Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a deposit down on a Huracan EVO RWD that'll probably lock in in the next month or two. I was going to get a 992 GT3 in Guards Red, Speed Yellow, or Lava Orange - I generally like obnoxious colors, but the Huracan is already an obnoxious car and I'm not sure I want even more attention than the car will get on its own. I'm having a lot of trouble settling on a color for the Huracan though.

I think from what I've seen here, the online configurator is AWFUL at rendering color accurately. The local dealer has nothing in stock at all, so there's no way for me to check the options. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

• I currently own a Chalk/Crayon Boxster. I'm not sure I'd get it for a Huracan, but I love the color - it's interesting/striking and not overdone. Is there a close equivalent for the Huracan?
  • I've owned white Porsches and liked them. White is bright and shouty without being obnoxious. There's even two free white options, but how do you even pick between them?
  • I haven't owned a black car for 15 years, and didn't love it back then, but it's my partner's favorite. While it's not my preference, surely an all black EVO would look amazing. Don't want people to think I want to be Batman though.
  • Years ago I saw a Huracan in a pearlescent yellow that looked a lot like my old Ducati Streetfighter's yellow. I think it's Giallo Inti, but I can't be sure. Does anyone here have an Inti car that can attest to its metallic/pearlescence?
  • Gray, Silver, and bright Green aren't something I'd go with.

Normally for my cars I don't give a **** about what others might think, but with the Lambo being my first step into a truly exotic car realm, I am weary of overdoing it. Has anyone else felt the same? If so, what did you end up doing?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Dee Zed

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a deposit down on a Huracan EVO RWD that'll probably lock in in the next month or two. I was going to get a 992 GT3 in Guards Red, Speed Yellow, or Lava Orange - I generally like obnoxious colors, but the Huracan is already an obnoxious car and I'm not sure I want even more attention than the car will get on its own. I'm having a lot of trouble settling on a color for the Huracan though.

I think from what I've seen here, the online configurator is AWFUL at rendering color accurately. The local dealer has nothing in stock at all, so there's no way for me to check the options. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

• I currently own a Chalk/Crayon Boxster. I'm not sure I'd get it for a Huracan, but I love the color - it's interesting/striking and not overdone. Is there a close equivalent for the Huracan?
  • I've owned white Porsches and liked them. White is bright and shouty without being obnoxious. There's even two free white options, but how do you even pick between them?
  • I haven't owned a black car for 15 years, and didn't love it back then, but it's my partner's favorite. While it's not my preference, surely an all black EVO would look amazing. Don't want people to think I want to be Batman though.
  • Years ago I saw a Huracan in a pearlescent yellow that looked a lot like my old Ducati Streetfighter's yellow. I think it's Giallo Inti, but I can't be sure. Does anyone here have an Inti car that can attest to its metallic/pearlescence?

Normally for my cars I don't give a **** about what others might think, but with the Lambo being my first step into a truly exotic car realm, I am weary of overdoing it. Has anyone else felt the same? If so, what did you end up doing?

Thanks in advance!
I like Black or Blue no wrong answers

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think the Lambo looks amazing in any color. My car is originally black and wrapped it Miami blue. It’s a special car and think it deserves a loud color, but I do often miss the black too which gives it a more stealth look.

I never thought I’d wrap a car like a Lambo(first time I’ve ever wrapped a car too) but with the tech where it’s at, the wrap looks incredible. Nobody knows it’s a wrap and being able to switch it up when I feel like is so much fun. Here are some pics in case it helps you think of your options:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks so good both ways. Damn!

·
Registered
138 Posts

Thanks in advance!
I just got out of a chalk GT3 and ordered a Grigio Hati EVO. Closest color to chalk, it's lighter than chalk and more grey than chalk.

·
Registered
231 Posts
That looks so good both ways. Damn!
If you are gonna daily it, I’d go black or more subtle color. If it’s a weekend warrior like mine, then bright color all the way. OR just get black since it’s cheapest color to wrap and then you can change it up when bored.

I drove around with black for 4 months, now I’ve had the Miami blue for 8 months, and I can tell you this…the attention and compliments I get with Miami Blue is night and day vs rolling the black. Plus the Miami Blue feels a lot more special. Food for thought lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It would be my primary car, but my partner and I have a Macan for commuting and I have an old ass BMW for the track. I'd probably commute in it 1-2 times a week, and otherwise it would just be a weekend type car. Thanks for the insight and pictures!

·
Registered
150 Posts
My favorite yellow is Giallo Auge...similar to Porsche Signal Yellow which is one of my favorite colors of all time.

Only issue is that it's an Urus base color (free) yet $14k on the Huracan and I just can't justify the illogical nature of that math, so I passed.

Hati is like Clay but lighter. Personally I think too light (always loved Clay, until in full sun and it looked too white).

Grigio Telesto would be my vote for most "under the radar" color...gives you a bit of drama and flare while still being netural.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I saw a Urus in what I assume now is Giallo Auge. It looked amazing. Bummer it's a full price option in the Huracan.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I saw a Urus in what I assume now is Giallo Auge. It looked amazing. Bummer it's a full price option in the Huracan.
Don't tempt me. It would be my #1 choice but I just can't justify it. Going Verde Scandal instead and I'm sure I won't regret it.

On a related note, one of my other favorite all-time colors is Papaya Orange (McLaren F1 OG color) but haven't found anything in the lamborghini palette that truly matches it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Papaya is really great. A coworker has a 720 I that color and it's even more striking in person.

I also like standard bright oranges like the current McLaren orange. The Huracan base offering orange looks nice.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,758 Posts
Choosing a color is absolutely the most difficult decision you’ll have to make. The car looks good in literally any color. Just get something you won‘t get tired of, you cannot overdo it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Something like 80% of cars on the road are black white or grey. Lamborghini is one of the few car brands that look best in bright colours. Life is too short to worry about what other people think

On another note the paint is the single most important option on the car. Lamborghini has the best paint library in the business. Go with a pearl paint, they are spectacular, truly night and day difference from flat or metallic paints

To answer your question, I went Arancio Atlas:

Reactions: Rcasa20 and Dee Zed

·
Registered
161 Posts
^^ f*ck me ... what a beauty !

You got the replacement then ? ( notice the non-black mirrors)

Can you please post as many pics of it that you can !

·
Registered
265 Posts
^^ f*ck me ... what a beauty !

You got the replacement then ? ( notice the non-black mirrors)

Can you please post as many pics of it that you can !
Just got in! Took a bunch of pics before she went off for ppf. Will start a seperate thread soon 🙂

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,708 Posts
Look at my Avatar.....nuff said.

Reactions: Dee Zed

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
The one I ordered

·
Registered
30 Posts
For color of any Lamborghini, let alone a Huracan, it's between 3 colors. Monterey Blue (saw this on a 2003 Murcielago years ago and again a few years ago and it's one of the most beautiful shades of blue), Viola 30, such an epic color and gorgeous in person, and a rather important color (this used on a car would need blue seats, like the Diablo SE30), and my #1 favorite on any Lamborghini, and a color that if dreams came true and I had the means (and an allocation) for a Ford GT, it would be this color...Verde Artemis!

Saw a 40th Anniversary Murcielago at F.C Kerbeck back in November 2003, while out on medical leave recovering from a transplant (was bored, and was given the ok to finally drive after 6 weeks so I went to photograph some Lamborghinis, lol). They had one of these in the showroom (along with the above Monterey Blue car) and Verde Artemis is just an incredible color. Looks blue in pictures and photos but it's green in person. Really shifts so much based on how the sun/light hits it. It's so different, it didn't even come out correctly on my old digital Finepix back then. Gosh it's such a gorgeous color, and a Ford GT would have looked epic in it!! 👍👍

1 - 20 of 29 Posts