Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Definitely new here and this is my intro post, WOOT!

I have ALWAYS been a car guy. Since I was a kid, I set my goals in the form of cars. The rest just fell in line. Not that I always wanted the car but my thought process is, if I can afford that car (insert overthought vehicle of the year here), I would be pretty damn comfortable everywhere else.

I’m a Ferrari guy at heart, mostly due to purity and unadulterated/corporate business model of maintaining legacy through the years.

Last year, I bought my first exotic toy, a 991 Turbo S - which I love - and after a few months businesses started to really take off and I was playing with the idea of another exotic - a Ferrari (F12 to be exact). I figured I was about another year out or so, I needed a bigger house, garage space, etc....

Then, we (my wife and I) take a little road rally up in the mountains where she fell in love with the Huracan and basically threatened my children and overall lifestyle on getting a Huracan over an F12 (joking of course, she absolutely loves them).

oving forward, I found this 610-4 on Pcarmarket last week and tossed a bid in just for fun to see what happens, took a screenshot and sent it to the wife. She pushed a little and we wound up winning it today! Not at all how I expected my Wednesday to go.

So, without garage space for it, no financing, I guess I’m going out to Austin on Friday to do a cash deal on it.

This will be the first car I’m paying cash for because I certainly can’t line up financing on another $150k+ on a car and expect to get another mortgage within 24 months - YOLO I guess.

anyways, glad to be here, for those curious, the car auctioned up to $184k plus $5k buyer fee (I learned of this after the purchase) and brings the total to $189k for a 2015 610 with 5k miles on it.

Not too shabby!

any thoughts as to a good wheel setup? Want to get rid of the fender gap.

After that, a tune and exhaust - would love to hear some suggestions!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hello all,

Definitely new here and this is my intro post, WOOT!

I have ALWAYS been a car guy. Since I was a kid, I set my goals in the form of cars. The rest just fell in line. Not that I always wanted the car but my thought process is, if I can afford that car (insert overthought vehicle of the year here), I would be pretty damn comfortable everywhere else.

I’m a Ferrari guy at heart, mostly due to purity and unadulterated/corporate business model of maintaining legacy through the years.

Last year, I bought my first exotic toy, a 991 Turbo S - which I love - and after a few months businesses started to really take off and I was playing with the idea of another exotic - a Ferrari (F12 to be exact). I figured I was about another year out or so, I needed a bigger house, garage space, etc....

Then, we (my wife and I) take a little road rally up in the mountains where she fell in love with the Huracan and basically threatened my children and overall lifestyle on getting a Huracan over an F12 (joking of course, she absolutely loves them).

oving forward, I found this 610-4 on Pcarmarket last week and tossed a bid in just for fun to see what happens, took a screenshot and sent it to the wife. She pushed a little and we wound up winning it today! Not at all how I expected my Wednesday to go.

So, without garage space for it, no financing, I guess I’m going out to Austin on Friday to do a cash deal on it.

This will be the first car I’m paying cash for because I certainly can’t line up financing on another $150k+ on a car and expect to get another mortgage within 24 months - YOLO I guess.

anyways, glad to be here, for those curious, the car auctioned up to $184k plus $5k buyer fee (I learned of this after the purchase) and brings the total to $189k for a 2015 610 with 5k miles on it.

Not too shabby!

any thoughts as to a good wheel setup? Want to get rid of the fender gap.
After that, a tune and exhaust - would love to hear some suggestions!
Congrats! Any pics?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,848 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new ride. I was a Ferrari guy most of my life and then in 2008 I had an affair with a Lamborghini, need I say more!

Reactions: Bitluxkyle

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,040 Posts
Congratulations on your “new” Huracan. Great Sports car!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!!

The owner just called me and said he didn't do any up the upkeep on the battery - so it died and is now throwing codes...

Its sitting at Lamborghini Austin currently awaiting service, but if the car uses VAGCOM or can simply be reset with OBD-II it's probably worth my while to just go get a new battery elsewhere.

My time is tight and have to pick it up tomorrow, otherwise seller and myself are out of sync for a few weeks...

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,040 Posts
Sorry to hear that.......two words going forward Battery Tender. I always hook all my sports cars up to the battery tender after each ride it's quick and easy. Does the Huracan have a pigtail installed in the frunk?

·
Premium Member
15,848 Posts
I had that color interior in my 2016 and at first I wasn't sure about it, but ended up loving it. It looks especially good with your color. Mine was Blu Lemans.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry to hear that.......two words going forward Battery Tender. I always hook all my sports cars up to the battery tender after each ride it's quick and easy. Does the Huracan have a pigtail installed in the frunk?

You know, I'm not sure what that is - not sure the seller would know either :p No photos of the frunk

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,040 Posts
You know, I'm not sure what that is - not sure the seller would know either :p No photos of the frunk
The dealership can hook a pigtail on the battery. Basically it's a wire that comes off the battery that you can quick connect and disconnect the battery tender too. When the tender is hooked up you can even close the frunk lid and the wire fits in the panel gaps (last photo).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Is that Grigio Titans exterior? Looks hot. Should be easy to sort the battery issue out good luck.

Like Albert, I have the piggytail tender in the frunk. Drive my H regularly so I don't use it. Lambo battery more robust than Ferrari in my experience.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well!! I guess god didn’t want me to have this car...

I got to the dealership this morning and the tech told me the worst thing I could imagine.

it seems rodents had gotten into it and chewed some wires. After fixing the battery, the parking brake wouldn’t engage, front sensors wouldn’t work, front axel lift was inoperable, and airbag lights were constant.

we went back and forth for a bit but decided it’s not in condition to put $180k+ of faith into a quick fix.

while I was there, at Lamborghini Austin, they had another yellow 610 that I took out, but they were adamant on their pricing. They had it listed, non CPO, 197k with 4K miles, I was ready to wire $185k - but they gave me the generous offer of $195k.
This one, they couldn’t CPO as the previous owner had done work to it that they couldn’t verify and the seat was noticeably worn in (heavy creasing on the bolsters and wear marks on the hip bolsters) so I have a suspicion that the miles were rolled back. Which is OK, but not at $195k.

Never the less, i made a few phone calls, found a 610 for sale in my friends circle with a full vorsteiner kit on it, alcantara interior, race exhaust, and suspension for $180k (11,000 miles)

so, I’m on a plane to go get it now 🤣

·
Premium Member
15,848 Posts
Thats A beauty. It was a good thing you didn’t get the first one, maybe this was just meant to be!

Reactions: Bitluxkyle

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,040 Posts
Smart. Run don't walk away from that deal. FYI, Austin Lamborghini dealership and Texas dealerships are generally overpriced and although I am 20 minutes from the dealership I purchased two Lamborghinis from Charlotte Lamborghini over a 5 month period. FYI, the Dallas dealership wasn't any better.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,040 Posts
One other thing get a PPI to assure everything is okay.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Congrats. Glad to see you crossed over from the dark side (I mean F side) I started with a Ferrari also. Lambo owners are a great bunch. Really fine people. The group here on Lambo talk are some of the nicest people I have ever dealt with. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,040 Posts
@Bitluxkyle did you make the deal? Just a friendly reminder don't punt on doing a PPI............good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@Bitluxkyle did you make the deal? Just a friendly reminder don't punt on doing a PPI............good luck!
I punted on doing a PPI before I left!

but the owner (or previous) is a very close friend of a very close friend - I was assured that if any issue exists he’ll cover it.

must be nice to be rich 🤣

put a few miles on it yesterday, having atire looked at for a leak now, then down to Florida.

it is lowered so there is wheel travel when turning sharply, which was normal across my other lowered AWD cars - but regardless something I’m having someone check out.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts