Lamborghini Talk banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
I don’t know …. A lot of the techs are UTI grads who are apprentices that make there way up as Lamborghini Techs
The ones who test drive are typically the shop foreman which usually has at least 10+ years why they would be the lead mechanic…
That’s what I like to read! I’m a very trusting person so I am going to have to trust that my local dealer can get things done correctly. I can hear Albert know whispering TRUST BUT VERIFY!!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,086 Posts
on top of which I’m sure that Goof is the same guy you’re bringing your car into when it needs service or has any issues so you trust them to fix the car when it is in warranty but not test drive it lol
I brought my 2021 EVO RWD in for servicing of the marginally functional infotainment system and here are some, not all, some of the issues:
1. The infotainment screen trim was scratched
2. The 5F memory module was cover was scuffed and scratched
3. Grease on the leather lined wall behind both driver and passenger seat. I am not talking about finger prints but enough grease to make Betty Crocker blush
4. The car was at the dealership for a week and they didn't keep it on a maintainer but used the electrical systems and although it wasn't dead it took over a day to bring back up to full charge
5. In the process of "fixing" the infotainment system which they didn't or more appropriately couldn't I inherited a new issue........so, after that "repair" attempt when I changed music tracks, there was a not so pleasant pop/crackle sound coming through the speakers. Now snap and crackles are fine in my Rice Krispies but not coming through my stereo speakers.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,086 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I am fairly certain that if Lamborghini is doing road tests in the cars before sending them out they are being driven by drivers with far more experience then the average Lamborghini buyer on top of which they’ve been doing this for years with no negative complaints that I’ve ever seen so I don’t quite understand ? The 30-50 miles the tech put on the car is probably less relevant then the 10k miles of driving the buyer is going to do .
My issue is with the dealer. I don't trust them, but it's the only one in my country. How do I know they're going to warm it up properly and not push it past the break-in instructions? Plus, it's in a busy city with lots of crap flying around, I sure hope they leave the plastics on until after the dreaded test drive.

Anyway, I've been told I can't go in the passenger seat because the insurance doesn't cover it...

·
Registered
132 Posts
My issue is with the dealer. I don't trust them, but it's the only one in my country. How do I know they're going to warm it up properly and not push it past the break-in instructions? Plus, it's in a busy city with lots of crap flying around, I sure hope they leave the plastics on until after the dreaded test drive.

Anyway, I've been told I can't go in the passenger seat because the insurance doesn't cover it...
That’s fair I can only speak to my dealership in SoCal and one I worked with in Florida and the guys are all top notch with the best customer service.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I brought my 2021 EVO RWD in for servicing of the marginally functional infotainment system and here are some, not all, some of the issues:
1. The infotainment screen trim was scratched
2. The 5F memory module was cover was scuffed and scratched
3. Grease on the leather lined wall behind both driver and passenger seat. I am not talking about finger prints but enough grease to make Betty Crocker blush
4. The car was at the dealership for a week and they didn't keep it on a maintainer but used the electrical systems and although it wasn't dead it took over a day to bring back up to full charge
5. In the process of "fixing" the infotainment system which they didn't or more appropriately couldn't I inherited a new issue........so, after that "repair" attempt when I changed music tracks, there was a not so pleasant pop/crackle sound coming through the speakers. Now snap and crackles are fine in my Rice Krispies but not coming through my stereo speakers.
Shout out to Lamborghini Sarasota, they delivered the car to my home with kid gloves. He connected the battery tender and went over all aspects of the car, which was clean as could be. 10/10 experience

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,086 Posts
I only wish I was closer to the Charlotte Dealership. Who knows, maybe I should move.......

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,086 Posts
Reactions: wthensler

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
To me it's just a car and I've had a lot of them in my lifetime. In my case I've never had an issue. Any problem that's a result of something caused by a dealership I'm sure would be sorted by the dealership. I give them the benefit of the doubt because they are the professionals. Of course there will be opinions on opposing sides of the spectrum.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,977 Posts
So I guess we can gather from all of those who chimmed in, it is for the most part NORMAL to have anywhere between 25 to 50 miles on the car when you buy new.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
11,086 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: DXM31

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
Makes me glad my car is coming in summer, wouldnt want it out on our winter roads which our covered rocks. Before taking delivery just go over with a fine tooth comb and if you find anything they will take care of it

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,977 Posts
When I got my 2012 the dealer in California they called me to explain the extra miles (75). He said one of the lot guys took it to get PPF and he accidently put a almost a half a tank of gas in it. They said it had a safety block and could not be drained, so they had to run the engine to get the fuel level to less than a 1/4 tank to ship it. When I heard that I called my local mechanic and asked him if there was any alternative and he called NB Lambo and explained to their mechanic how to modify a tube to get past the safety and drain it. It did drain but very slowly, but better than having them drive or just run the engine.

Reactions: Rcasa20
21 - 40 of 67 Posts