Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wassup guys.. Im a 19 year old with some high ambitions. Just out of curiosity what do you guys do for work? Do many of you own a business? Im going to school for a business major. Im just looking for a few good words of advice or someone I can model after. Truly -jeff

·
Registered
170 Posts
Well Im not as rich as the Lambo owners on here but I am doing very well for my age so I thought Id share my story.

I went to school to be a Networking Technician. It was only an Associates degree. Then I got a job then I went back and got my Bachleors and then they payed me a lot more after that.

Now I have everything I want except a wife and kids (still young though). My house is close to being payed for and I have a 2000 Camaro SS with built 436 stroker with a 94mm turbo going on it right now. So I should be in the 700-900whp range.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I am just 19 as well and in the works of becoming a Chef. My plan is to open my own restaurant some day and of course own a lambo :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
tatearinemup said:
what do you guys do for work?
Work hard...sleep in the plane...and work hard again :p ...
But once you have..let's say..achieved the basics, all you need to buy a Lamborghini, is courage ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey FutureFBodyOwner,
I have a 2000 SS too. It doesn't have a 436 or turbo, but I love it. Overall I decided not to mod it because so much of my money would go straight into it and that probably isn't the best thing for me right now. Anyways, just thought I would share.
MW

·
Registered
148 Posts
Work work and more work is the key, I held the record for most hours worked in a week at my first job. Seriously tho, if you want a lambo, start saving, get smart with your spending and be patient. I bought my first at 29 and have had my own company for 6 years. I will never forget the day I collected my first Lambo - Awesome !

·
Registered
170 Posts
Given To Fly said:
Hey FutureFBodyOwner,
I have a 2000 SS too. It doesn't have a 436 or turbo, but I love it. Overall I decided not to mod it because so much of my money would go straight into it and that probably isn't the best thing for me right now. Anyways, just thought I would share.
MW
yea its best to wait until you have the money. Thats what I did and now I have the fastest car in town (to my knowledge).

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just find a career that makes you happy and everything else will fall into place :cool: ;) :D

Don't get sidetracked by material possessions because they are much more important things in life....

·
Registered
148 Posts
tatearinemup said:
hey morphdj... what business were you in to?
Well I dont want to advertise :p (so will leave the Web URL out) but I own a large Media / Mail order company. We were also the first to crack the PS2 in the world a few years ago, although Sony werent to happy with us :-/ but it certaintly got me started on the fame and fortune ladder. We released a Modchip to allow it to play any region DVD and any region game (ie a UK PS2 would then play a US game). The "side effect" of this was it also allowed copy / pirated games, hence why Sony tried to sue......

·
Registered
23 Posts
I worked hard at several jobs, got into the car business, worked my a** off and dedicated myself to the job. Then people started calling me asking me to come to work for them.... Then one day the Lamborghini dealership called me and asked me if I would come to work for them. A dream come true since I was a teenager, I started as the Service Director and have moved over into sales. A true dream come true all because I worked hard and dedicated myself to my employers! No magic formula man...just hard work. Good luck in your endeavors. :wave:

·
Registered
170 Posts
billabong said:
im 19, want to be a firefighter......
i hope 60 k a year is enough to buy a lambo in the near future
I dont think it would be, unless you want a older one that you can buy for 40 or so. You might be able to swing it for a Mucie or Diablo but you have to figure you wont take home all of that 60gs and you have other stuff to pay for.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Im 18 and I work at Bellevue Oldsmobile Cadillac and I'm going to Bellevue Community College in the fall studying just the General Studies for now. In the near future I will be entering the world of Real Estate. I have a 1992 Ford Explorer right now, nothing special, but I will have my dream car, a Diablo SV Roadster, some time in the my life, i know it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
tatearinemup said:
Wassup guys.. Im a 19 year old with some high ambitions. Just out of curiosity what do you guys do for work? Do many of you own a business? Im going to school for a business major. Im just looking for a few good words of advice or someone I can model after. Truly -jeff
Hey tatearinemup,

I am 19 years of age, started investing in HYIP (high yeild investments) (still do) with companies who did all the work for me. (Average about 200% profit per month)

I find it funny, because 11% profit annually is a big thing to most people. (no disrespect intended)

But these HYIP are not stable, and I have not lost money yet due to my style, a little bit of luck, and due diligence.

Dabbling with doing FOREX trading on my own..

Studying up intensely on real estate. (definitely want to put Money into something Physical and safe)

I also have a business I want to open up in 2 years. One is online, one is physical. Once this takes off, I will be the leading person in both of these niches if everything goes according to plan!!

P.S: A good thing to aim for is Passive Income. Basically getting paid while you sleep. I worked a part time job at first to get the ball rolling on short term investments. While my friends make $1000 at most per month, also unsure with what they want to do after college.. (sad thing is, I won't help them-- I.E> Selfish)

·
Registered
584 Posts
I never had a regular job (except at McDonalds at age 16) to pay for my car and insurance.

I've always had my own company, lawn service, then a chain of bicycle shops in Hawaii, then this, then that, etc. Some did well but I had a few that nearly failed. I learned from my failures and forged on.

When I was 30 I started my last company. I soon became the biggest in the country at what I did. 10 years later I sold the company to Fed-Ex and retired on my 40th birthday. The sale had terms of a one time payment, follwed by a weekly royalty check for the rest of my life (the sale included a copyright). I used the upfront payment to pay off my house, cars, boat, etc.

Only adivce I can give you is find something and stay focused. It has been said genius is the ability to stay focused. We get distracted of our goals and take our eye off the ball...stay focused, believe in yourself, stay away from the ney sayers.

When I sold the last company, the only thing I took with me was a framed poster that read:

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exsist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough."
Sir Henry Royce
co-founder Rolls-Royce

1 - 19 of 19 Posts