Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Hey Mark,

Looks like the difference there is ALL lighting.
I've not seen one camera claim to be of superior color than another, only resolution. Sure the lens settings were the same on each shot?

I have #4 as a framed poster in my house.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Raymond. :)

Each camera was set to Auto. It might be time to read the manual on the Kodak (used to take the pic you liked), and start using some of the adjustable features.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Film, lighting, camera, action! Film type will play a big part in colour hues and saturation. I'm a Leica user (which are very true/unbiased/neutral cameras) and the film type plays a big difference.

If it's a digital camera - then it will be mostly lighting. My 'pearl' finish on the Murcielago was almost impossible to capture on film - very subtle tones...

·
Registered
568 Posts
Photograpghy is more than a good camera either digital or film.

Canon has a great SLR (Single Lense Reflex) system. With this system you can use the same lenses on their digital and film cameras so you have a real lense on a digital and you can use the lenses you already have for your still.

However, film, and camera setup play a large part in overall quality. The slower the film the smaller the cyrstals on the film and the better the picture, but the longer the shutter has to be open.

Lighting and F stop. The slower the film the more light you need. The lower the F stop the flatter the picture looks, but you can take the picture faster. The Higher the F stop the deeper the picture looks.

I use a Canon ELAN II (a little old now)
Sigma 28-70mm (4.0 flat F stop) for normal pictures

Once home from work I will post a link to a good basics of photography.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the input everyone. I use both a Pentax SLR and Kodak digital. I find myself reaching for the digital most times these days due to the ability to store and share easily.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts