Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
I would steer clear of those places. The pressure sprayers have inconsistent pressure. Not worth it. You could peel the paint off your car, breach a seal or cause a leak.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,577 Posts
I agree, not a good idea unless your car is just filthy.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, not a good idea unless your car is just filthy.
Never gets that dirty, just Colorado dusty and 100mph bug splat :)

I rigged up a nice filtered softened water filter to hook to the hose, no water spots and runs hot or cold. Pretty sweet, but I'm still lazy these days :)

·
Premium Member
12,577 Posts
You could always just stand back further to lessen the amount of pressure. I think the self wash actually offers some advantages like cleaning the rims and undersides.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I never have and never would.

Colorado has some of the worst hard water. Super good to the taste, but not good for paint. At a self wash, unless you get all the dirt off drying is not really possible without touching the car (so you need to towel off). This could get some scratches - or if you don't dry, water spots.

I learned the hard way with my black 911, which had flawless paint until I washed it and had hundreds of water spots. (I see you said you are all set at home to take the hard water away - good call!!!)

I washed my Gallardo last week, using a whole bunch of Adams Polishes product at home, out of direct sunlight and the results were awesome. The key was I used the Air Cannon which blows hot air and was able to do most of the drying without laying a hand on the car.

Colorado water is really the worst as I'm sure you know - when it comes to our cars, the darker the paint color, the more it is a problem IMHO- (and yours looks amazing)

Anyone spray off their Lambo for a quickie at self-wash station? Any reason not to?

·
Premium Member
12,577 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just do what I normally do and never wash it. Was at a car event at the Biltmore one time with one of my Vipers and they had to wash my car for me before the picture it was so nasty.
Oh man, that sounds peaceful :) If only I wasn't obsessive compulsive about it.... :eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts