Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a follow up to a previous post where I was trying to source wheel spacers to fill the rear wells on a Diablo.

Purchased a pair from Koenig-Specials in Germany. Absolutely top workmanship and fit perfectly. Very light alloy spacers and bolts. They are also "clover" shaped which allows you to keep your wheel hangers in place - that's first rate design and production.

Really adds a nice touch to the car. Pix below: Note, camber is slightly off because I just lowered the jack and had not rolled the car yet..

Recommend Koenig - exceeded my expectations.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
$675 complete with bolts.

Available in 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch.

Could not get them anywhere else... no one in US makes them anymore.

·
Registered
35 Posts
just be careful...I heard from many people that spacers are not very safe to have on a car...they tent to come loose

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"Bolt On" spacers can come loose - not these... they are drilled to match the existing holes with longer bolts. Just torque wheels as usual (78lb) and good to go.

I've used similar designed on Ferrari with lots of high speed with no problem. In addition to proper design, they are light alloy.

Koenig knows what their doing...are you familiar with them? Mentioned in most Lambo history books. Big into R&D and racing for Lambo and Ferrari. Part of the history was doing original roadster conversions for the factory. Take a look at their web...I think it's www.Koenig-specials.com

·
Registered
108 Posts
If you got the longer bolts you should be alright. Most people that have trouble with spacers don't realize how many threads you give up for the extra space. I was at Hallett Raceway in Tulsa when a 911 with spacers on it lost it. High stress corner, the outer rear wheel just folded under the car and they did a barrel roll. Thankfully no injuries, but car was totalled. They had used spacers with stock bolts. They were too short, so they only had about 1.5 turns taking all the stress of the wheel. Ooops...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts