Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of gas does Diablo owners use? Brand, grade, price, additives, and why? Miles per gallon (liter) would be nice.

Maybe Dr. Haas has an essay to share? His SAE oil post was very informative.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I always thought that you shouldn't switch between the different octanes. If you use 93, you should try to use only 93. Can someone confirm?

·
Registered
584 Posts
You should always run premium in a Lambo. If you have to use less octane, its not the end of the world. Your ECU should adjust, you'll lose some HP and you may notice Pinging.

About once a year I like to add an injector cleaner to the fuel, find my favorite road and do an "Italian Tune-Up" and get maximum flow through the injectors.

I have a freind who owns a service station and he told me all gas brands are the same and any additives (Techron) are added at the filling station. I try to avoid any "old" station that may have an old storage tank in the ground, which could contain settlement from over the years. Because of EPA, many stations around here are being forced to replace their tanks and I try to always fill at one of the new tank locations.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Chevron.

Unocal 91 (California) caused a build up of sulfur (or some other chemical) on my Vette C5 fuel gage mechanical float. I ran Redline FI cleaner often and it still had a build up.

Switched to Chevron 91 and run a bottle of Techron ever so often before oil changes and the float "unstuck" itself.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I had a bad experience with a gas station so I only put unocal 100 octane.
If that is not available I will use 91 octane at a gas station that looks new so I know that tank is clean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts