Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm pretty particular, so all of my acquisitions have been about finding the exact spec car I wanted. I've always bought used so finding that right colour combo in the mileage range I wanted in good condition meant checking listings regularly and then being ready to get on board once something came up that met my spec

For the RWD Spyder it was different, I had tried to get a RWD Spyder before but wasn't able to find the spec I wanted. When the EVO came out I was willing to order new and pay the difference in price to get the spec that I wanted, plus the upgraded styling, sports seats and Perf. engine you couldn't get on old model. With the advent of GPF and other EU regulations I figured this would probably be the last chance to get what I wanted

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,690 Posts
I think the longer you wait the less chance you have at ever getting your dream car. Things happen and the excuse is “it’s just not the right time”.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Couple of my thoughts

-I regret I did not buy my car sooner.
-A 3 decade long dream was to own a Lamborghini Countach. I had many opportunities, but the time never seemed quite right. Now they are priced above what I can (,and if I could, would) be willing to pay.
-In 2000 someone offered me a Miura for $85,000 and I passed because it was a more than I wanted to spend.
-You can always sell it. Buying a car is not a life long commitment. It may cost you a few thousand in depreciation, taxes, etc.... but you will have done it and had the experience.
-Things change. 20 years ago saving for a Lamborghini was no big deal for me and I planned to get another one every 7 or 8 years. I expected to have 3 or 4 by now. My industry changed and now I make less. My city got way more expensive to live in. Owning another Lamborghini has been becoming less of a priority to me lately. I really wish I had done it sooner and lived the dream when it was such a huge part of my life and easier for me to do. It may become more difficult to buy as time goes by.
-Owning a Lamborghini is never practical. It is about passion for something. I liked a previous comment about buying when passion outweighs practicality.

·
Premium Member
12,690 Posts
You sound a lot like me Ohlgren, LOL. I could have bought my first exotic back in 70's but waited for the right time and guess what, it never came. Fast forward ahead to 2008 and I just said screw it, I'm buying a new lamborghini. I was now in my 60's and missed all those years of joy. And now I have to make up for lost time, but I am having a blast doing it!

·
Premium Member
12,690 Posts
Funny thing is I remember quite well when I decided to buy my first one and made the decision not to tell my wife! Yes I thought she would just try to talk me out it. Well I had hell to pay when I finally had to tell her and I also added that it is on its way and I cannot back out now. It got easier after that, and now I do tell her well in advance.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Car acquisitions don't get me in trouble with the wife, but sportbikes do. Even today she tells me I shouldn't ride it. Getting the Huracan, she was all for that.

·
Premium Member
12,690 Posts
You’re very fortunate.

·
Registered
392 Posts
i pulled the trigger once me and my girlfriend of 7 years broke up :LOL::ROFLMAO:
Sorry to hear that. But that's probably the jealous type and marrying a jealous type wouldn't be fun. There are plenty of good ones in the world waiting for you.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts