Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Very clean car, fresh tires, 72% clutch, no paintwork no stories, steel brakes. Is 142 reasonable? Car checks out and drives great. Im about to click buy on a plane ticket to go and collect it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say that is fair for a clean car.
Think ill be able to get out of it for about 135+ in 2years with another 2k miles on it same mint shape? especially with the world going electronic and nannies out the gazoo?

·
Registered
942 Posts
I watch pricing on the SL’s as I am an owner. That is really an average asking price for the mileage. Most of the top name dealers are always at 140 and above range depending color and history and options.

If it checks off all your wants and has a good history can’t go wrong.

Superleggera’s will always fetch more than a regular Gallardo. It is definitely worth the extra initial costs when looking at other LP Gallardo’s. I just don’t think it will continue to depreciate like a regular Lp.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I watch pricing on the SL’s as I am an owner. That is really an average asking price for the mileage. Most of the top name dealers are always at 140 and above range depending color and history and options.

If it checks off all your wants and has a good history can’t go wrong.

Superleggera’s will always fetch more than a regular Gallardo. It is definitely worth the extra initial costs when looking at other LP Gallardo’s. I just don’t think it will continue to depreciate like a regular Lp.
This is the debate, they also have a 13 560 for the same money with less than half the miles, ceramics etc. I want the panache' of the SL but thats a lot of miles and brakes diff. I want to do it but im not in the same financial boat as most owners I presume to be so I don't want to end up more than 5$ a mile worse off in 2 yrs. If its a well balanced smart/emotional decision im going 4 it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can’t say for sure, but I agree with the other post that the SL has likely hit or is close to hitting their low end. Of course the mileage will have an impact on price, but why own it if you just store it in the garage.
I think if you get a couple years of intense happiness out of it for 10-20 grand, why not? You only live once man.
Plus, after u drive it- you will probably change your mind on wanting to sell it in 2 years.

·
Registered
103 Posts
What color is the SL? That can make a significant difference in valuation. I would definitely go with an ‘11 SL over a ‘13 non-SL though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its black, I think id wrap anything I get here regardless for two reasons, protect original paint for resale & have a cool gloss color like nardo grey or Miami blue. The bucket seats look awesome and since I don't plan on putting huge miles on it im sure the be fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Do you know how to verify they are Lamborghini tires? Did you see the e-gear report yourself? The bucket seats are good for 1-2hrs max.

Your assumption on resale value is probably way off - more like a trade/wholesale bid of $110-120k or private party $120-125k.

Here is another -
https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/ZHWGU7AJ2BLA10317

an 08 SL (5.0L engine, same interior as LP)
https://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/listing/2008/lamborghini/gallardo--superleggera/2054557

As a side note, assuming equal miles no paint work doing about 30-40k less than 11+ SL's. I prefer the looks and motor of the lp570 obviously and I think it would be easier to exit than an 08?

I know I wont keep it forever, I almost never keep a car more than 6mo-1yr but this I think ill get 2 out of then into a murcielago roadster or aventador roadster so trying to make an intelligent decision. Thinking it will be a lot less time on market before someone buys it off me being there are a handful for sale at anyone time vs dozens of regular models...basically picking one based on total cost and ease of exit as they will all be enjoyable.

·
Super Moderator
3,167 Posts
Can we move this to an appropriate section? Maybe the Gallardo section, or probably the dreamer section....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts