Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Huracan owners, I have a bizarre question and many of you will think I'm getting too far ahead of myself. I am thinking about purchasing a Huracan STO. Unlike most of you, I'm a creature of habit who absolutely hates change. If I seriously fall in love with something, I never want to let it go. If I got a Huracan STO and fall in love, I'll surely have a lot of great memories in the car and knowing myself, I won't want to let it go. Moreover, I want to get a Huracan to be my daily driver and even go on road trips between San Antonio and other cities I enjoy visiting like Vegas just for thrill and adventure.

If after a few years use, I confirm that I'm crazy about the car and decide I want to put 200k miles on the engine daily driving the hell out of it within a 10 year window, should I plan to purchase an extra engine and transmission before they are no longer produced? If I'm planning to own this car for at least 15 years while daily driving the car, I'm highly confident that within the 10 year window, Lamborghini will be completely transitioned away from the naturally aspirated V10 and towards some sort of hybrid combination with a turbocharged V6. I'm asking you about this knowing for sure that my daily driving vehicle could easily get 200k miles within 10 years. For example, I currently drive a Camry from November 2012, and it currently has 252k miles on it!

I want to know the best recommended way to plan far enough ahead that I'm not stuck needing a new engine/transmission after driving the Huracan STO into the ground over the period of 10 years. By "too late", I meant waiting until Lamborghini no longer makes V10 naturally aspirated engines.

·
Registered
70 Posts
There is a Huracan out there close to 200k miles, and I know of a Performante in Canada that has 100k km on it, so I don't think you will have much issue driving the car to your expectation.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,573 Posts
We now know for sure that the V10 is on its way out and there is nothing we can do about it except adapt to the changes that are coming. At this point I am excited to see what Lamborghini does with this transition from ICE to electrification. If I am not happy I will just keep my current EVO and enjoy it till the end?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We now know for sure that the V10 is on its way out and there is nothing we can do about it except adapt to the changes that are coming. At this point I am excited to see what Lamborghini does with this transition from ICE to electrification. If I am not happy I will just keep my current EVO and enjoy it till the end?
How soon do we know exactly when they will completely forgo the V10 ICE and switch over to electrification? Do we know the final year of the Huracan as a V10?

·
Premium Member
18,573 Posts
How soon do we know exactly when they will completely forgo the V10 ICE and switch over to electrification? Do we know the final year of the Huracan as a V10?
I am only guessing but I believe we will see several years of hybrid models and by 2030 it very well could be full electric.

·
Registered
20 Giallo Auge Urus | 2021 Verde Scandal SVJ | 2021 STO Arancio Atlas/Verde Mantis
329 Posts
From what I’m told by my SA Huracan replacement will be V8t hybrid.

·
Registered
144 Posts
All other discussion points aside, if you truly plan to daily it I would look at an EVO and not a STO...especially if you want to transport anything larger than a race helmet and have some rear view visibility. From a practicality standpoint, repairs on the EVO are bound to be easier (quicker to source parts) and cheaper too.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,436 Posts
OP, @topcarbon asks an important question, that is, do you intend to daily an STO? Man o man I love my EVO and compared to the STO it is spacious and the EVO is not spacious by any stretch of the imagination. The EVO, STO are fun cars but wildly impractical.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’m stuck on you going from daily a Camry to an STO
You also posted a year ago enquiring on a hurrican but still daily a Camry?
Top Carbon, thanks for remembering or looking into that and bringing it up. Let me explain some things to hopefully make sense of it. Back in 2012, I wasn't making much at my full time job and just barely starting my own business. I hardly had any money to my name and put a down payment on the lowest end model of a new 2012 Camry. Since then, my business gradually increased and I also go out every night. On weekends, I drive all over Texas to different places. In more recent years, I love going to the strip clubs most nights. My parents and some of the girls at the clubs tease me about the old Camry all the time, but I've kept up with maintenance on it and was honestly hoping to drive it into the ground. So far, it's done quite well and has about 252k miles on it!!!

Last year when you saw my old posts, I came very close to customizing a white Huracan EVO and was even in talks with a sales rep out of the Austin Lamborghini dealership who is tall just like me, and he was going to show me ways I could more adequately fit into one using racing seats and stuff like that. Before seeing the proof I could fit into it, I wasn't totally sold on it but he's 6"6 and I'm 6"4 and I really wanted to talk to someone who was also tall and knew how to make the car work for them.

Sorry for going way into the weeds here, but I want to talk about it. At that time one year ago when I reached out to the forums with Huracan questions, I had a lot of money coming in and could afford to pay in cash for the new car outright. But right at the last minute when the Austin dealership was about to get a Huracan in inventory with racing seats that would save a couple inches on the headroom space for me to try sitting in before deciding whether I was going to custom order a new Huracan with the sales rep, I made a drastic and last-minute decision to take all the cash and invest it into the market. Some things were happening with Tesla, Apple, and Microsoft back then and I saw a window of time I didn't want to lose.

I delivered the "bad news" to the Austin POC I was working with regarding my choice to invest all the cash and reassured him that I was going to hit him up again when another nice chunk of cash comes rolling in. I'm sure in the back of his mind he was thinking to himself, "yeah sure that's what they all say" though. Fortunately however, that time has come and you'll see me posting on here a bit more because my mind is back to thinking about Huracans with a new sense of urgency because the naturally aspirated V10 is definitely around for a limited time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To tell you the truth, as much as I hate to admit this, I'm not 100% sold on the hybrids and the whole "green energy" thing. I think battery technology in the EV space needs more room for improvement, especially for those who plan to drive these vehicles the way you pros know how to drive your Huracans. I'm not suggesting the hybrid v8 direction or an eventual 100% EV approach is uninteresting. I would just rather give that technology years to mature first.

Now for a bit of bad news: Brace yourselves for this. I worry that whenever this Huracan replacement V8 hybrid releases, the car design will be created with the intentional purpose of appearing to "eclipse" the design of the Huracan. For example, they may create a new Huracan with a sleeker back that looks more like a Testarossa or something. No matter how much the next generation V8 hybrid appears to eclipse all previous generation V10 Huracans, I hope it encourages all of you to love your V10 Huracans even more and to remember what you have--a badass BEAST!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OP, @topcarbon asks an important question, that is, do you intend to daily an STO? Man o man I love my EVO and compared to the STO it is spacious and the EVO is not spacious by any stretch of the imagination. The EVO, STO are fun cars but wildly impractical.
At first, I would keep the Camry. I know absolutely nothing about getting a sports car through driveways or how to look at a drive way, speed bump, etc., and effectively judge whether it is do-able. I think expecting to daily drive a Huracan will be something I'll need to train myself to do. When comparing the EVO to the STO, are you saying there may be slightly more head room in the STO? I am pretty tall at 6"4 and could use all the headroom I can get. I was talking to a sales rep a year ago at the Austin Lamborghini dealership who told me that getting racing seats would save me a couple inches of head space. That was something I was about to explore prior to deciding to invest all the money in the stock market and selling covered calls as a side hobby. Now, I'm ready to revisit the Huracan but my concern is whether I'll be able to fit in it.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,436 Posts
OP, my point is the in-cabin and frunk storage in my EVO is quite limited and the STO frunk is large enough for a helmet and that’s about it. Regarding your concern about fitting in the EVO I will let others chime in but we have some tall forum members that have been able to have sufficient head room when speccing the Sport Seats.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OP, my point is the in-cabin and frunk storage in my EVO is quite limited and the STO frunk is large enough for a helmet and that’s about it. Regarding your concern about fitting in the EVO I will let others chime in but we have some tall forum members that have been able to have sufficient head room when speccing the Sport Seats.
Lambo2018: Yeah! I saw that on this Heather Ballentine STO review on her YouTube channel:

I was pretty shocked by that. Fortunately for me, I hardly ever carry anything around because I always eat out and order things on Amazon. It would be fun to throw a bag in the passenger seat and speed off to Vegas on a road trip though! Oh yeah, I forgot that I've always been single too so rarely do I have anyone in the passenger seat. I take girls out maybe once per week or every other week but usually I go out alone.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,436 Posts
Lambo2018: Yeah! I saw that on this Heather Ballentine STO review on her YouTube channel:

I was pretty shocked by that. Fortunately for me, I hardly ever carry anything around because I always eat out and order things on Amazon. It would be fun to throw a bag in the passenger seat and speed off to Vegas on a road trip though! Oh yeah, I forgot that I've always been single too so rarely do I have anyone in the passenger seat. I take girls out maybe once per week or every other week but usually I go out alone.
Well, then your going into this purchase with eyes wide open. Best of luck and happy trails if you drop the hammer. Have you tried out the Sports Seats, and if so, do you fit comfortably in them?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, then your going into this purchase with eyes wide open. Best of luck and happy trails if you drop the hammer. Have you tried out the Sports Seats, and if so, do you fit comfortably in them?
Great question. I still need to try that out. I'm going to re-engage with the Austin Lamborghini dealership and see if they'll let me sit in a Huracan with sports seats to see what space that gives me.

·
Premium Member
18,573 Posts
Winkelmann stated in his latest interview the NA V10 will be around for 3 years.
Yes and that would indicate it would be around until 2024, my dealer told me 2023. I am pretty sure that will also be the release of the Huracan replacement, which would be a 2024 MY. The only downer is from what I have read here and elsewhere it might be a TT V8. I sure hope not, but it is a strong possibility.

Reactions: Sakura and l33tb0y

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
I heard V12 + hybrid is the future according to my local source. V10 NA will be gone by 2024. I don't know what they are going to replace the V10 with.

If you have fallen in love with STO, just order it right away IMO and worry about whatever later :) Driving car you love is a medication anyway & help you mentally to make more money later (at least that is what I told myself) 🤣 Also, Lucifer told me that you don't live forever & gotta enjoy the life while at it.

Since the old Countach still exist & driven by some, I don't see why STO won't be driven for many years to come. No need to buy another engine or trans. The factory has tons of the parts that can last until your next generation.

·
Premium Member
18,573 Posts
I think these cars will be driven for as long as they can find gasoline. At some point there will probably be a penalty for polluting the environment for those that insist on keeping their ICE cars on the road.

Reactions: Sakura
1 - 20 of 43 Posts