Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not saying I dont like the murcielago, but why did they stop prodcuing Diablos? There is still demand for them. What is even worse was they didnt even make an sv version of it. Some people say its time has come and its age has shown....I dont believe that...look at the 6.0...it look so amazing! IMO I think the Diablo represents a more true Lamborghini, and the Muri was created mainly to generate more sales (just my take no flames please). Also they G and Muri are now coming out with newer models that have 600 to 700hp, respectfully, which makes the diablo look even worse. I really wished lamborghini continued to create newer models of the diablo.

Also lamborghini is now playing catch up by introducing newer models often, why not just create one with 800 plus hp like the Koenigsegg or Bugatti. Take the lengendary mclaren f1, yea there are a lot of cars with better stats, but I doubt in a real race any car could touch it.

It pains to see me Lamborghini in this situation. The Countach IMO was the car that started it all, I dont believe any car has had the same impact the Countach or Diablo had when they were introduced. These cars were way ahead of its time. Look at 90 Honda and 04 one, big difference. Not so with lamborghinis.

I may be a bit Lamborghini and Diablo bias, but I always viewed them as the best, and when I own one, hopefully I have the finanices to mod my 6.0 with 800 plus hp.
:mad:

·
Registered
154 Posts
If I'm not mistaken the Murcielago is just an evolution of the Diablo. If you look at it you can see some Diablo in there.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
jermdude15 said:
If I'm not mistaken the Murcielago is just an evolution of the Diablo. If you look at it you can see some Diablo in there.
It is in some ways. The main lines and shape is similar. But the soul of the Diablo is not in the Muri IMO. Its lost a lot of its aggressive styling, and head turning attention. I believe the diablo was an evolution of the countach but the same cant be said with the Muri. Just my take.

Please dont take it the wrong way, there is nothing wrong with the G or Muri, I wouldnt mind owning either. But if I had a choice I would choose the Diablo.

·
Administrator
5,166 Posts
First of all, there is a Diablo SV, at least mine has a badge that says it is :)

Second, The Diablo had a 10 year run, that's a long time for an Italian Exotic.

Third, Audi wanted to make it's own mark on Lamborghini, ie: the new models.

At Lastly, don't place to much emphasis, on these silly horsepower wars, where are you going to use 800 HP, Heck it's hard to use 300 in today's stop and go traffic.

·
Registered
165 Posts
LOL you didnt know there was such a thing as a Diablo SV LMAO, I wish they still made Diablos too :( :(

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
murcielago33 said:
LOL you didnt know there was such a thing as a Diablo SV LMAO, I wish they still made Diablos too :( :(

Opps, my bad. I meant to say there isnt an sv version based on the diablo 6.0. Boy do I look like a fool now.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I agree with Raymondo, 10 years is a long time for any car, let alone an italian exotic. Sooner or later people would have wanted something new anyways, and I personally like the Murcielago better than the Diablo. The Murci seems so much more areodynamic and menacing, but then again it isn't as muscular as the Diablo is. I think that they need to stop changing cars so quick (eg the horsepower upgrade with the G and M), who needs 800 horsepower anyway???

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
jermdude15 said:
I agree with Raymondo, 10 years is a long time for any car, let alone an italian exotic. Sooner or later people would have wanted something new anyways, and I personally like the Murcielago better than the Diablo. The Murci seems so much more areodynamic and menacing, but then again it isn't as muscular as the Diablo is. I think that they need to stop changing cars so quick (eg the horsepower upgrade with the G and M), who needs 800 horsepower anyway???
True I totally agree with you, Muri or Diablo is based on your taste. However, both are beautiful cars. While it is true you dont need 800hp, its for bragging rights, but than again a stock Diablo is already enough of a brag.

I know 10 years is a long time for an exotic, but I'm sure it could easily go for another 10. The shape of the Diablo will never be outdated, only minor changes are required to keep the car up to date.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Consider it Michael Jordan right after his first retirement. He went out on top! That is what the Diablo did. It went out on top. We don't want it to be Jordn after his third retirement do we?? If they kept it going it would get away from what it was. I think we can all agree that it was and still is a great car. There is no need for it to continue and get watered down. If the Miura was still in production today it would not be as sought after. JMO

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think the Diablo looks best because Gandini designed it and Chrysler slightly refined it. Though Dayton, from Chrysler, missed the mark when he designed the interior, to bad. The Murcielago and Gallardo were designed by a German not an Italian. He wanted them to look like stealth fighters, big mistake, not like Gandini who just made beautiful supercars. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Being a proud owner of a 97 Diablo SV...the first thing I love this car over the later version or even a M is the pop-up head-lamp...some say it was old technology but personally, I think that's why making a car so outstanding...and also that's why I miss those on the early NSX too!! Hope they would have a M with pop-up head-lamp soon. :rolleyes:

I was not looking for comfort or anything while driving SV (if I am, I should look for another NSX) and that's exactly what Lambo owner should not be looking for!! Every single drive is a challenging one and it's full of FUN!! However, they are now making sport car like sitting in a sofa at home playing GT4...hmm...sorry to my friends who own M and G...but don't you think so too?

Nevertheless, I agreed that 10 years in production is very long for a single model...but if you look at the M is not a replacement for the Diablo but just another NEW CAR from Lamboghini...it makes sense afterward!! Just like Tracy Lord was a goddess but then they have Jenna Jameson...yes, they are both in the same industry but they are just 2 different goddess in 2 different era, right?! ;)

p.s. Why Countach and Diablo become a legend now...because they are already dead...(just like great painter, i.e. Picasso)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Actually, the Diablo and the Murcie. are still using the same chassis. They were in need of a new car or at least a look because the sales of the Diablo were starting to drop and Audi bought Lamborghini not for the reason to preserve the Diablo; they wanted to save the company and make money. I agree that the Diablo was and still is a beautiful car, I had owned two before, but life going on. Beside what I said, if the Diablo is still in production these days, it may not be appreciated as much.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I think that the Diablo was the best Lamborghini ever made. I would really love to see it was still produced and i disagree 10 years is a long time for one model. The Countach was produced from 71-90, so thats almost twice as long. And still there were many people interested in 89. I agree with evoluzione that the Diablo represents a more true Lamborghini, than the Murcielago and the Gallardo. I still like the new models, but the old ones were just more exotic and better looking to my opinion.
Evoluzione, dont forget that the Miura also had a great impact when she was introduced. This car was also way ahead of its time.
I hope Lamborghini will bring out a new model in a few years, but this time 100% Italian style. Miura, Countach, Diablo style :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just one thing here, the Murcielago & Gallardo were designed by a Belgian citizen (who was born in Peru).

·
Registered
25 Posts
No, I'm not from Peru. Just mentioned it because Clarksd stated earlier on in this thread that the Murcielago & Gallardo were designed by a German!

·
Registered
464 Posts
I’m glad they don’t make the Diablo any more. If I saw another Diablo in a rap video I was going to kill myself! I just wish the car was worth more so the caliber of owner would stay at a high level and not just anyone can buy one. It’s sad to see them the same price as a Mercedes that you see every 2 minutes in the streets.
The problem with the Diablo Is that is used to be the fastest car in the world and now days the plastic POS American and Luxury German cars can beat a Diablo. HOW SAD! We all have to resort to talking about how the competition doesn’t look as good or that you can finance them for 9 years for $20 a month or that they are not exclusive.

The Diablo shouldn’t be beat by any car and should win in all levels! That’s what made the Diablo one of the greats cars

1 - 20 of 26 Posts