Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Does anything look better/sound better than the AV on the market now? As soon as they take away "the sound" - they take away "the soul". Sure you might go faster but 99.9% of the time these cars are used they are on roads i.e. with speed restrictions.
I believe the AV in 10 years time will be iconic like the Countach (and a relative price to match)
I wonder which V12 in the Lambo range will be "the car" in 10 years time?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Does anything look better/sound better than the AV on the market now? As soon as they take away "the sound" - they take away "the soul". Sure you might go faster but 99.9% of the time these cars are used they are on roads i.e. with speed restrictions.
I believe the AV in 10 years time will be iconic like the Countach (and a relative price to match)
I wonder which V12 in the Lambo range will be "the car" in 10 years time?
I also don't want fake engine sounds if they try to do that...

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,861 Posts
I have no objection to electric assist to the V10 or V12, but beyond that you can count me out.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,546 Posts
Will pass and either do preowned or find a new hobby. When things change you can change with them or blaze a new trail.

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,673 Posts
I'm really excited about driving a Lamborghini with fake sound pumped through the speakers.

·
Registered
213 Posts
EV and Lamborghini just don't go together. But the people behind the cars certainly know this, so I'm curious to see how they'll make the compromise.

That said, we're the hobbyists.. I imagine most buyers are probably in it for the price and status, right? I wonder if they will care as well.

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
EV and Lamborghini just don't go together. But the people behind the cars certainly know this, so I'm curious to see how they'll make the compromise.

That said, we're the hobbyists.. I imagine most buyers are probably in it for the price and status, right? I wonder if they will care as well.
As a new generations come of age and adopt the hobby they will probably just accept it as business usual or just the way things are. Yet, those that have had experience with the sound of the sublime NA engine symphony are not going to be so as accepting but, alas, it's inexorable.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
I am on the unpopular side of this...

Ive never heard anyone recount their first exposure to Lamborghini with “I heard this glorious noise.” It’s usually the overwhelm of their visual cortex that draws them in and holds them there in disbelief that something so beautiful exists. If their first exposure was a picture or movie, the experience repeats during their first exposure IRL.

Only people already with the automotive hobby disease pay attention to the sound. It is an acquired taste, like coffee, whiskey, or beer. Some become addicted or connoisseurs. Almost every non car person who sits in my lambo asks “is the engine supposed to do that” upon hearing the first downshift.

V10 and V12s rev like nothing else most people will ever drive, and the noise is certainly part of the current experience, but it won’t be replaced with nothing... the instantaneous torque of electric, increased acceleration (and overall performance?) and the silent roller coasterness. Also amazing to behold.

Unfortunately we lose the need to shift. But my biggest concern is that Lambo will need to figure out Sensorum.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I love everything about my Huracan however the thing that makes me giggle like a kid is when I hear the crackles and pops. What's the saying? Smiles for miles 😁😁😁

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
The sound is absolutely a part of the current experience, and I haven’t heard a street car that sounds better. Nor do I wish Lamborghini intentionally decrease the decibels.
Always a butt, and here it is... But a significant part of the experience is performance, and as super/hyper cars are rapidly approaching 0-60 times of 1 second, electrification is probably a natural part of that evolution.

As I mentioned, Lamborghini engines rev amazingly fast and sound incredible, but electric motors don’t need to rev at all. And there is a coolness to the quiet factor. I’m excited for the future. I do hope Lamborghini survives

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,861 Posts
For me it is all about the sound. I could care less about 0-60 under 2 sec if there is no exhaust note.

·
Registered
469 Posts
For me it is all about the sound. I could care less about 0-60 under 2 sec if there is no exhaust note.
Agree 100% - who drives on a road and tries to get o - 60 in under 3 seconds all day long - I reckon electric cars will kill more pedestrians because you can't hear them. NO ONE can say they can't hear a Lambo coming - even deaf people can "feel" the ground shake!

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
:giggle: The five stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. I suspect on this continuum we all fall in a different stage, at least for the time being, but ultimately we will all arrive at acceptance. Clearly, @Murciful has worked his way to the final stage, acceptance, much quicker than most of us.
Though, if acceptance is not in your lexicon then preowned/preloved would be my recommendation. No matter what our opinions the die has been cast and the Lamborghini we knew is no longer, for it is soon to undergo a metamorphosis.

Repost:
I reflected some more on the planned electrification and I recalled my foray into the sports car world and I will relate my experience because it may be of value to some forum members and speaks directly to the concept of accepting change i.e., the Lamborghini planned evolution.
In 2017 we thought the sports car hobby could be fun so we decided to test drive a Porsche Cayman and at the time it was the 6-Cylinder NA engine variant. We drove it and although the engine sound was very decent my wife and I were about to leave the Porsche dealership never to return, and we would have concluded both Porsche and the Porsche Cayman were boring. Turns out the 6-Cylinder Cayman had disappointing low-end torque and was for us, at least, joyless to drive. As we were leaving the Porsche dealership the SA said he just got in a new 718 Cayman and would we like to test drive it. I am sure you all know the 718 Cayman is a turbo 4-Cylinder so not knowing enough to be bothered by that revelation we test drove it and we were absolutely hooked. The low-end torque was exhilarating and it completely changed our opinion about sports cars and about Porsche Cayman……i.e. we had to have one!
Now I know at the time of the introduction of the 4-Cylinder turbo Cayman to replace the 6-Cylinder NA variant was portrayed as the death knell of the Cayman and Porsche, not unlike our current gloom and dooming over Lamborghini’s intended electrification.
Therefore, some of us diehards may find that change also brings worthwhile improvements. Hang in there brethren, and two things, it’s too early to tell whether it's good, bad or ugly, and this too shall pass.

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
352 Posts
This story should end with the fact that Porsche brought the NA 6 cylinder Boxster and Cayman back (718 GTS 4.0) after customers fled the 718 4 cylinders. But the current situation is different.

·
Premium Member
6,546 Posts
This story should end with the fact that Porsche brought the NA 6 cylinder Boxster and Cayman back (718 GTS 4.0) after customers fled the 718 4 cylinders. But the current situation is different.
Good point but with the current worldwide trend toward electrification plus the vilification of fossil fuel I think this evolution is unstoppable. We shall see......

1 - 20 of 41 Posts