Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm simply curious what you would estimate the cost per mile for a Lamborghini Huracan.

Doesn't have to be exact or anything.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,011 Posts
My last one cost me $60.00 per mile. I drove it 500 miles and it cost me $30,000 when I traded it on my new one.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,011 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
I cannot say anything regarding Huracan, but i know the estimate cost per mile for my Murcielago LP640. During 2018 i have driven my car only 3 miles. Meanwhile the expenses for service maintenance, car insurance, taxes and a new battery were about $6300. In a nutshell, the estimate cost per mile is $2100. What a stunned math.

·
Premium Member
Aventador Roadster SV, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,001 Posts
Question is too broad to really answer.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Question is too broad to really answer.
Correct - and as there are way too many variables involved (buy price / sell price / taxes / maintenance / newer / older / financing / opportunity cost loss / insurance / repairs etc).

Can be anything from $40+K for 0 miles driven (bought and traded same weekend) - to $0 for several thousand miles as long as bought and sold smart. I'm sure in certain instances money can also be made, but much more unlikely, especially on a Huracan.

·
Registered
Huracan Performante
1,054 Posts
damn I worked mine out around $ 60 per km in the first year.....this includes depreciation, running cost, insurances etc

I better go do some more work lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
$60 per km I think he meant $6. 4000 km would be $240k, which is the price of a loaded huracan 😂LOL. $6-$7 per mile is about right.

·
Registered
Huracan Performante
1,054 Posts
$60 per km I think he meant $6. 4000 km would be $240k, which is the price of a loaded huracan 😂LOL. $6-$7 per mile is about right.
Nope. I am working on the first year depreciation, insurances, servicing and ORC ( around $ 120K AUD ) and divided the kms I have done this year ( 2000kms )

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
A lot of money. Use that for budgetary purposes! ;)

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Varies wildly.

Some folks have made good profit on manual Gallardos and the car is completely free to own and run.

Other folks have taken a bath on the Huracan and lost tens of thousands.

For formal business, if you're operating a Huracan on a fleet, then the estimated running cost is around £3 / US$4 per mile for a 580-2, and £5 / US$7 per mile for a 640-4 HP.

Full details here:

https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/car-running-costs-calculator?Years=3&Miles=30000&CarType=&Manufacturer=lamborghini&Model=huracan&CO2From=&CO2To=&BIKPriceFrom=&BIKPriceTo=&SortBy=Manufacturer&SortDesc=False&FuelType=

·
Registered
35 Posts
The old saying if you have to ask you shouldn’t buy it. Never have I ever once calculated what it costs to own a Lamborghini and I don’t think anyone who needs to has the need to buy one. It’s simple if money is tight enough to have to worry your not ready.

·
Banned
139 Posts
cost per mile

Hi, I'm simply curious what you would estimate the cost per mile for a Lamborghini Huracan.

Doesn't have to be exact or anything.

Thanks!
The answer to that question is entirely circumstantial.

Russk quoted you on $60/mile, or $30,000 for 500 miles.

That is probably close to correct.

But (I believe) Russk buys new then trades up.

If you're buying new, there's depreciation automatically when you drive it off the lot.

Say you buy a 2016 Hurucan for $212,000. It's not going to depreciate $30,000 for one year of 500 miles. That kind of depreciation is typically only for new models. Obviously you'll have depreciation, but not to that extent.

It also depends on how long you own the car.

Google: "Huracan price trend," and click on the "CarGurus" link (should be the first link) to get a general idea of the depreciation.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The old saying if you have to ask you shouldn’t buy it. Never have I ever once calculated what it costs to own a Lamborghini and I don’t think anyone who needs to has the need to buy one. It’s simple if money is tight enough to have to worry your not ready.
That's a bit absurd of a correlation to draw in regards to someone assessing the actual costs of ownership. Since when does the ability to afford something equate to blowing money carelessly? I'm on track to enter the eight figure liquid asset realm by 2021 and I spent two weeks trying to shave down insurance premiums over $100 a month and wanted to know realistically what my ownership would cost me in a net loss after two years :confused:

·
Registered
35 Posts
That's a bit absurd of a correlation to draw in regards to someone assessing the actual costs of ownership. Since when does the ability to afford something equate to blowing money carelessly? I'm on track to enter the eight figure liquid asset realm by 2021 and I spent two weeks trying to shave down insurance premiums over $100 a month and wanted to know realistically what my ownership would cost me in a net loss after two years /vbforum/images_ltalk/smilies/confused.gif
I too will pinch pennies like the traxxas rc truck I bought the other day I search for a week to save $150. But the fact is that’s front end. Cost per mile is back end there’s no changing it or saving. All these cars are losses and most are less of a loss then a new Mercedes. I don’t know one person who can afford the car worry about the cost of ownership. Simply isn’t a thing when buying a 400-500k car. I also know hundreds of people that are “on track” to be worth 8 figures. That brings up another old saying about chickens........

1 - 20 of 21 Posts