Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put down my deposit back in June/July for an evo rwd. Spoke to the GM of the dealership today and he said they hadn't gotten any huracan allocations this month, but I should be getting an allocation before the end of the year. I was just curious as to how long it took you guys to get your allocation from deposit as well as time to get the vehicle after submitting an order. I am not in a rush or anything, I just like having a general idea in my head.

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
My timeframe is similar to yours. Deposit at the very end of June. I was told that after July there are 3 people in front of me. August nobody got an allocation due to shut down. September they got one so now there are 2 people in front of me. If they get one more per month for the rest of the year then I get the December allocation. That written, you may have seen elsewhere that I'm indifferent on sport seats. So, I may be able to jump one or both people ahead of me if the restriction stays in place next month! Fingers crossed!!! As an aside, I get a sizable bonus in March so I straight up told my SA that I wanted it in March or shortly thereafter so the timing seems to be going fine for now.

·
Registered
144 Posts
@OP where are you located and what dealer?

My CA dealer is very transparent with me. They received 1 EVO allocation in June, 1 in July, 0 in August, 1 in September...so things have been at a trickle. I placed my order/deposit in June and did not get "my allocation" until that 1 in September. One thing I didn't know is allocations are model specific...i.e. Coupe and Spider have different allocations.

I heard Lamborghini's official direction to dealers is 10-11 months from "order to delivery" at this point...as with all things in 2021 that could always change for better or worse (supply chain, shut downs, etc.)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My timeframe is similar to yours. Deposit at the very end of June. I was told that after July there are 3 people in front of me. August nobody got an allocation due to shut down. September they got one so now there are 2 people in front of me. If they get one more per month for the rest of the year then I get the December allocation. That written, you may have seen elsewhere that I'm indifferent on sport seats. So, I may be able to jump one or both people ahead of me if the restriction stays in place next month! Fingers crossed!!! As an aside, I get a sizable bonus in March so I straight up told my SA that I wanted it in March or shortly thereafter so the timing seems to be going fine for now.
That would be great. Fingers crossed you get your car sooner rather than later!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@OP where are you located and what dealer?

My CA dealer is very transparent with me. They received 1 EVO allocation in June, 1 in July, 0 in August, 1 in September...so things have been at a trickle. I placed my order/deposit in June and did not get "my allocation" until that 1 in September. One thing I didn't know is allocations are model specific...i.e. Coupe and Spider have different allocations.

I heard Lamborghini's official direction to dealers is 10-11 months from "order to delivery" at this point...as with all things in 2021 that could always change for better or worse (supply chain, shut downs, etc.)
I'm working with Holman motorcars in St. Louis. The gentleman I'm working with is very nice, but there's not much news to go around.

0 in August makes sense with the factory closing down, but congrats on getting your allocation! Wow, 10-11 months. I was hoping to get my car by next spring, but at this point I am simply grateful to be getting one at all. Keep us updated!

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
I walked from my local dealer because they wouldn’t tell me how many were on the list to buy and had zero confidence in getting allocations. Well, plus their general communication was the worst I’ve experienced from any dealer in my many years of dealing with dealers!!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,523 Posts
Reading some of these posts it's just crazy. I wonder how much longer this insanity will prevail?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I put a deposit down two days ago for a Huracan EVO Spyder and have been told that I am first in line and will get the next Spyder allocation which will either be October or November. My SA also estimates it will be an early Summer 2022 delivery.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,523 Posts
What is bothering me more than a little bit is that some of this scarcity is in part fueled by speculators.

Reactions: Lambo Mike

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Reading some of these posts it's just crazy. I wonder how much longer this insanity will prevail?
As long as there are shortages and people are will inform to buy at whatever price…..and so it will continue.
Supply and demand dictate insanity levels

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,523 Posts
As long as there are shortages and people are will inform to buy at whatever price…..and so it will continue.
Supply and demand dictate insanity levels
I agree, supply and demand is at work but I also feel the world has changed and there is a touch of desperation that is almost palpable. The attitude is, with emphasis, not only, life is too short, but also, tomorrow is promised to no man.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree, supply and demand is at work but I also feel the world has changed and there is a touch of desperation that is almost palpable. The attitude is, with emphasis, not only, life is too short, but also, tomorrow is promised to no man.
GM told me they had just sold a huracan evo at 90k over sticker because people are so desperate and impatient. I am very much looking forward to my car, but I could never imagine paying over sticker, especially by that much. Weird times we live in.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,523 Posts
^^Agree, the decision to pay $90K over sticker for an EVO will eventually fill someone with more than a few regrets. I love the EVO, and I understand it's last of breed but the EVO is not exactly a limited edition flavor.

Reactions: Afk49

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Are lambo dealers now adding ADM to orders, I haven’t seen this yet?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,523 Posts
Are lambo dealers now adding ADM to orders, I haven’t seen this yet?
I can't remember the forum member that posted it but in essence he was told by his SA his allocation was the last allocation from said dealership at MSRP and then the dealership was looking at charging an ADM in the neighborhood of $30K. Hopefully, that member will read this post and comment.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Also, to be honest I don't understand how people are saying allocations are difficult to get. I walked into a dealership and was able to be first in line for an allocation no problem in NYC just this past week.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,523 Posts
Also, to be honest I don't understand how people are saying allocations are difficult to get. I walked into a dealership and was able to be first in line for an allocation no problem in NYC just this past week.
Well there are people having problems so, help people out and post he dealership and a POC at the dealership for those still searching.

Reactions: kotykb

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,523 Posts
I am first in line for a rwd Spyder at Manhattan motorcars. Check there guys. Work with Viviana, she is great.
Thanks I will pass that along to someone in need..............

Reactions: kotykb and TheLoLo
1 - 20 of 29 Posts