Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The factory does a test drive for every new Lamborghini. I don’t remember the exact number of kms, but maybe around 30?

Now I’ve come to learn my dealer will also do a road test of 20 to 50 km by one of their mechanics. I don’t understand why it needs to be tested again if it was already done at the factory. Is this normal?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,874 Posts
The factory does a test drive for every new Lamborghini. I don’t remember the exact number of kms, but maybe around 30?

Now I’ve come to learn my dealer will also do a road test of 20 to 50 km by one of their mechanics. I don’t understand why it needs to be tested again if it was already done at the factory. Is this normal?
The need to road test was a discussion I had with the Charlotte North Carolina Lamborghini Dealership and they stated it was "required". I was not happy with that to say the least. I have bought two new EVOs and they both had around 40 miles on them at time of delivery. In the case of my 2022 EVO it had tar flecks on the side of the car that I had to clean off and I suspect it may have occurred during a road test but I can't be sure.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The need to road test was a discussion I had with the Charlotte North Carolina Lamborghini Dealership and they stated it was "required". I was not happy with that to say the least. I have bought two new EVOs and they both had around 40 miles on them at time of delivery. In the case of my 2022 EVO it had tar flecks on the side of the car that I had to clean off and I suspect it may have occurred during a road test but I can't be sure.
I'm definitely not at ease with this. I'm going to ask to be in the passenger side while they do their road testing.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,886 Posts
All 6 of my new Lambos had 30 to 55 miles on them.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
I’ve rented cars out of airports with less than 10 miles on them! Surprised this happens but if that is their process it is what it is. I do like @Srac ’s idea though.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,874 Posts
I'm definitely not at ease with this. I'm going to ask to be in the passenger side while they do their road testing.
That seems reasonable and I can't imagine they would have a problem with that. The other thing, I don't want that engine beat up by any goof on the test drive either. I always break-in my engines properly i.e, per the manual, and would hate for the engine to be abused right out of the gate, so to speak.

Reactions: Srac

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,886 Posts
Seems like this something that is beyond our control. My 2012 had 75 miles on it when I got it from Newport Beach. Apparently they drove it to several places to put various options on it for me. I wasn’t real happy about it as it did seem excessive.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I am fairly certain that if Lamborghini is doing road tests in the cars before sending them out they are being driven by drivers with far more experience then the average Lamborghini buyer on top of which they’ve been doing this for years with no negative complaints that I’ve ever seen so I don’t quite understand ? The 30-50 miles the tech put on the car is probably less relevant then the 10k miles of driving the buyer is going to do .

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
^^ Exactly. Don't see the big deal as this is standard practice for quality control purposes in these types of cars across all manufacturers.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,874 Posts
My perspective is if it's important to the other person than it's important. I never presume the world revolves around me. Thus, I always make a habit of looking at the problem/issue/concern from the other persons perspective even if it is incongruous with my world view. Though, Alcantara................. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
My perspective is if it's important to the other person than it's important. I never presume the world revolves around me. Thus, I always make a habit of looking at the problem/issue/concern from the other persons perspective even if it is incongruous with my world view. Though, Alcantara................. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:
No argument there. Was merely offering my opinion/perspective.

·
Registered
141 Posts
And that Albert,...... is one reason, why you are so liked around these parts. :)

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,874 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
46 miles on my '18 RWD. Interestingly enough, all of my Mercs have had less than 10 miles on them, Aston 23, Ferrari 33.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
I am fairly certain that if Lamborghini is doing road tests in the cars before sending them out they are being driven by drivers with far more experience then the average Lamborghini buyer on top of which they’ve been doing this for years with no negative complaints that I’ve ever seen so I don’t quite understand ? The 30-50 miles the tech put on the car is probably less relevant then the 10k miles of driving the buyer is going to do .
I don’t know. If you read through these threads you’d think Lambo service techs are young newbies who can’t do that right. Not sure I’d want them driving my car. Thinking about it, maybe that’s why the SAs (except Chase for Albert) don’t get back to clients…they’re out driving new cars!!!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,874 Posts
Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don’t know. If you read through these threads you’d think Lambo service techs are young newbies who can’t do that right. Not sure I’d want them driving my car. Thinking about it, maybe that’s why the SAs (except Chase for Albert) don’t get back to clients…they’re out driving new cars!!!
I don’t know …. A lot of the techs are UTI grads who are apprentices that make there way up as Lamborghini Techs
The ones who test drive are typically the shop foreman which usually has at least 10+ years why they would be the lead mechanic…

·
Registered
128 Posts
on top of which I’m sure that Goof is the same guy you’re bringing your car into when it needs service or has any issues so you trust them to fix the car when it is in warranty but not test drive it lol

1 - 20 of 67 Posts