Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was 4, I moved to the United States. Until then, the most exotic car my family had ever heard of was Ferrari. One of the first major luxuries I ever got in my childhood was the N64 with the Lamborghini game.

I remember going around the first track in the Countach, just blown away by what I was racing with. That time in my life profoundly affected my love for cars, and began my love for Lamborghini.

I'm obsessive, as most are on this forum. Every day is time spent solving real problems... and getting closer to ownership.

To conclude, I pose the question... What were the circumstances surrounding you falling in love with Lamborghini?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I loved Ferraris, first the 355 then the 360 Modena came out while I was in high school and that was my dream car, my poster on the wall, build models, read all about car. In 2006 my father started shopping for a luxury sedan and bought a Maserati Quattroporte and they had a 2001 Ferrari 360 manual and an 04 Lambo with Egear. At 23 I convinced the sales guy to let me test drive both if my dad bought a car. I drove the 360 first, it was a dream come true!!! Then I drove the Lambo and downshifting from 80 in 4th to 40 in 2nd while breaking and not using a clutch, wow! That was the last time a Ferrari had been my favorite car.
Now I own both a Ferrari and Lambo only 9 years later.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
When I was a kid, My grandpa gave my dad a big box full of old Road & Track magazines. I used to sit and brows them on rainy days. At that time, the Countach was the fastest production car in the world and the most amazing car I had ever seen. There were several articles about it in those old magazines. I have been a hard core fan ever since. (All some kids find are their Dad's old Playboys.....)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Well it had to be either the hot brunette in the Countach in Gumball rally,Cindy Crawford in Vacation in the red Ferrari 308 or the poster of the red countach under Raquel Welchs poster on my wall at 16. Young teenage boys are sooo impressionable. I remember a blue Pantera making the strip where we lived in 1976 and 5 carloads of girls chasing them thinking I GOTTA GET ONE OF THESE ! Lee

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I love the old ones because it is like stepping into my youth. Lots of memories come back when I drive the cars I once dreamed of. Lee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts