Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm looking to do a spark plug and ignition coil change on my 2005 Gallardo. I did some reading on some previous threads and theres a bunch of info regarding a few different parts to use. I grabbed the NGK PFR7G-11S plugs and now am looking for what coils are currently best to use. I read that some people say the red NGK's and others saying the black NGK's are the updated ones. When I go to NGK's website and try to look up the Gallardo it doesn't show up for some reason. Only the Murci. To throw another wrench into the mix, a friend of mine with a G recommended me the following part which is from Bosch

Bosch Part Number: 0221604115
VW/Audi Part - 07K905715G / 06H905115B

Any help would be great and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
SL #7007
502 Posts
I 100% agree on OEM coils. You don’t hear of many early life failures with OEM’s. I’ve searched the forums before I changed mine out and several members bought some on Amazon. They appear to have no issues but I couldn’t find links to the ones they bought. I just don’t trust many Amazon parts for these cars….

·
Registered
315 Posts
Make sure you get the OEM coils from a trusted supplier. There was a defect in earlier year Gallardo coils that allowed water intrusion that would rust them out. I'm sure some of the coils replaced proactively have ended up in unscrupulous hands that will try to resell them back out into the market.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts