Lamborghini Talk banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,089 Posts
Wow that’s pretty disappointing and not too clever.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
34, which is exactly the miles in the photos of the car when it left the dealer. First time I had a car delivered, just making sure he wasn't driving it to my house 1400 miles away.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,089 Posts
All I know is if my car doesn’t have 55+ miles on it when I buy it I don’t trust it.
Okay, let me have it for a while and I'll rack up them there miles. Not to worry, I put 2K miles on my EVO in two months. ;)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
My issue is with the dealer. I don't trust them, but it's the only one in my country. How do I know they're going to warm it up properly and not push it past the break-in instructions? Plus, it's in a busy city with lots of crap flying around, I sure hope they leave the plastics on until after the dreaded test drive.

Anyway, I've been told I can't go in the passenger seat because the insurance doesn't cover it...
Warm it up, break -in instructions. I was at the Porsche factory when they were driving brand new 911's off the line and hitting the rev limiter:cool:
I didn't follow the break-in instructions but it was my car so I can see why you wouldn't want somebody else ignoring break-in.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,980 Posts
Warm it up, break -in instructions. I was at the Porsche factory when they were driving brand new 911's off the line and hitting the rev limiter:cool:
I didn't follow the break-in instructions but it was my car so I can see why you wouldn't want somebody else ignoring break-in.
That's me, I never could abide by the break-in rules once my mechanic told me it is not necessary, just remember to always warm it up first. Now the cars make it so you can't go above 6K rpm's till it is warmed up.

Reactions: DXM31

·
Administrator
3,714 Posts
That's me, I never could abide by the break-in rules once my mechanic told me it is not necessary, just remember to always warm it up first. Now the cars make it so you can't go above 6K rpm's till it is warmed up.
These are race motors. Absolutely unnecessary to break them in.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,089 Posts
Boys and girls cover your ears it sounds like Break-in blasphemy..........my sons go forth and sin no more.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
These are race motors. Absolutely unnecessary to break them in.
The master tech said the same when I took delivery of my Ferrari. Ferrari does WOT testing on new cars in Maranello. I'm sure Lamborghini does the same.

I drove my 458 Spider off the lot and took it to 9K RPM before the first stoplight. Engine ran perfect no issues during my ownership.

For me it's a waste and delayed gratification to adhere to the break-in protocol. Ferrari, Lambo and Porsche prolly put the protocol in the manual so noobs don't drive their brand new exotics into a tree during the first month of ownership.

I should have asked Balboni when I did a Autocross day with him a few years back. Will do next time I see him.

·
Administrator
3,714 Posts
The master tech said the same when I took delivery of my Ferrari. Ferrari does WOT testing on new cars in Maranello. I'm sure Lamborghini does the same.

I drove my 458 Spider off the lot and took it to 9K RPM before the first stoplight. Engine ran perfect no issues during my ownership.

For me it's a waste and delayed gratification to adhere to the break-in protocol. Ferrari, Lambo and Porsche prolly put the protocol in the manual so noobs don't drive their brand new exotics into a tree during the first month of ownership.

I should have asked Balboni when I did a Autocross day with him a few years back. Will do next time I see him.
Exactly. Definitely to prevent idiot drivers IMO. All race Motors get intense WOT testing; I’ve built plenty in my years and always ran them heavy on the engine dyno.

