Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone :) I've always wanted to go to a very wealthy area and knock on peoples doors asking what they do for a living. Then I realized most people have big gates. Well why not ask this forum, those who do own an expensive car, what do you do for a living to afford such luxuries?

I'm 19 and do not know too much business etiquette yet, so I apologize if this is a question which should not be asked. I plan to go into insurance and eventually purchase a lambo :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Fambroziak,

First and foremost, welcome to the forum!

It's always nice to see new enthusiasts coming along and joining in.

There are lots of great people on here that have even greater things to say. There's a plethora of knowledge to be soaked up here.

One lesson that you will learn, and hopefully you'll learn it sooner rather than later, a Lamborghini, or any other "supercar" for that matter is not something that you should centre your whole life around working to purchase.

As cheesy as it sounds, go into a job that you love.

Working countless hours a week in a job you despise is not and will never be worth being able to drive a Lamborghini for a few hours a week maximum, in my opinion.

Do a job you love, and you will work harder, be happier and be much more likely to succeed.

In terms of what jobs can allow you to be in an economic position strong enough to purchase a Lamborghini - the list is literally endless.

You can make millions or billions in almost industry.

Obviously, jobs that come to mind initially are things like doctors, lawyers, engineers, accountants, stock brokers, investment bankers etc.

The reality is, there are lots of different jobs that you can make enough money in. "There are people who have "cleaned up" (excuse the pun) in the cleaning industry".

Like another member on this forum once said: "Buying a Lamborghini is not success. Buying a Lamborghini is a by-product of being successful."

Maybe this isn't the answer you were looking for, so I apologise. I think my response is relevant, though.

From a fellow 17 year old enthusiast.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Adding to what Verde said, think outside the box. Also, start early. I'm making youtube videos. But it takes a lot of time to make a ton of money from it so I'm just aiming to be able to make a few hundred and later on a few thousand a month. And hopefully it'll just keep on growing.

I've also bought some stocks. I also thought about Forex but it is risky as hell and most people lose money there so I'm staying well away from it.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,471 Posts
What Verde said! Spoken like a gentleman. This young man continues to impress me, and I have NO doubt of his success.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
You guys are right about the car being a by-product of success, and I will keep that in mind, but you guys are defiantly making me want it more. :) Clearly Lambo owners are different then the majority and it really shows. The car is a symbol of that, which is why I want it!

I really like the respect this forum holds and I can see it was a great idea joining it. I am looking forward to future talks and excited to get to know everyone. :)

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I'm totally busted :D

THANKS Dave!

(you forgot to mention why my interior is "blood red" and what it reminds me of...):eek::eek::eek:

I've put in paperwork to have my color scheme re-named "Polar White" (instead of balloon white). What do you think? But it MUST have the bright red interior to be POLAR WHITE...

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,471 Posts
Carol you are full of surprises!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Adding to what Verde said, think outside the box. Also, start early. I'm making youtube videos. But it takes a lot of time to make a ton of money from it so I'm just aiming to be able to make a few hundred and later on a few thousand a month. And hopefully it'll just keep on growing.
Let me know when you get some up, I'll watch them and let my buddies know so you can get some views!! :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Russ and Icewarrior,

Thank you for the kind words, gentlemen. You're both far too kind. Its humbling to be held in such high esteem amongst the members of a Lamborghini forum even though I don't own a Lamborghini.

Although, I do suppose we are all brought together by our mutual love for these vehicles.

While I am absolutely infatuated with these cars, I can't see myself purchasing one anywhere in the foreseeable future.

That's alright for a few reasons. 1) I'm 17. 2) I have lots of other goals and 3) It's a lot if money to spend on what is generally a depreciating asset (especially in Australia!).

With that said, I'm quite happy observing you fine people enjoying the fruits of your labor and watching videos of them.

I'll make this promise to everyone here though: I WILL own a Lamborghini so long as I am alive and healthy. It may not be an expensive one (hopefully it will be multiple expensive ones) but it will be a Lamborghini.

Verde, over and out :)

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Has anyone here heard of the law of attraction? Did you guys see yourselves in a lambo when you were young?? Let me know, curious to find out! :)
It never even crossed my mind until the summer of 2010 when I got my first ride. My track driving coach owns two and took me for a ride and allowed me to drive it on track. He had to insist - I was afraid to drive such an expensive car on track (that didn't belong to me). I was instantly hooked.

I certainly remember the Countach from Cannonball Run, and the posters. I never had a poster but I remember seeing them. But it wasn't even on my "radar" until recently (from your perspective it would be considered late in life since I'm over 50)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Russ and Icewarrior,

Thank you for the kind words, gentlemen. You're both far too kind. Its humbling to be held in such high esteem amongst the members of a Lamborghini forum even though I don't own a Lamborghini.

Although, I do suppose we are all brought together by our mutual love for these vehicles.

While I am absolutely infatuated with these cars, I can't see myself purchasing one anywhere in the foreseeable future.

That's alright for a few reasons. 1) I'm 17. 2) I have lots of other goals and 3) It's a lot if money to spend on what is generally a depreciating asset (especially in Australia!).

With that said, I'm quite happy observing you fine people enjoying the fruits of your labor and watching videos of them.

I'll make this promise to everyone here though: I WILL own a Lamborghini so long as I am alive and healthy. It may not be an expensive one (hopefully it will be multiple expensive ones) but it will be a Lamborghini.

I'm only a few years older than you are, and you sound a lot like me in many ways. You'll get there faster than you think if you have the burning drive. Watching thousands of youtube videos about Lambo's only increased my desire to buy one :p

Has anyone here heard of the law of attraction? Did you guys see yourselves in a lambo when you were young?? Let me know, curious to find out! :)
Yup, mom took me when I was about 10 or so to the Ferrari dealer. That was my first upclose view of an exotic car and I was hooked ever since.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Russ and Icewarrior,

Thy areth welcome

1 - 20 of 67 Posts