Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Thank you!

Not a significant difference in ownership. Mac’s are temperamental at times, build quality is not on par with Lamborghini fit and finish IMO, but the 720s and even the 675LT is noticeable faster than a Performante or Aventador S (I’ve not driven an SVJ). Huracan platform is nearly bullet proof, just so reliable of a car. I love them all. I had never owned a mid engine V8 Ferrari so after four straight Lamborghini’s I was dying to try one as it was just something new to me. Pista was the initial thought, but the premiums will erode as the factory is pumping them out. At $500K+ for a nice spec+premium its getting up there. I love the look, no question better than the 488 GTB, but for double the price I could not justify. I will wait for F8’s to get delivered, see what Lamborghini comes out with and go from there with that car. I don’t get the sound issue, straight pipe with a Capristo exhaust on my 488 and it’s louder than my Performante. Front end of the 488 seems super light, car feels roomy, power feels more progressive unlike the 720s where it is simply a surge of power after the slight lag. Performante is a phenomenal car, love it, but it is definitely not in the 720s league. As a brand Lamborghini is my favorite, but I love swapping between McLaren, Lamborghini, and Ferrari.
Good call on waiting for the F8. Has the Pista engine/720 hp and more suited as daily driver. Guess you could run straight pipes there too although curious about the sound with the GPF. Thanks for posting your objective ownership experience.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
The Continental are very nice cars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
we were in that house a short time before we moved--agree on the misery index of the garage! hesitated before attaching the picture, but only one i had 🙂

21 - 26 of 26 Posts