Reactions: surfah

·
Registered
130 Posts
I brought my 2021 EVO RWD in for servicing of the marginally functional infotainment system and here are some, not all, some of the issues:
1. The infotainment screen trim was scratched
2. The 5F memory module was cover was scuffed and scratched
3. Grease on the leather lined wall behind both driver and passenger seat. I am not talking about finger prints but enough grease to make Betty Crocker blush
4. The car was at the dealership for a week and they didn't keep it on a maintainer but used the electrical systems and although it wasn't dead it took over a day to bring back up to full charge
5. In the process of "fixing" the infotainment system which they didn't or more appropriately couldn't I inherited a new issue........so, after that "repair" attempt when I changed music tracks, there was a not so pleasant pop/crackle sound coming through the speakers. Now snap and crackles are fine in my Rice Krispies but not coming through my stereo speakers.
Omg. I am sorry to hear this. I went to trade school for technicians and spent time at a couple dealerships. From my experiences it is not necessary to test drive after a pdi but is a perk of the job so to speak. If it goes to a shop to have something done, of course that guy is gonna “test” drive it. It’s kinda a ****ty thing but as other mentioned I don’t know a single technician grad that can go straight into a lambo dealership without previous experience. Plus to be a lambo tech it requires more then your basic technician certifications, many years of speciality courses and hands on experience thru various other jobs within the field gets you into a place of this caliber. Fresh out grads usually get low level jobs at dealerships not pertaining to exotics. But more your domestic, Japanese manufacturing. As for the damage from the work, I truly feel your pain as both my STo experienced heartbreak damage before I could even take delivery of the car. It’s just piss poor performance on the techs part. Not being careful or taking the proper time to make sure things are handled with care.

·
Registered
130 Posts

Yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!! That’s the ole manual break in method versus technician method. I have done both ways and can now say I do the technician way the only way. I did the manual way in a bike and the camshafts and oil pressure system killed itself.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,089 Posts
Omg. I am sorry to hear this. I went to trade school for technicians and spent time at a couple dealerships. From my experiences it is not necessary to test drive after a pdi but is a perk of the job so to speak. If it goes to a shop to have something done, of course that guy is gonna “test” drive it. It’s kinda a ****ty thing but as other mentioned I don’t know a single technician grad that can go straight into a lambo dealership without previous experience. Plus to be a lambo tech it requires more then your basic technician certifications, many years of speciality courses and hands on experience thru various other jobs within the field gets you into a place of this caliber. Fresh out grads usually get low level jobs at dealerships not pertaining to exotics. But more your domestic, Japanese manufacturing. As for the damage from the work, I truly feel your pain as both my STo experienced heartbreak damage before I could even take delivery of the car. It’s just piss poor performance on the techs part. Not being careful or taking the proper time to make sure things are handled with care.
I will discuss it with the general manager of the Austin dealership in the very near future because I have to establish a working relationship with them given I will have two Lamborghinis' and they are the only game in town. Both the Dallas and Houston dealerships are a 3 hour trip each way from my home so they are not a reasonable alternative. I could try an Indy shop but that creates a little concern for me especially since I would NOT be able to use the purchased 3 yr maintenance X2. The Austin dealership repair/maintenance area is incredibly tight and cramped..............not quite as tight as a phone both but damn close. :giggle:

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,089 Posts
Yes yes yes yes yes!!!!!!! That’s the ole manual break in method versus technician method. I have done both ways and can now say I do the technician way the only way. I did the manual way in a bike and the camshafts and oil pressure system killed itself.
I see your point of view but disagree. I feel all the engine parts need to wear in gradually to wear in properly but this debate, no doubt, will forever rage on............

·
Premium Member
18,980 Posts
Plus to be a lambo tech it requires more then your basic technician certifications, many years of speciality courses and hands on experience thru various other jobs within the field gets you into a place of this caliber.
My dealer sends the main mechanic to Italy 2 to 3 times a years for training updates. With all the new tech it might have to become more often than that to keep current. I thought every dealer would have to do that as well. It should be mandatory for all dealerships if it isn't already.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,089 Posts
My dealer sends the main mechanic to Italy 2 to 3 times a years for training updates. With all the new tech it might have to become more often than that to keep current. I thought every dealer would have to do that as well. It should be mandatory for all dealerships if it isn't already.
I don't know how a mechanic spending more time in Italy will help. The problem isn't their lack of training but the end product, that is, the infotainment system is not functioning as designed or intended.

·
Premium Member
18,980 Posts
I don't know how a mechanic spending more time in Italy will help. The problem isn't their lack of training but the end product, that is, the infotainment system is not functioning as designed or intended.
I am hoping next time I bring mine in his last and recent training at the factory in Italy gave him new knowledge on how to fix my Infotainment issues.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts