3,070 Posts
a bad ass replica...

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
JUNK!
FRAUD!
FAKE ROLEX TYPE OF GUYS!

After spending almost a half a million dollars over the years on my 4 Lamborghini's, nothing pisses me off more than someone asking me if one of my cars are REAL! :mad:

·
Registered
91 Posts
BUT WAIT- THERE'S MORE! :p

MMMM... THAT'S NICE!!! :D

·
Registered
584 Posts
Agree with Tony... (I feel your pain) :)

You gotta give these guys some credit for the work they put into it..what pisses me off are the guys who sell the bodys..you know it's a copyright infringement....

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Fakes

Tony Lambo, I couldn't agree with you more about these replica pieces of sh-t. I have recently sent a packet to Audi with pictures of these God Damn replicas, The company addresses, EBay address, and phone numbers.And I demand an answer to why they are not stopping this! I too have spent about the same on 3 Lambos and I am quite sick of people asking me what kind of kit it is! Maybe if more members made a little noise, this would end.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Joe - I wish you luck with your efforts, but truth be know, little more will be done than what they are doing about it now.

I retired 3 years ago at age 47. I'm the founder and former CEO of the largest US Customs Brokerage firm in the US and written books, taught import law, etc etc.

A few years ago, our firm was hired by Rolex to hunt down fake knock offs and we gave them plenty of leads. Litigation followed and shut them down.

Lambo, Ferrari, etc are aware of the fakes...all you have to do is go to kitcar.com or lamborghinireplica.com etc etc.

Intellectual Property Rights are protected globally by trade agreements - You have 2 issues with kit cars. Trade name/trademark & copyright. The name "lamborghini" is a registered tradename - it's a slam dunk as far as the courts are concerned...thats why kit car companies will sell you the badge, but dare not place it on the car... you have to place it on the car.

The big issue is the car design, which is copyright (art and design work). All the builder has to do is change one item. For example, change the way to door handle is placed. Now the issue is did the change alter the design to the point where it no longer infringes on the original design? Both sides will go to court and litigate the hell out of it. Injunctions in the past have had little success. If the builder is about to lose, he will close his doors, pay off his attorney and open shop down the street under a new name.

Now we are seeing builders show up in Canada. The question is one of economics. Is it worth Lambos time to pursue these guys who scramble like cockroaches? No money recovery for damages and to hunt them down and litigate costs time and money. The other issue is to "prove" damages. In other words, did Lambo lose a sale on a real lambo because someone bought a kit car?

It just goes on and on....

If they respond to you, please post. I would be interested in their comments to you.
Best
FL

·
Registered
959 Posts
You will probably all lynch me for this, but i sort of like the look of the blue murci, you can clearly see that its not a real lambo, but i like the sort of "sharp" look it has, I also like the color. Hate the interior though...

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
DaLamboMan said:
You will probably all lynch me for this, but i sort of like the look of the blue murci, you can clearly see that its not a real lambo, but i like the sort of "sharp" look it has, I also like the color. Hate the interior though...
OK, lets get the rope! :eek:

Frank, you have any tall oak trees near your house? :whip:

Just kidding Jon, maybe we'll just give you 10 lashings with the Espada stick!

-

·
Registered
584 Posts
Well, like I said earlier...you have to give the guys credit that actually do the work. What they lack in money they make up and effort to build a dream car. I have no bones to pick with any gear head. I actually started building a 396 SS before I had a drivers license.

My issue is with the companies that illegally copy the design for a quick buck.

Tony - Hope you make it to carsforthecure in MCO on Feb 12. Entrance fee is lowered to $40 and proceeds go to American Lung Assoc. The guy is really trying for a good turn out - It's the week after Italafest, which I think is the 5th but have not seen anything from them yet..

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
fl_355 said:
Well, like I said earlier...you have to give the guys credit that actually do the work. What they lack in money they make up and effort to build a dream car. I have no bones to pick with any gear head. I actually started building a 396 SS before I had a drivers license.

My issue is with the companies that illegally copy the design for a quick buck.

Tony - Hope you make it to carsforthecure in MCO on Feb 12. Entrance fee is lowered to $40 and proceeds go to American Lung Assoc. The guy is really trying for a good turn out - It's the week after Italafest, which I think is the 5th but have not seen anything from them yet..

Frank,

What or should I say where is MCO? I always bring the cars out (schedule permitting) for a good cause, especially for kids. Seeing that I lost my Father to lung cancer almost 6 years ago this sounds like something I wish I heard of sooner, since I assume it's not within a hour of Naples. Where is MCO?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey guys, chill out. My Countach quite often gets mistaken for a kit, but I don't let bother me. Conversations usually go along the lines of :-

Enquirer: Hey, nice car.
Me: Thanks.
Enq: Obviously a kit car!
Me: Umm.
Enq: What engine you got in there?
Me: A V12
Enq: Right. What - Rover, Jaguar?
Me: No, Lamborghini.
Enq: Oh.

At this point, they usually go quiet and shuffle off, much to my never ending amusement.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts