Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What OBD reader will read a 2004 ABS codes?

I have a few OBD readers and just borrowed a friend's BlueDriver OBD reader and still cannot get the ABS codes. I need to figure out where the fault is.

Has anyone had success with any particular readers? The BlueDriver was suppose to be able to read VW/Audi codes but didn't read any even though it acted like it was. But also I have never tried to read ABS codes before and didn't know if they are a "must catch on the fly" code that isn't stored. For example my car never shows the lights on start up it is always after moved a little distance that they light up.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Hi,
for the enthusiast, I find the ross-tech vcds for Audi/VW is great at reading codes,engine performance, etc. for the LP series of Gallardos.

You can read engine parameters real time on the dyno or on 'road dyno' and log them on your laptop.
Attached are example of some of the parameters you can measure.

You can even reset the e-gear if you are brave.

you can see the functions on this site: ABS is shown as well.

https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/main_screen.php

I have just traded my HEX+ CAN-usb - see pic below- and ordered the upgraded HEX-NET Pro.

The HEX-NET Pro can read codes for the Gallardo LP series and Huracan/Aventador/Bentley up to and including 2018 models as well as all the VW/Audi vehicles.

The website says they can read some parameters for the pre-LP Gallardo, but not all.
Best check with ross-tech, if interested.

Of course, there are the more very expensive Leonardo, Lara, etc software readers and code setters for the DIY enthusiast which you would need for the pre-LP series. So sorry not much help.

Just my two cents worth.

regards,
john

Attachments

·
Registered
340 Posts
I was told the LARA is needed for ABS codes and clutch snap readings, as it's not an OBD fault. Can anyone else confirm if they have been able to get an ODB Scanner to actually work?

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Will it do a clutch snap on a Pre-LP ? what OBD connector to use ?
Hi,
easy answer first- the ross-tech -vcds is really designed for the LP series Gallardo.

the rosstech vcds interface plugs into the obd-2 port under the dash just like any obd-2 scanner.

The other end of the interface of the HEX-Net standard or Pro can be a wireless connect via Bluetooth or use a USB cable to plug into your laptop.

I prefer the USB cable connect method to my laptop especially for dyno runs and 'road dyno' runs.

As to what the rosstech can do with clutch readings for the LP series please refer to the Audi R8 forum thread:

https://www.r8talk.com/threads/vag-com-diagnostic-thread.2716/

I do know that can read number of launch controls:evil:

You can also do a full e-gear reset if you are familiar with the instructions.
I started to do it once, but got nervous with all the clunking and stopped it:eek:

The Audi R8 'R tronic" guys do it all the time, they say.

If you want to know full capabilities for LP series , just ask Ross- Tech.

However, for pre-LP as per other poster, the Lara dealer software or the Leonardo software is what you have to use as per Dansken's post.
It would not hurt to email/call ross-tech to get a definitive answer on what they can read on the pre-LP Gallardo.

just my two cents worth.

cheers,
john

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Hi all,
further to my post above, my friend at Ross-tech advised that the latest HEX-NET enthusiast or pro version will communicate with VCDS on a
2004 Gallardo (North American):
Address: 01 Engine
Address: 03 ABS Brakes
Address: 09 Cent. Elect.
Address: 11 Engine II
Address: 16 Steering wheel
Address: 17 Instruments
Address: 46 Central Conv.
Address: 54 Rear Spoiler

Unfortunately does not appear to communicate with e-gear clutch as it can with the LP series Gallardo and Huracan/Aventador, but I will confirm further.

just my two cents worth.
cheers,
john

1 - 7 of 7 Posts