Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've talked about this a few times, but I put my deposit down last summer and was told by one of the GMs that I should be getting an allocation by the end of the year. Is there a certain time of the month that the dealerships receives their allocation allotments? As more and more time passes I'm getting more nervous. The car is in extremely high demand and I am just hoping that when the music stops I have a build slot so I can finally get my first Lamborghini.

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
I'm in same boat, order with deposit end of May. Dealerships will be getting their allocations this week and I'm number one their for an AWD

Reactions: amandeep18feb

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,608 Posts
OP, I put my deposit down on the 3rd of May and Lamborghini Charlotte received the allocation on the 13th of May. Though, I cannot assert with any degree of certainty that Lamborghini releases allocations in the middle of the month that's at least what happened in my case. Hard to put forth relevant statistics with a sample size of one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Damn, now I'm really wondering when I will be getting an allocation. I put my order in on Monday and I'm being told probably 9 months. I have a feeling it's going to be a little longer. Oh, I was wondering how much of a deposit to give too.

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
They will tell you how much deposit. Mine was almost 10% of build, $35k

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,608 Posts
Damn, now I'm really wondering when I will be getting an allocation. I put my order in on Monday and I'm being told probably 9 months. I have a feeling it's going to be a little longer. Oh, I was wondering how much of a deposit to give too.
My deposit was $25K and given it was the third Lamborghini I bought from them in a little over a year I was a little disappointed but it is, what it is.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My dealer had a $35k deposit with only $10k of that allowed to be credit card. I wanted to use credit card so I could get some miles and he said that the $10k would be enough for now.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,608 Posts
OP, I would try to negotiate the lowest deposit you can but in the prevailing market and with the Lamborghini markups we are seeing a deposit is not a risky proposition. Though, what is a reasonable deposit? I would say $5K or 10K but the reality is buyers are NOT in the drivers seat, at least not for the foreseeable future so hand over the money and march on.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OP, I would try to negotiate the lowest deposit you can but in the prevailing market and with the Lamborghini markups we are seeing a deposit is not a risky proposition. Though, what is a reasonable deposit? I would say $5K or 10K but the reality is buyers are NOT in the drivers seat, at least not for the foreseeable future so hand over the money and march on.
As of right now I have $10k down. I'm not sure if they will ask for the full $35k when I get my allocation or when I put my order in or if they will just forego it and get the rest of the money on delivery. Hopefully I will be getting an allocation call on Monday and I can ask the GM more details!

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
Do you know where you are on their list?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,608 Posts
Frankly, given how the EVOs are selling honestly as a gesture of good faith the dealerships should be reasonable and accept $5K or $10K.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm in same boat, order with deposit end of May. Dealerships will be getting their allocations this week and I'm number one their for an AWD
Just a heads up my dealer has been correct about everything she's told me so far (even with info that seemed contradictory to info found on this forum). I originally wanted an AWD Spyder and she told me there are no more AWD allocations being given for the rest of the Huracan cycle. Would love to hear from any members that have gotten a recent AWD allocation since Sept 2021.

I put my deposit down Sep 17th and got a RWD spyder allocation on Oct 14 with status 30 submitted on October 18. $10k deposit, MSRP price.

·
Super Moderator
3,503 Posts
Just a heads up my dealer has been correct about everything she's told me so far (even with info that seemed contradictory to info found on this forum). I originally wanted an AWD Spyder and she told me there are no more AWD allocations being given for the rest of the Huracan cycle. Would love to hear from any members that have gotten a recent AWD allocation since Sept 2021.

I put my deposit down Sep 17th and got a RWD spyder allocation on Oct 14 with status 30 submitted on October 18. $10k deposit, MSRP price.
Amazing that you got it so fast

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've talked about this a few times, but I put my deposit down last summer and was told by one of the GMs that I should be getting an allocation by the end of the year. Is there a certain time of the month that the dealerships receives their allocation allotments? As more and more time passes I'm getting more nervous. The car is in extremely high demand and I am just hoping that when the music stops I have a build slot so I can finally get my first Lamborghini.
Deposit Jan 2 for me, allocation in Oct. So 10 months for me,

1 - 20 of 130 Posts