Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
900 or 1200?

Also - is it OK to increase idel by rotating TPS? I've heard that TPS can be used to set idle at 1200. Comments anyone?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Idle should be 1200 RPM. Assuming the TPS is set right, the idle is adjusted by controilling air intake using an adjustment screw on the underside of the plenum (where the throttle control two valves are). Do not do it by adjusting the stop nut for the throttle itself.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Diablo idle shoild be 1050 - 1150.

I would Not reccomend playing with any settings. The idle speed is controlled by the LIE's reading the pulse of the Timing pick-up sensor & the crank sensor & the MAP Sensors, along with 02 sensors.

If the idle is not correct, this suggests a problem that the Computers cannot compensate for, such as bad plugs, plug wires, air leak, etc. etc.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. After a long run, she will idle at 900, which seems low.

I pulled the air boxes to reapint and noticed a loose vacum line on the L fuel pressure reg, reraired it and have not tested the car yet. Might be a good time check wires / coil.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, checked all the lines one by one.

Also will kill the battery (not the switch) and let it re-program because I also changed the exhaust....

Long story... Had local mech install Tubi and straight pipes. OK but too much popping on down shifts for my tastes and sets off neighbors car alarms on early morning cold starts :). Bought some Quicksilver resonators, bolted them in myself... too quiet. Bolted in a pair of hollowed out cats that I had....perfect. Low healthy rumble...no restriction....and just a minor, and I mean minor, amount of popping...

I also hand build a new dash pod that I'm intalling today. So will be good to go this weekend... Really love this car... pretty easy to work on compared to my former FCar...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts