Lamborghini Talk banner

What was the mileage at delivery of your brand new Huracán?

5K views 66 replies 17 participants last post by  SortedSuperCars 
#1 ·
The factory does a test drive for every new Lamborghini. I don’t remember the exact number of kms, but maybe around 30?

Now I’ve come to learn my dealer will also do a road test of 20 to 50 km by one of their mechanics. I don’t understand why it needs to be tested again if it was already done at the factory. Is this normal?

#3 ·
The need to road test was a discussion I had with the Charlotte North Carolina Lamborghini Dealership and they stated it was "required". I was not happy with that to say the least. I have bought two new EVOs and they both had around 40 miles on them at time of delivery. In the case of my 2022 EVO it had tar flecks on the side of the car that I had to clean off and I suspect it may have occurred during a road test but I can't be sure.

#9 ·
Seems like this something that is beyond our control. My 2012 had 75 miles on it when I got it from Newport Beach. Apparently they drove it to several places to put various options on it for me. I wasn’t real happy about it as it did seem excessive.

#10 ·
I am fairly certain that if Lamborghini is doing road tests in the cars before sending them out they are being driven by drivers with far more experience then the average Lamborghini buyer on top of which they’ve been doing this for years with no negative complaints that I’ve ever seen so I don’t quite understand ? The 30-50 miles the tech put on the car is probably less relevant then the 10k miles of driving the buyer is going to do .

#17 ·
I don’t know. If you read through these threads you’d think Lambo service techs are young newbies who can’t do that right. Not sure I’d want them driving my car. Thinking about it, maybe that’s why the SAs (except Chase for Albert) don’t get back to clients…they’re out driving new cars!!!

#13 ·
My perspective is if it's important to the other person than it's important. I never presume the world revolves around me. Thus, I always make a habit of looking at the problem/issue/concern from the other persons perspective even if it is incongruous with my world view. Though, Alcantara................. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:
No argument there. Was merely offering my opinion/perspective.

#22 ·
I brought my 2021 EVO RWD in for servicing of the marginally functional infotainment system and here are some, not all, some of the issues:
1. The infotainment screen trim was scratched
2. The 5F memory module was cover was scuffed and scratched
3. Grease on the leather lined wall behind both driver and passenger seat. I am not talking about finger prints but enough grease to make Betty Crocker blush
4. The car was at the dealership for a week and they didn't keep it on a maintainer but used the electrical systems and although it wasn't dead it took over a day to bring back up to full charge
5. In the process of "fixing" the infotainment system which they didn't or more appropriately couldn't I inherited a new issue........so, after that "repair" attempt when I changed music tracks, there was a not so pleasant pop/crackle sound coming through the speakers. Now snap and crackles are fine in my Rice Krispies but not coming through my stereo speakers.

#31 ·
To me it's just a car and I've had a lot of them in my lifetime. In my case I've never had an issue. Any problem that's a result of something caused by a dealership I'm sure would be sorted by the dealership. I give them the benefit of the doubt because they are the professionals. Of course there will be opinions on opposing sides of the spectrum.

#32 ·
So I guess we can gather from all of those who chimmed in, it is for the most part NORMAL to have anywhere between 25 to 50 miles on the car when you buy new.

#38 ·
Makes me glad my car is coming in summer, wouldnt want it out on our winter roads which our covered rocks. Before taking delivery just go over with a fine tooth comb and if you find anything they will take care of it

#40 ·
When I got my 2012 the dealer in California they called me to explain the extra miles (75). He said one of the lot guys took it to get PPF and he accidently put a almost a half a tank of gas in it. They said it had a safety block and could not be drained, so they had to run the engine to get the fuel level to less than a 1/4 tank to ship it. When I heard that I called my local mechanic and asked him if there was any alternative and he called NB Lambo and explained to their mechanic how to modify a tube to get past the safety and drain it. It did drain but very slowly, but better than having them drive or just run the engine.

Reactions: Rcasa20
#65 ·
I like the infotainment system upgrade. I had a Performante and that was a difficult system to use. Push to get temp adjust, push hold
To adjust fan setting, push this button to do this push that to do that, Navi in dash. Tiny upper screen that can show ala. it wasn’t very intuitive and I find the new system much more pleasant. Crystal clear screen. It’s phenomenal. Try Mclaren iris and you jump for joy with this system. Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.