Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will somebody explain what is going on bettween the two main lamborghini forums (this one and L-Power). It's very confusing for those of us away from the action to piece what is going on. What is the history, who are the major players and where are they now.

Confused!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
The other site seems to be trying to cause some trouble for LT.

I have no control over the actions of others.

All I can do is ignore most of it so that the Community doesn't become contaminated with some type of cross board agueing. I don't really see any point in being party to the negative energy of others or turning this board into a mud slingning contest..

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
It's hard for me to write at lenght because the phone keeps ringing from the team putting LT back in shape.

The long & short of the story is the site was sabatouged over night. Links broken, the system controls and functions destroyed, etc.

We are working extremly hard to undo the damage created.

Most of the site appears to be back up and running, although some data has been lost. Mostly questions from this morning about the site being dead. The site is not dead, nothing could be further from the truth. The attack was directed at me and the sabatour used you the Community as his weapon.

What was done here was the lowest of low ways to express anger or extract revenge. This is not the first time someone has gained leaverage and rhen turned around and tried to use that leverage to demand or extort from LT. It will be the last time however. I mistakenly placed my trust in the wrong people and have suffered the consequences.

As far as I'm aware no one else can hack the site and destroy it.

·
Banned
15 Posts
That may explain why some of my posts have been erased. Whatever the drama is or who started all this crap, I hope it stops soon. I just wanted to learn more about Lamborghinis.

Now all L-Talk ppl, GET BACK TO WORK! :whip:

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
flat12er said:
That may explain why some of my posts have been erased. Whatever the drama is or who started all this crap, I hope it stops soon. I just wanted to learn more about Lamborghinis.

Now all L-Talk ppl, GET BACK TO WORK! :whip:
yes some posts are lost....I don't believe alot though?

If anyone remembers what they posted the site is back up again, repost if you like.

From my end the crap IS dead. LT has been under attack for awhile now, I don't talk about it because imo it's pointless to subject the Community to crap. Who really cares about the newest bunch of BS??? LT got sucker punched and picked itself up and when this thread is dead I see no point in talking about what outsiders are doing or saying. I also want to spend my time here talking about & learning about Lamborghinis and the other stuff just doesn't interest me as a focous of discussion.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am really tired of hearing all this mud slinging as it just does nothing for me on finding out more information on cars that I like. What ever may have happened was due to the fact that too many egos existed. Why cant everyone just be a little more humble and treat others the same way that you expect to be treated. My suggestion is to stop all the banning and all the politics that existed and let this site be really what it is supposed to be, a site that allows people to enjoy their cars and openly discuss cars period. Nothing more, just cars. No egotistical comments or negative inputs. I got on this site because I enjoy the company of ALL fellow lamborghini enthusiast and have regretted to see some of them banned from the site. I feel that if everyone is more courteous with one another, then we wouldnt have all these things happen. I have never lashed out at anyone on this or any forum and have received helpful comments and input. Like the illustrious Mr. king (Rodney) " Cant we all just get along?" Bad thing is alot less input and information will be shared with the loss of some of these guys. Also, we the innocent bystanders get the short end of the stick. But, fortunately for me, I still can gather information as I have two 27 inch monitors hooked up to my computer and can observe both forums and pick out the information that most interests me. I just would need to spread my love to members here and abroad the internet divide... Anyways, just my 2 cents worth and hope that everyone understands that we the normal users just want peace in Lamborghini world.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
qvpower said:
What ever may have happened was due to the fact that too many egos existed. Why cant everyone just be a little more humble and treat others the same way that you expect to be treated. My suggestion is to stop all the banning and all the politics that existed and let this site be really what it is supposed to be, a site that allows people to enjoy their cars and openly discuss cars period. Nothing more, just cars. No egotistical comments or negative inputs. .

The only people ever banned from this site where those who absolutely refused to treat others with respect!!!! This is the most centered boatd I visit. 99% of all the members are the greatest people anyone would ever want to converse with or meet. You certianly can't think that the admin here can contril the vitirol of the 1%?????????? They have to make their pioson known before we know they are poisionous. This site only has about 6 banned people...and each of those recieved numerous requests to treat others with respect. At some point those who refuse to be nice to others are given a last chance...when they tell LT to go the hell, they'll rip & plunder as the feel, then the plug is pulled. The last thing in the world LT wants is to see people getting banned, or victimized by others, so I hope you realize that those being victimized here have rights also!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks JRV,

I understand completely. I just really regret how it had to come to this. That is all. I really enjoyed everyone's presence. If everyone just turned it back a notch on the hositility then everyone would still be enjoying each others company.... Just regretful about that. :(

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
QV,

tell me about it...I'm the one that gets blindsided with the hostility. I open a thread and wham riht up side the head !!! Believe me I know that type of goings on sucks more than anyone. I've come to accept certian facts, one that the overwhelming majority are great people, and two that eventually no matter how sunny it is the sky will fill with clouds temporarily eventually. On cloudy days I do everything I can to get the Community whole and back on track. I'm not Froed so please don't ask me why some people act the way they do ...I'm a mere mortal just trying to deal with situations as they arrise.

T

·
0 Posts
JRV, Raymond and all Lambo-Talk Staff...

Don't know what happened this AM but it seems to me that we were not all team players here. What a childish person takes out a personal vendetta and makes the membership suffer for it. Personally, I feel that we are all in this together, so an attack on one, pretty much attacks us all.

That being said, I'll be the first to come out and tell you how much I appreciate your efforts to build and maintain a community with such high standards. It seems to me that there were a few that did not want to meet those expectations, and I guess they have found their own level. Thankfully their personal character appears to be much lower than ours and we'll all be better off without them. I doubt they will be missed.

Anyways... Kudo's to you and your moderators for recovering so quickly from this attack and setting things right again.

Lets move on and put this behind us.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
JRV Keep up the good work. I have told you a couple times how much I appreciate the site and community!! We'll all get through it together!! Let's just move on and discuss the cars that we love.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
detour_racing said:
JRV Keep up the good work. I have told you a couple times how much I appreciate the site and community!! We'll all get through it together!! Let's just move on and discuss the cars that we love.

WOW..some good news in he face of potential diaster!!!! :)

First time I've been able to put a smiley face all day.
The sun is goin down here and it looks like the sabutouers have been put at bay and nutralized for the moment. I will only say that we were licky the sabatours didn't do more damage. The question has been asked why = money, power, gain. Destroy the old, gain from the afterrmath. The who & why should be obvious and not even deserving of further comment!

DT Racing, we've been moving on and becomong stronger from this first moment this speed bump popped up. :)

I feel that those trying to do damage to LT have shot thier load at this point....they tried mightily to destroy your community and failed. Please ask the destroyers why they destroyed your accounts if they were only mad at me...for this I have no answer. Other than to say if they destroyed "your account" they were attacking you...!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
New to all of this and you've just 'alerted the inert' in me (I have no idea about the rivalry, sabotage etc.?) But, I would like to say...

I think this forum is fab! The look, the feel, the helpfulness and friendliness of everyone involved, just makes you look forward to coming back.

Keep up the good work!
Andy

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
JRV I am glad to put a smile on your face especially at this point and time. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help the situation. Just remember....that which doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!!! WE AT LT DON'T DIE, THEREFORE WE CAN ONLY GET STRONGER!!!!

·
Banned
1 Posts
Webbo said:
New to all of this and you've just 'alerted the inert' in me (I have no idea about the rivalry, sabotage etc.?) But, I would like to say...

I think this forum is fab! The look, the feel, the helpfulness and friendliness of everyone involved, just makes you look forward to coming back.

Keep up the good work!
Andy
All compliments of look and feel and the site design need to go to Jay. It was his work. We're only hearing jrv's statments at this point. The full truth may never be known for sure. Something must have happened to get jay mad though. You just don't wake up one day and decide to destroy all your hard work.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
LJB said:
All compliments of look and feel and the site design need to go to Jay. It was his work. We're only hearing jrv's statments at this point. The full truth may never be known for sure. Something must have happened to get jay mad though. You just don't wake up one day and decide to destroy all your hard work.

oh my, joined 5 minutes ago with a years worth if insight?? wonder who you could be??, last nights sabotouer perhaps, feeling the need for a spin?

I'll play, who hacked and sabatagaged the site and why???

Personal Agendas perhaps or just for the good of the Community because they were a nice guy?????

Let's all hope our "friends" don't burn our houses down because they are trying to help us!!!

I'm your friend let me rape you really doesn't play that well to my thinking, can you explain???

1 - 20 of 45 Posts