Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the opportunity to weigh my Superleggera this weekend on a Cat scale. I had just over 1/2 tank of fuel 3 extra quarts of oil and a couple other misc items in the cabin; phone, chargers, jacket. Nothing crazy.

Running LOC Rev 5 exhaust and cat delete, with renowned front carbon bumper and an SV style wing.

I was surprised to see her weigh in at 3340lbs. I really thought with the exhaust and cat delete it was going to be closer to 3000lbs. I’ll try again sometime and try and come in on fumes and remove any other junk.

What are the rest of you guys seeing?

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Realistic weight is the car with full fluids and gas. That would be about 3,420?
With a full tank of fuel, factory exhaust and cats, that would put your car at around 3,480?

FYI, The factory dry weights are not always accurate. For example the LP550-2 weight is listed for the LP560-2. The LP560-2 is a much lighter car then the LP550-2 with the factory upgrades. The LP560-2 is as light or lighter than the SL factory to factory stock. The LP550-2 is not far behind the SL either.

·
Registered
SL #7007
135 Posts
Damn, I wish that would be light too.... My SL has the radio delete so my car weight should be down to the 3k lbs range right..... JK........

·
Registered
807 Posts
My 04 with aftermarket exhaust and is now 2wd weighs 3330 with 5/8 a tank of fuel. So it would have been well over 3400 when still AWD.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Oh yeah. These cars are not only heavy, they feel heavy. This is the biggest, heaviest feeling car I have ever owned. I've had bigger and heavier cars, but something about this one makes it feel like its closer to 6000 pounds. I think its because of how wide it is and how hard it is to see out of.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Oh yeah. These cars are not only heavy, they feel heavy. This is the biggest, heaviest feeling car I have ever owned. I've had bigger and heavier cars, but something about this one makes it feel like its closer to 6000 pounds. I think its because of how wide it is and how hard it is to see out of.
Remove the AWD system and the car will feel way better, the turn in and steering feel is so much better.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Remove the AWD system and the car will feel way better, the turn in and steering feel is so much better.
On the to-do list. Planned on doing it when my synchro shows up, but I'm pretty sure the sun is going to collapse before that happens. Going on 2 months waiting. Have the febest axle stubs already sitting on the workbench. Jacking this car up sucks so I was hoping to do both jobs at the same time.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just for laughs my brother weighed his ‘79 Trans Am. Tremec 5 speed, honeycomb rims, full 3” exhaust, amp, extra speakers, sub frame connectors and it weighed in at 3680lbs. I expected a metal bodied ,400cid big block to be a 4000lb pig. Go figure

1 - 9 of 9 Posts