Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In addition to my 610-4. I have a G63 AMG and a Jeep Grand Cherokee to move around in discretely.

I'd like to add more cars to the stable over time but i'd like to have some variety with the types of cars. I am interested in a few different cars. I love the look of the 488 Pista. I owned a Panamera Turbo and at some point may get another. I like the F12 Berlinetta and 812 Superfast. The 911 Turbo S is also very intriguing.

What other cars do you alll have in your garage? What would you like to add?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Lotus Evora 400 which I'm finding more fun to drive than my 800hp Huracan and then Audi SQ5 for bad weather

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lotus Evora 400 which I'm finding more fun to drive than my 800hp Huracan and then Audi SQ5 for bad weather

How did you get 800 HP out of the Huracan? Is it super/turbo charged?

I never got into the Lotus brand. I know it feels like a go cart. That's awesome.

·
Registered
762 Posts
How did you get 800 HP out of the Huracan? Is it super/turbo charged?

I never got into the Lotus brand. I know it feels like a go cart. That's awesome.
Huracan is VF Supercharged. This is my first Lotus, was never into those hardcore little ones but the Evora 400 is much more like a regular car. Is comfortable and very fun to drive with it being a stick. Also have done tune, exhaust, decat and cold air intake and as I usually do added a bunch of carbon fiber to it

·
Registered
119 Posts
600LT is my current favorite although it's winter now and even with PS PA4 rubbers, it has a lot of trouble connecting to the road. I also have a ByDesign stage 4 911 turbo s that's always solid but it's definitely not as visceral of a driving experience as the 600LT. But with PA4's and the all wheel drive system of the turbo s, it always connects. Down piped and tuned Urus is also nice to have in the garage but the DP/tuned GLC63 is more fun to drive for me. Haven't had any Ferrari yet. Was also thinking about the Pista but I think I'll wait for the 765LT to come out instead.

·
Registered
266 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
See my signature.

·
Registered
595 Posts
You still flying at Langley? I am long retired (A7D, A-10, F4D, F16A) been with SWA for 32 years this coming may Who you driving Busses for?
Hi PHXDIABLO, I currently fly for Spirit Airlines, as you probably know we have the Airbus A-320 series aircraft. Use to fly the L-1011, B-757-200, -300 and the 737-800 at ATA Airlines. I have allot of friends at SWA from my TWA Express and ATA Airlines days. They all love it over there, great airline and I commute on you guys all the time.

The Raptor behind my Murcielago was at an airshow this past summer at SUS, southwest of STL and they were accommodating enough to let me park my Murcie in front of it and get some pics. Didn't get to fly them but thought it would be a good pic to post on this thread for fun.

Maybe I will see you on one of my SWA commutes. By the way, love the Diablo!!

·
Registered
77 Posts

I have a Lotus Evora S as my daily, and find it a great offset from my Huracans. Had a Vette before that, but the Lotus is more fun and go art feeling than any of them. Even though my 580-2 Huracan is actually about as light as the Lotus on paper, the Lotus feels much lighter. Mine is a pre-facelift, but I like the look. May move up to an Evora GT some day.

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Thank you.

Per the thread, daily an M5 and Range Rover.

Have a new 720s Spider that has replaced the 675LT Spider and 720s Coupe. Added a 488 GTB for now until the Performante Evo comes out or go with an F8. Cali T for the wife.
Now that's what I call a proper garage.

Curious how the ownership experience differs between McLaren, Ferrari and Lambo? Did you consider the Pista along with the F8?

I had a California and 458 Spider before the Huracan. Love both Italian marques but I passed on the 488 Spider on account of the stock sound and not being different enough for me compared to the 458. What's the 488 been like for you?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Now that's what I call a proper garage.

Curious how the ownership experience differs between McLaren, Ferrari and Lambo? Did you consider the Pista along with the F8?

I had a California and 458 Spider before the Huracan. Love both Italian marques but I passed on the 488 Spider on account of the stock sound and not being different enough for me compared to the 458. What's the 488 been like for you?
Thank you!

Not a significant difference in ownership. Mac’s are temperamental at times, build quality is not on par with Lamborghini fit and finish IMO, but the 720s and even the 675LT is noticeable faster than a Performante or Aventador S (I’ve not driven an SVJ). Huracan platform is nearly bullet proof, just so reliable of a car. I love them all. I had never owned a mid engine V8 Ferrari so after four straight Lamborghini’s I was dying to try one as it was just something new to me. Pista was the initial thought, but the premiums will erode as the factory is pumping them out. At $500K+ for a nice spec+premium its getting up there. I love the look, no question better than the 488 GTB, but for double the price I could not justify. I will wait for F8’s to get delivered, see what Lamborghini comes out with and go from there with that car. I don’t get the sound issue, straight pipe with a Capristo exhaust on my 488 and it’s louder than my Performante. Front end of the 488 seems super light, car feels roomy, power feels more progressive unlike the 720s where it is simply a surge of power after the slight lag. Performante is a phenomenal car, love it, but it is definitely not in the 720s league. As a brand Lamborghini is my favorite, but I love swapping between McLaren, Lamborghini, and Ferrari.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,220 Posts
Thank you.

Per the thread, daily an M5 and Range Rover.

Have a new 720s Spider that has replaced the 675LT Spider and 720s Coupe. Added a 488 GTB for now until the Performante Evo comes out or go with an F8. Cali T for the wife.
Do you think that there will be a EP (EVO Performante)?
If I thought that there was even a chance of that I would hold off on ordering my 2021 EVO.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts