Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
* UPDATE * Congrats to the new owner, Lee T. I'm excited to see you what you do with the car. Thanks for a great transaction. - Joel

---------------------
Hi All, I'm looking for some input and advice on the best way to sell off my crashed 2004 Manual Gallardo. I was in a relatively low speed front impact accident when a guy pulled right out in front of me and we had an impact at probably 15mph. My local dealership in Sarasota, FL was able to get it to the Lambo approved body shop and they came back with an estimate of $55k to fix the car to like-new condition (I can provide estimate if anyone is interested). I decided to take the cash instead of repairing the car and am now trying to figure out the best way to sell the car and get a reasonable amount of money back out of it. A dealer offered me $30k for it as-is, which I feel is low. This car has under 15k miles, has a manual transmission, and I had just put $30k of work into it (new struts, rear bumper, custom exhaust, a bunch of backlogged service that needed to happen). I'd ideally like to get $50k out of it in its current state.

Are there any companies out there that buy exotics to break them down as parts? It seems like the sum of the parts is definitely worth more than the whole in this case. Would listing it on cars.com or similar be the best way to go? Any non-factory dealers out there who specialize in repairing these themselves and reselling?

I bought the car off BaT mid 2020 - Bring-a-Trailer 2004 Gallardo if anyone wants to see more details on it.

The car is currently at the body shop in Sarasota, FL and the bumper and various parts have been pulled off during the insurance inspection process. I've not been down there in person yet so do not have photos of the current state.

Here are pics from the scene of the accident, it certainly does not look like $55k of damage until viewing the OEM parts list needed to fix it up...

I decided not to fix it because I used the cash proceeds from insurance to help buy a 458 Spider and I have a Huracan as well, this car was a lot of fun, but decided to move on and just need some help on the final step of selling it.

I appreciate any input and advice!
-Joel

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I might be interested. Did you get a salvage title or just show the collision. I am looking for one for my son to work on. Can you send me pics and details on mileage , overall condition, etc.Thanks, Lee

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
PS I also need details on clutch etc. The salvage sites usually get 25 to 35 k for cars like that and charge a hefty commission. I am a cash buyer. Send me a PM

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,096 Posts
Hello Joel.....sorry about the mishap maybe you and Lee and work out a deal. Better luck!

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,087 Posts
That really looks like nothing at all, but parts on these cars add up fast. I wouldn’t want to over compete with Lee but I’d take the car in a heartbeat myself. This would be a great project for Lee‘s son as dad and presumably son are very hands-on. my own son is a few years behind. Good luck to the two of you. I have an 08 spider in the same color and it grieves my heart to see. I know this is your baby and I’m sorry to hear. P.m. me if it does not work out with Lee.

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
$55k to fix it? Hell naaaaaaaaaaaaa They definitely looking for a payday.

Don't take no dam 30k or anything near it.

This is a easy fix buddy. Actually, extremely easy fix.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So sorry to see this happen to you! Off to bigger and better :).
Great call on taking the cash though. I would’ve done the same. You should be able to get $50-60 for it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
below are screenshots of the repair quote. I'm definitely interested in moving the car if one of you is interested. I mentioned $50k above as what I'd like to get out of it, if there is a lot of demand and I receive a higher offer I'm definitely willing to entertain that, but also will stand by my word at $50k firm. I will also include a screenshot of the ~$30k of work done by Lamborghini of Sarasota recently so you can all get the full idea of the condition of the car (customer Heffner exhaust, new rear bumper, 4 new struts, all backlogged maintenance, etc). I live about an hour away from where the car currently is, but would be willing to help arrange shipment or whatever else needs to happen if we were to strike up a deal. I'll also post a pic of the Gallardo before the crash next to my Huracan, and an 'after' pick of the 458 next to the Huracan in my messy garage. I'm happy to speak by phone to anyone interested, I've been in ecommerce in the collectibles space for 20 years and have a great reputation in that world but realize I'm an unknown on this board, I'm just looking to solve the problem of this car get a fair amount back out of it, no funny business or drama.

Anyways, I look forward to discussing further with any interested parties
thanks
Joel

VIN and approx mileage:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
PS I also need details on clutch etc. The salvage sites usually get 25 to 35 k for cars like that and charge a hefty commission. I am a cash buyer. Send me a PM
I'm unsure on the clutch, car has under 15k miles and the dealership did not mention anything about clutch issues when they went over the car in depth. See all the records I've posted for further info on the car please.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I might be interested. Did you get a salvage title or just show the collision. I am looking for one for my son to work on. Can you send me pics and details on mileage , overall condition, etc.Thanks, Lee
It does not have a salvage title, will just show the collision on carfax.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Joel,
Collectibles market?
Any chance you’re into comic books?
I have a Detective Comics #31, extremely rare CGC 8.0 professionally restored.
Would you consider a trade?

thanks

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Dude of course OEM parts at the stealership are going to be retail.. LOL

I mean really $5000????? for a 2004 front bumper part 400807429A ($5000 American dollars????)

I have the same bumper for sale at $300 laying around somewhere in my garage that I could care less about.

If it were me I could have that fix for less than $10k easy.. extremely easyyyyyy

·
Registered
105 Posts
WOW.... sorry about what happened but wow.... 50K for a gated G w/ NO salvage title..... someone is going to get one HELL of a deal. If only I could I totally would jump on this even if it's silver. wow... I mean wow!

·
Registered
13 Posts
For what it worth, agreed on the comments above by NycLambo. Based on the quote you posted you do not need the hood hinges-that's just wasted money. You also don't need a hood replacement. The damage on the hood appears limited to the corner front RH side - that can be repaired by a good shop-it will be a story car but so what. The labor quoted on this is way above industry standard. Of course its a Lambo but any decent repair shop can handle this repair and the rate would be more like $40-$45/hr. You also don't need OEM on the bumper. I would go OEM on the fender. Light brackets are questionable too. Can't tell from the photo if the RH light moved or the fender did, but you could get this vehicle repaired for significantly less than that quote if you shop around.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Biggest issue would be possible frame damage. If not, sourcing your own parts looks like $15-20k depending on if headlights need replacement. Sorry to hear your misfortune but you have a couple of solid guys here looking to take it off your hands.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm glad to hear there is some interest, first offer of $50k and it is yours. I'm happy to go through an escrow service if that makes people more comfortable.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I can't believe the market on these, you picked this up for $80k only 7 months ago. Good luck on the sale, I have a potentially interested party just down the street from you. I sent the info to him.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts