Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the visceral experience being dumbed down in cars with too much automation? Is the experience becoming to smooth and insulated?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’d say yes. However, this is the inevitability of technological advancement. It is for this reason, that I prefer the Gallardo to the Huracan, which is PlayStation in comparison.

Cars can become too sterile and lose their soul as technology pushes ever forwards. That is the price you pay for evolution, I guess.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’d say yes. However, this is the inevitability of technological advancement. It is for this reason, that I prefer the Gallardo to the Huracan, which is PlayStation in comparison.

Cars can become too sterile and lose their soul as technology pushes ever forwards. That is the price you pay for evolution, I guess.
Well said. The Gallardo is the last Classic Lamborghini caring forward some of the old school looks and feel.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'd say the experience is becoming more smooth and insulated, yes, but that's not a bad thing to me. I don't feel performance cars are dumbed down from what they used to be. I associate the feeling of smoothness and silence with solidity, control, and higher quality manufacturing tolerances and materials.

I've heard stories of GP2 drivers being blown away when they transition to Formula 1 because of how much more smooth and solid the cars are, and how they feel so different because they are engineered to such a higher level. I understand the appeal of a more "raw" performance car but I am one that prefers the feeling of a finely engineered machine with the most advanced technology available.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,959 Posts
And now the EVO will be integrated to Alexa so you will not have to use the touch pad, so I would say yes in a good way.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Absolutely. I like my exotics to have a rawness and an attitude.

I like smoothness and technology on my daily drivers though. But I like pulling back into my garage after driving the G and feeling a bit winded. Newer exotics just don't have that thrill. Couple that with dropping the Spyder's top and everything is multiplied. The wind/sound/etc.

Truth be told, if I were to go for performance numbers only, I'd have gotten a coupe or even a newer Exotic. But specifically it's the wind and added noise and the rawness of the G in general that I enjoy.

I've been looking into a Tesla, which would basically blow the doors off most exotics in the past 20 years... but I just can't get over its sterile nature. One day I'll probably have to switch to electric only.. but I'm going to miss the sounds!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yes they have, but you can't stop progress in technology. For a daily they are perfect. In my weekend toy, I want something raw that gets my adrenaline going. I think G is perfect for that reason and last raw lambo.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes they have, but you can't stop progress in technology. For a daily they are perfect. In my weekend toy, I want something raw that gets my adrenaline going. I think G is perfect for that reason and last raw lambo.
You and InfiniteLoop nailed it. Could not agree more.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Wouldn't you include the AV along with the G?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Porsche Carrera GT. Best of the last "raw" supercars, available in 6 speed manual... Going up in value specifically because of its raw and analogue-ness. Not because of its flat out speed, power, engine size, etc.

Today they are just built different. Maclaren almost over engineered and too perfect I've heard (no real first hand experience). Personally I love the feel of the G and that will never change! The tesla to me would feel soul-less. I can't jump ship to that just yet but if I read this post in 20 years Ill laugh at myself for saying that I bet

And as mentioned can't fight change. I'm sure my dad thinks my G is a smooth joke compared to the muscle cars he used to build when he was younger. And I think kids now will not really understand why big loud motors (where you actually had to shift gears) were so awesome to their old demented parents back in the day.

Great debate! No right or wrong here. Just good opinions that can easily be well argued for

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts