Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been saving for my first bull since 2015. I said by the time 2018 hits I’ll have enough for a pre LP G. Then in 2018 I said, might as well wait a couple years for an LP, I’ll save a little more. Now I’m ready for an LP and I’m thinking... hey 2015/16 Huracans aren’t THAT much more. Maybe I should wait a couple more years and save a bit more and get an H. You see where this is going.... when did YOU say f*** it and just buy your dang car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can relate to this thought process. For me, the absolute dollar amount is important since it is a multiplier for other expenses that go into total cost of ownership like taxes, insurance, registration, and depreciation. That means the wisest thing for me to do (other than nothing) is a Gallardo in the near future or a Huracan in 5-10 years.

I wish this amount of money was no big deal to me, then I'd spec out a new EVO today, but since it's probably a once in a lifetime splurge, I have to be really careful.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wow this thread really speaks to me right now lol. I’m gonna start negotiating tonight on a perfect (for me) 15 610-4 and I’m trying my hardest not to exceed my set budget. I love the car so much but don’t want to kick myself later on thinking I “overpaid”

·
Registered
546 Posts
Wow this thread really speaks to me right now lol. I’m gonna start negotiating tonight on a perfect (for me) 15 610-4 and I’m trying my hardest not to exceed my set budget. I love the car so much but don’t want to kick myself later on thinking I “overpaid”
Kicking yourself for overpaying is the worst you could encounter. On the other hand, you could miss out on the car that you couldn’t live without hunting a “deal”. I can assure you that you’d kick yourself more if you did that.

Money can be earned again if you overpay. Don’t let that be the end-all-be-all factor for being satisfied with your purchase. These cars aren’t usually a logical decision. They’re about excitement and emotion!

Now that I said that, there are plenty of cars available. Yes, Lambos are more rare, but they’re not so rare that you won’t find another one ever. They also hold a pretty strong value after the first few years of depreciation, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,495 Posts
You can wait forever. I waited and waited till finally I realized that can always find new ways to justify waiting longer. Don’t wait, you will never know how much joy you are missing out on. Go with whatever you can afford and live for today, tomorrow might never come.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd say pay first and regret later.

Worst that can happen is paying more than an ideal deal, but one missed opportunity is one missed opportunity, when the subject is a dream car that is no longer in production.

You can always sell it and save more money with a more precise target afterward anyway. In the end you still owned it in the first place and now you know even better what you wanted.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Buy a well proceed/maintained G, and enjoy it, play the trade up game every 3-5 years. Got 5 years of enjoyment on my SuperG before I traded up to a Aventador, never looked back and in 3-5 and looking for the SVJ to replace. let someone else lose the bid depreciation; a 3-4 year old car seems to level off for a bit to a reasonable depreciation curve. G's are likely bottomed and if you get a well bought one you get to have the fun and sell it is 3 years time for not that much of a loss and trade up.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Great advice guys. I’m looking at the orange one at Mclaren Philly. I test drove it and fell completely in love. Pre owned manager didn’t even counter my offer, just said I need to come up a lot. I honestly would hate to miss out but it will likely exceed what I’m comfortable with spending.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Great advice guys. I’m looking at the orange one at Mclaren Philly. I test drove it and fell completely in love. Pre owned manager didn’t even counter my offer, just said I need to come up a lot. I honestly would hate to miss out but it will likely exceed what I’m comfortable with spending.
109k with 1600 miles, seals on that car aren’t likely to be in great shape anymore.

The general population has a thing for low miles, so the value is actually pretty good on that car for an 08 coupe, but I think it will be one of the most expensive Gallardos you could buy due to just sitting for the last 12 years. I’d guess the real number on that car is more like $104k.

I personally prefer cars that have been driven and have proper maintenance history. Every mile you drive it you’ll depreciate it faster than a car with average miles.

·
Registered
75 Posts
109k with 1600 miles, seals on that car aren’t likely to be in great shape anymore.

The general population has a thing for low miles, so the value is actually pretty good on that car for an 08 coupe, but I think it will be one of the most expensive Gallardos you could buy due to just sitting for the last 12 years. I’d guess the real number on that car is more like $104k.

I personally prefer cars that have been driven and have proper maintenance history. Every mile you drive it you’ll depreciate it faster than a car with average miles.

For some reason the car isn’t on the website anymore. I just test drove it Saturday.. But it was AB 2015 610 with HRE’s and Novitec springs. 8500 miles asking 189.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Edit for cliff's notes:

Ideally the best time is when you are most able to maximize benefit at whatever the perceived costs will be. Most car enthusiasts grapple with costs/benefits analysis and the trick is to challenge the obsessive traits that impede satisfaction of ownership. Sometimes the "deal" comes at the consequence of the obsessive follow up of market analysis, mileage concerns and overall enjoyment over a disproportionate fear of loss of the "deal" long term. I've done it and many people have done that. Arriving at a point where value is placed on ownership for each day, week, month, etc that would otherwise be spent analyzing is more beneficial than many may realize as it's not easy to break old habits.

Good deals and strong costs/benefits are important but irrationality can really plague the ownership experience as most of the obsessive pre-purchase thoughts don't magically disappear once the trigger is pulled. Learning to overcome that and maximize enjoyment is highly beneficial. This pandemic has taught me I am too poor to not enjoy these vehicles and worry over unknown variables. I am a poor predictor of my life's journey so far so learning to be mindful and enjoy the present has been mandatory for me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
OP- never a "right" time. If youre in this position to buy a Lambo regardless if its an 04 G, 14 G, Early huracan you are most likely somewhat responsible with the decisions you've made up to this point, including posting here for feedback.

Get your mind set, and the right car will speak to you. Have a range of colors and options that you want, looking used it will be RARE to find exactly what you want but if it checks most of your desires just go for it. Yes you'll keep looking after you buy but can't do that , like they say it will take away from the enjoyment overall.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I’ve been saving for my first bull since 2015. I said by the time 2018 hits I’ll have enough for a pre LP G. Then in 2018 I said, might as well wait a couple years for an LP, I’ll save a little more. Now I’m ready for an LP and I’m thinking... hey 2015/16 Huracans aren’t THAT much more. Maybe I should wait a couple more years and save a bit more and get an H. You see where this is going.... when did YOU say f*** it and just buy your dang car.
People that appreciate car enough (car enthusiasts) would stretch and buy the car of their dream. It's like falling in love. You do not skip the love thinking that you will find better one later on. It's love. If you do not have the love, you will always wonder whether you should go for it or not. I suggest exploring something else that put a spark to your eyes and pound your heart :)

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,495 Posts
People that appreciate car enough (car enthusiasts) would stretch and buy the car of their dream. It's like falling in love. You do not skip the love thinking that you will find better one later on. It's love. If you do not have the love, you will always wonder whether you should go for it or not. I suggest exploring something else that put a spark to your eyes and pound your heart :)
I agree. Magik’s dream will always be ahead of him unless He changes his thinking. My only regret is I didn’t do it sooner.

·
Registered
435 Posts
OP has been waiting for 5 years already. In the exotics game, many prospective owners sit on the sidelines for a long time. For them, "the longer you wait the longer you wait". I am glad I got into my first Ferrari 9 years ago instead of waiting. If one waits long enough, there is always a better deal. But that doesn't make up for the months/years lost in driving one of these exhilirating machines. I daily my Huracan to work and it is always makes the day better and puts a smile on my face. The one thing you can't buy is time and in life Father Time is undefeated.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts