Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hose and a hose reel in the garage (see pic) and when I wash the cars I pull them oustide. This hose reel / hose always leaks no matter what. There has to be a much better setup? what do you guys use in your garages?

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have a hose and a hose reel in the garage (see pic) and when I wash the cars I pull them oustide. This hose reel / hose always leaks no matter what. There has to be a much better setup? what do you guys use in your garages?

I have a lightweight expandable hose in the garage and just wrap it up manually when done. It’s a heavier duty one though. I’ve tried the green “pocket hose”, but it sucked and burst within a year of use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have a tap in the garage, but don’t use it. Instead I use the tap in the back garden.

However, I have been thinking about extending off the garage tap to make a new tap that’s positioned on the outside of the garage, for easier access and no dripping of water inside the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea need to be able to use the one in the garage :(

·
Registered
212 Posts
I use similar set up...garden roll up hose reel.
When new, mine did not leak...it's age if over a decade now..but now yes it leaks.

On mine, I can see rust on the reels metal fittings. I assume you checked conditioned of plumbing rubber washers - reel to hose end.

Sadly I have no proven lead for you on a "leak proof" reel brand.
Maybe Griots Garage?
Good luck...I find these roll up hose reels a great tool to use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts