Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of the Murcielago and Gallardo? Plus he never wanted to go racing. Has changing times showed this to be wrong. The Bull must go racing and win. I would like to see Lamborghini F1 and beat that other Italian car - Fiat :D One day this will happen.

·
Registered
959 Posts
ting ting said:
Of the Murcielago and Gallardo? Plus he never wanted to go racing. Has changing times showed this to be wrong. The Bull must go racing and win. I would like to see Lamborghini F1 and beat that other Italian car - Fiat :D One day this will happen.
I doubt Lambo will ever be the champion in F1, Ferrari has way too much F1 circuit experience, they are the best of the best in F1. And the car isnt everything, you have to have a good driver too, and I think Ferrari got that aspect covered as well.

G

·
He would have loved them both, because it would mean his company is still alive, and it almost died a number of times.

Fred

·
Registered
258 Posts
ting ting said:
Hi,

They can't screw around though! I really enjoyed this years ALMS effort, but
was disappointed that the cars were around 9 secs off the pace, and the ALMS team ditched the cars at the end of the first year. For whatever the
reason, not a good sign! I wonder what happened to those cars.

They have to hire somebody better to prep the cars into winning form or
do it in house and tap Audi's expertise!

For both, the factory has to support the effort as job
#1 and Audi should help. They should have been politicking to get a
displacement waiver for 2005 given the performance of the Murcielago
in the 2004 season, like Corvette got against the Vipers when they started.
You never could get a 7 liter motor on a C5! I know they were working on it.
I even wrote the ALMS organizers on this but heard nothing back.

They need the equivalent of Shelby's Phil Remington, and some good
development drivers.

They have to commit !!

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Ferrucio always denied racing because he feared his only son Tonino could take part and die, that's the whole reason.
Also in his eyes racing was not cost efficient, he had enough publicity to sell the cars.

IME a Gallardo Trophy/Challenge would be great, lower the weight to 1350-1400Kg and these cars would fly...

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Of course he's still alive, leading the remaining companies in Dosso die Cento.
And they also still have the wineyard in Panicarola with the Golf club.

The wineyard is managed by the second wife of Ferrucio together with the daughter, there is also a restaurant with excellent italian food. :)

BTW the whole wineyard has dust roads, because Ferrucio thought the hot asphalt would be bad for the wine...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think that Ferruccio would be very proud of the current car bearing his name. The murcielago represents outstanding performance and unrivaled driving pleasure. The gallardo is the car that Ferruccio always wanted to build, a car that still offers all the excitement of the flagship lamborghini, but in a tidy package that is more comfortable, practical, and accessible. As for racing, lamborghinis were never meant to participate on the race track, they are sports gts that are build to be enjoyed on the road. I don't think Ferruccio, would mind the Audi ownership issue, the new management has brought the intelligent decision making that lamborghini needed scince the beginning, not to mention the quality and reliabilaty that the cars never had.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
exact, my wife.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
abunawafff said:
whats the restaurants name?? and were is it located?? i would love to visit it, on my next vacation??? in a months :wave:
Can't remember the name, it's in Panicarola at the wine yard, pass the wine yard office, then the golf club and next comes the restaurant.

http://www.lamborghinionline.it/golf/golf.htm

·
Registered
99 Posts
What about Audi making the Lamborghini competetive in racing? After all Audi does have success at Le Mans, no? And with the new R8 coming out, they'll have a car that costs less than the Gallardo, but with performance that's close. I can't see them allowing the Gallardo to be poached by the R8, so they've got to be updating the Gallardo in a big way in 08, I think. Lighter and faster to widen the gap between the R8 and the Gallardo.

How did the Reiter Engineering do with their Lambos in racing last year? Anyone know?

·
Registered
125 Posts
i agree with DalamboMan, Ferrari are just too strong in the F1 field. However lambo have done very well in the powerboat sport supplying engines, they should just stick with that

& im sure that Feruccio is looking down on his company from above & is very pleased with the latest cars :)

the future is very promising...

·
Registered
809 Posts
Ferrari lost to Renault two years running now, and Schumacher has retired, so they are very, very beatable at this point. And with Alonso moving from Renault to McLaren (iirc), its anyone's guess who is taking it next season.

That aside, Lambo's are made for the road.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts