Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m getting the wheels re-chromed on my 98 Roadster and I found these devices strapped to the inside of three of the wheels once we’ve removed the tires. I would’ve thought they are TPMS sensors but one of the wheels didn’t have one and another was busted open and loose. Also, the temp wheels I have on don’t have TPMS and no dash light.

Any idea what they might be?

5BC2101F-9C59-4E3F-8DEA-DA0D0C16F58A.jpeg

·
Registered
103 Posts
My two front wheels have them, I haven't received my rear tires yet so don't know about the rear. I was under the impression they were TPMS.

·
Registered
505 Posts
It's some sort of a Security/remote Control Transmitter
FCC ID HFXTX355A is assigned to Epic Corp

Below is more info on the FCC ID

Epic company address
200 Bluegrass Dr E

Norwalk, OH 44857-1169

Hope this can help you.

Not sure if this would be a good place for a GPS tracker so I would suspect TPMS

Josh

·
Registered
505 Posts
What year is your Diablo? I do not recall seeing this on my 91
Man I get jealous of you folks with your fancy smancy later year Diablos with all the cool stuff!!!!

My Front end wont rise
My back end is too big
My tires are going bold and have to get a toupee uhmmm new set
My paint job is weathering and pealing
What is this age thing?

;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep its Diablo TPMS and the part # is

Below is more info form lambostuff/bullstuff.com

Hope this helps

Josh
Thank you did this info Josh. what would cause these sensors to trigger dash light?

i only ask because one wheel didn’t have a sensor in it and the temp wheels don’t have any, yet no dash light. In fact, is there a dash light for this?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What year is your Diablo? I do not recall seeing this on my 91
Man I get jealous of you folks with your fancy smancy later year Diablos with all the cool stuff!!!!

My Front end wont rise
My back end is too big
My tires are going bold and have to get a toupee uhmmm new set
My paint job is weathering and pealing
What is this age thing?

;)
I can certainly attest that my 98 feels easier/more comfortable to drive than my 94.

however, the 94 feels incredibly raw, especially without the front drive shafts.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Sorry to hear you won't be procuring 6.0 wheels....

I don't have this device on any of my wheels....

·
Registered
628 Posts

And here is the TPMS display. This is my old one. I have a new one to be assembled, with a battery voltage readout, pressure, temperature, and a 2.1A fast USB charger

I have a heater in the garage that blows inside the left rear wheel arch. This explains the differences in temperature

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,319 Posts
Ormond, out of curiosity what are you being charged to re-chrome your set of wheels?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry to hear you won't be procuring 6.0 wheels....

I don't have this device on any of my wheels....

Wish I could my friend, but these prices are just silly for wheels! More importantly, I'm becoming more convinced there is value to keeping the car as original as possible.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ormond, out of curiosity what are you being charged to re-chrome your set of wheels?
I haven't actually reached out to anyone yet. My biggest challenge so far has been finding the right 'bits' to take the wheels apart. I found a seller on eBay that sells them and hoping to get my hands on them next week.

If you know a good chrome place, that doesn't cut corners, please give me their contacts.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,319 Posts
I don’t. My wheels are original or were rechromed before I bought the car, either way they look in great shape and don’t need any work but eventually they might. I was just curious what that would cost

1 - 20 of 21 Posts