Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it seems that the stock pirellis that come with the lp610's leave a lot to be desired.

I'm thinking of putting R888rs in the rear and leaving the fronts as is.

R888r's do not come in 305/30/20 (stock). Can i go up a size with 315/30/20's?

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Sadly my car came with the Pzeroes, will be changing soon to Michelin PS4's. Have had them on my last few cars and they are great and are the preferred tire of most people

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,860 Posts
I have the stock P-Zeros, but when the time comes based on comments from many others, I would go Michelin Pilot 4S. I have been told that they are more sticky and could resolve some of the tire spin issues with the RWD cars.

·
Super Moderator
3,326 Posts
I have the stock P-Zeros, but when the time comes based on comments from many others, I would go Michelin Pilot 4S. I have been told that they are more sticky and could resolve some of the tire spin issues with the RWD cars.
Russ you’re funny. You have to keep a car long enough to need new tires !!!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,860 Posts
I know, but I might get tired of the wheel spin and upgrade anyway. I’m thinking 2024 will be the new H replacement, and that would possibly be the earliest I let this one go.

·
Registered
354 Posts
So it seems that the stock pirellis that come with the lp610's leave a lot to be desired.

I'm thinking of putting R888rs in the rear and leaving the fronts as is.

R888r's do not come in 305/30/20 (stock). Can i go up a size with 315/30/20's?
Yes, quite a few TT cars running that combo (Toyo rear and stock front).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
263 Posts
Pilot Sport 4S is winner of tire rack uhp tire comparison and EVO Magazine tyre test and highly regarded by users and journalists alike. Basically the best road tyre out there.

·
Registered
389 Posts
A friend of mine gets new ones every year beginning of the season. Knowing he doesn't track his car, does that make any sense?

just a friend of course.

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Depends what tires they are and miles put on. The stock Pzeroes start sucking after like 5k miles, but if the Michelins would be still be good at 15k miles. Sounds like your friend has some kind of OCD issue

·
Registered
SL #7007
135 Posts
My SL has MP4S's.... I ran R888's on my previous GTR. I needed grip because it was FBO and on E85 @800 HP. The R888's are excellent for traction but lots of road noise and I was getting around 6-8k miles out of them. They dont last long but I drove my GTR hard. Also, R888's sucked in wet.... It scared me so I switched to MPSS and I was happy.

My last R8 I switched to MP4S's and they are awesome in all street conditions. I never tracked my R8 like I did my GTR though. So I cant speak on that point.

For my use, MP4S's have been perfect!

·
Registered
141 Posts
MP4S should be plenty good for a stockish Huracan.

A lot of drag guys run the R888r. I ran them on my last car but didnt like how the car behaved with those tires on the rear and normal street tires on the front. I'd rather run them on all 4 corners if I really need that much traction.

·
Registered
354 Posts
MP4S should be plenty good for a stockish Huracan.

A lot of drag guys run the R888r. I ran them on my last car but didnt like how the car behaved with those tires on the rear and normal street tires on the front. I'd rather run them on all 4 corners if I really need that much traction.
Problem is you can’t run them on all four corners in 20s. Have to either mix them or drop back to 19s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts