ordered elsewhere. To your earlier point, I’m guessing they could care less!!Take into consideration that out of state dealers are actually limited on how many cars they can sell outside their market. It’s not as easy as you think to just find another dealer. Some markets do have multiple dealers and some have one and if that.
Sorry to read that. Did he come out and say that he received zero allocations?Sigh, another month without an allocation. I was told last month by the GM that I am first in line for an allocation, but he also said I would have an allocation before the end of 2021 when I put my deposit down in July. The waiting game is hard enough, but now I am getting worried that I won't get a car at all!
Definitely! This time of the month up until last month when I finally got my allocation I was bugging mine and looking for info. Nothing wrong with a once a month keep in touch call!!Last I spoke to him was December and he said he hadn't received any RWD coupe allocations that month or the month before, but I was first on the list. I am assuming that since it is the 18th of January and I haven't heard anything from him that there isn't an allocation this month either. I will email him in the morning and see what the status is, but I'm not holding my breath.