Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Ordered an EVO for the wife in February, arrived in July. Expressed interest in the STO for myself at the time of delivery. In September my SA asked me to build an STO in the configurator and forward him the build code to submit for a future order. I wasn’t very hopeful that it would be any time soon. Just got the call to put a deposit down, estimated May delivery.
I was told they're building STO'S until 2023, looks like there might be plenty of alloctions to go around.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I think the STO was never a limited production car, mostly limited due to all the current production constraints. It’s a 400K car, I’m not sure buyers are lining up outside the dealership. Interestingly, dealers are qualifying customers from flippers.
True but initially it was suppose to be a MY21-23 run and allocations would stretch into 2023. Now I'm hearing that there could be extra allocations available for MY23.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Well technically no because dealers wouldn't get allocations for 2023 (not MY23) just yet. And the other question is does the H get a refresh for the last MY, maybe like a final edition model which could be another reason why there's no allocations for 2023 just yet.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Makes sense, I am just thinking It shouldn't be too difficult to get an allocation next year.
That's what my SA thinks but we'll see. Demand is extermely high and there's only so many cars Lambo can physically produce so even with extra allocations it might not be enough to meet the demand.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
My SA said a lot more allocations are coming and Canadian dealers are still expecting close to 30 STO's (confirmed orders) and a bulk of them will start arriving by Spring.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Lambo never had major supply constraints due to COVID but instead from what I was told Lambo throttled production in case there were supply issues meaning if they went full steam ahead and supply issues emerged they would have to shut down production.

They're anticipation that all supply chain issues by next year will be back to normal hence why they're increasing production. There's still a lot of H's to be produced, like I said there's still around 30 STO's that are expected to arrive next year in Canada. There's also a final edition H in the works and production for the H isn't ending till 2024.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I see but there are clearly some supply constraints there are a few members with their Lamborghinis' sitting at the factory awaiting parts. @Arnilious for one and there were a few others that mentioned their cars cannot completed until their cars get needed parts.
There not major parts like ECU's, clusters, etc...where they have to basically shut down production.

There's still 3 years of production remaining for the H so they'll be plenty of time to buy one new because they'll be building plenty of them. Anyone who can wait, just wait.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts