Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anybody has tried any other wheel alligments than the factory specs and what the experiences were...

·
Registered
650 Posts
Yes we changed camber by using modified Tokico (Japanese car) camber plates...caster could be changed a little and toe as well !

Obviously hard to fit the plates in the front...but it can be done...

Generally more negative camber...created better high speed (race track) handling but also wore out street tires much faster !

In "normal driving" the factory settings are OK...but changing rear toe can make the car easier to drive for some...

Paul

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the sepcs again and found out that the Urraco has different specs than the similar Sihouette. As a matter of fact they are completely the opposite of each other...
Urraco:
front camber => 57 min positive, front toe => 0 mm, caster => 7 degree
rear camber => 1 degree negative, rear toe in => 2-3mm
Silhouette:
front camber => 50 min negative, front toe => 0 mm, caster => 7 degree
rear camber => 15 min negative, rear toe in => 0 mm

·
Registered
650 Posts
Keep in mind that the S car had a massive front suspension "insert/spacer" to permit the use of the lower aspect P-7 tire. Compared to a much more modern tire like the Yokohama 008 and 008R the P-7 is a 1970's relic !

It added enormous drag and a 225 mm 008 could easily outhandle the 345mm or whatever it was P-7

I do not recall the standard limits of camber on the Urraco but we used about -2.0 degrees in the front and up to -2.5 degrees in the rear...but with different stiff rollbar bushings.

All the S cars that I have driven fast are a handful...they tramline and are unstable in transitions...if rear-toe goes positive due to wear on components...look out !

Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts