Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I am new here and I am looking for a new toy ;-)
I am from Germany and found this place right now :)

So as I plan to buy my first Lambo (not finally decided which model), I'm wondering if you guys could help me to make a better decision

It would be really helpful to me to get the following questions around your Lambo and the experience you made, answered.

1) What has cost you the most in terms of time, nerves and probably money BEFORE you bought your baby?

2) What AFTER you bought it, except of Fuel :evil:

3) How Long did you have to search till you got exactly what you wanted?
What was the main reason for the long search?

4) How much are you satisfied with the service of your dealer? What makes it a good Service to you?

5) Did you bought from a Dealer or a pre-owned car from a private Person? What was the reason?

6) If you already needed spare-parts: How satisfied are you in terms of availability? Do you get them easy?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers
Stefan

·
Registered
258 Posts
In regards to title, what bugs you the most :

Not enough mod support from after market community.

I like spinning wrenches. Installing my kenne bell S/C on my gt500 in my garage over a weekend was so much fun. Nobody makes 'kits', it's all ship your car here or there for twin turbo install. UGR/Heffner/etc all are amazing and do great work, but I wish one of them would make a kit. Even if it was less power, some of us like to drink beer and spin wrenches in the garage for fun.

The parts that are available are mostly cosmetic, carbon fiber ****, or 5hp mods (filter/exhaust/tune).

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
No relatively "cheap" way to make the car noticeably faster.
Short of TT'ing them there's nothing you can do other than an exhaust and a tune and they give you peanuts.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
looking for the right car and making sure the deal isn't a scam is always exciting and nerve wrecking at the same time

after the deal, you will find issues with the car. i have never bought a perfect used car. heck, even new cars have issues right?

maintenance and repair costs can add up if you don't DIY. it's a bit more than the cost though. there aren't many dealers around and a good portion of them are rip offs unfortunately. getting ripped off is sometimes viewed as part of the exotic ownership experience. i beg to differ though. so, before you buy, ask what other owners do for repairs in your area.

i worked with a local dealer for a while but bought through the forum with a 3rd party seller since dealer wasn't able to find the car i wanted after 2-3 months. it turned out great as i have full service papers, know the prior owner as a friend, and got a good deal. i had specific color requirements. the way i see, you don't buy lambo everyday and i don't plan on selling it so it should be the color i want. you do have to research on the seller, whether it is a dealer or private seller, for their reputation. if you have doubts, go through roy cats from cats exotics to handling the transaction. if buying a car sold on the forum, research the seller for past issues, etc.

gallardo and murci parts are easily available in both new and used. that has never been a problem for me. ebay and glen at amh parts are my go-to sources.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,017 Posts
The lack of attention! Lol
Actually the inevitable wrinkles in the drivers side bolster.
I break my neck getting in and out just so I don't compress the bolster and it still doesn't do any good.

·
Registered
349 Posts
No cup holder. :(

·
Registered
259 Posts
I break my neck getting in and out just so I don't compress the bolster and it still doesn't do any good.
Agree with the seat comment Russ! I try to do the same, no luck..

The only button I would have liked on the steering wheel is one to answer the telephone. By the time I have heard the phone (not always that easy with the noise of the engine / exhaust) I've missed the call.. Not that it worries me too much, as it would take your mind off the drive!

·
Registered
541 Posts
No seat coolers!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Don't even worry about it Russk, 40k miles after I purchased my car with daily driving it in winter jackets to swim trunks my bolsters have the same tiny creases as when I bought the car. They probably form in the first few thousand miles, or maybe my previous owner was really fat?

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,017 Posts
Don't even worry about it Russk, 40k miles after I purchased my car with daily driving it in winter jackets to swim trunks my bolsters have the same tiny creases as when I bought the car. They probably form in the first few thousand miles, or maybe my previous owner was really fat?
Thanks, good to know!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
"What bugs me the most with my Lambo" is guys with their first post on this website asking me what bugs me the most with my Lambo. :evil:

The rest is fine :). Good luck with finding your dream car.

·
Registered
852 Posts
due to the limited number of cars produced ... the lack of good maintenance DIY manuals for the car. the best resource you can find is lamboweb .... but it still doesnt replace a good ol coloured manual with pictures.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Biggest gripes - inaccurate speedometer, white dials only factory on the SL's (hard to see instruments in shady conditions without turning on lights), cats in the headers for the LP models (no flames for you :( )

How long did it take me to decide on the car I wanted, about a month - downside was it took 5 months to build it :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
Biggest gripes - inaccurate speedometer, white dials only factory on the SL's (hard to see instruments in shady conditions without turning on lights), cats in the headers for the LP models (no flames for you :( )

How long did it take me to decide on the car I wanted, about a month - downside was it took 5 months to build it :D
Your lucky, mine took 7 months!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
No cup holder, small storage spaces, no cruise control and dealers/service providers that totally void of "Customer service".

·
Registered
749 Posts
Probably my only real complaint, besides how all Lamborghinis are made for little people, is that the factory seats absolutely kill me, They look nice, but there's zero lumbar support....... although to be honest, if they did, it would probably be in the wrong place for me anyway..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Wow no cup holders or steering wheel buttons. Now I'm starting to have buyers remorse! :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
The relative small HP output seemed out of place in such a radical, beautiful supercar. I did fix that problem but suffered a sucking chest wound in my bank account.

The only other nit I could come up with was the Lamborghini logo on the door sill. It was faded and worn. Replaced both with carbon fiber plates. Now the car is perfect.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts