Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to add to my old post but couln't figure out how. I have maybe a stupid question. My 08 Gallardo just had a clutch put in 224 miles ago. I drive it like a baby and just had the clutch read by a scanner. It says that it only has 86% life left. Is that even possible after 200 miles?

·
Registered
49 Posts
If your clutch position sensor is toast per your other thread then it's not going to be able to give you accurate readings on position and if it wasn't calibrated correctly to begin with then any information you get from it isn't going to be accurate. If it's all messed up why are you driving it?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Tried to add to my old post but couln't figure out how. I have maybe a stupid question. My 08 Gallardo just had a clutch put in 224 miles ago. I drive it like a baby and just had the clutch read by a scanner. It says that it only has 86% life left. Is that even possible after 200 miles?
Clutch position sensor, did they reset the PIS and new throw our bearing? Just a friendly word of advice if you drive it like that you will damage the drive train far quicker than high rpm shifts, Shifting at low rpm, (2,500-3,000) puts as massive load on the drive train not to mention all the raw fuel dumped in for split second before the rpms come up. Again maybe just terminology, I know several G owners here in South Florida and most of us hit it pretty hard no issues and those that baby them seem to have all sorts of problems. I have taken mine to 170 dozens of times solid as rock and pushed it 190 a few times, no issue at all. I do not shift at the limiter but normal driving 4,500 min and on it shift at 6500

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your clutch position sensor is toast per your other thread then it's not going to be able to give you accurate readings on position and if it wasn't calibrated correctly to begin with then any information you get from it isn't going to be accurate. If it's all messed up why are you driving it?
Thank you so much. I'm not driving it, once the light came on, I took it to the dealer. That makes sense on the positioning sensor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clutch position sensor, did they reset the PIS and new throw our bearing? Just a friendly word of advice if you drive it like that you will damage the drive train far quicker than high rpm shifts, Shifting at low rpm, (2,500-3,000) puts as massive load on the drive train not to mention all the raw fuel dumped in for split second before the rpms come up. Again maybe just terminology, I know several G owners here in South Florida and most of us hit it pretty hard no issues and those that baby them seem to have all sorts of problems. I have taken mine to 170 dozens of times solid as rock and pushed it 190 a few times, no issue at all. I do not shift at the limiter but normal driving 4,500 min and on it shift at 6500
Noted, thank you

·
Registered
202 Posts
Is this the same for a gated car?

(i.e, only shift at 6500+, and cruise at minimum 4,500 RPM? This would be a lot of 2-3 gear even on the highway where 90mph is fine in 3-4 gear)

I've always wondered where folks like to cruise RPM wise-

·
Registered
735 Posts
Something isn't adding up, at that rate the clutch would be gone at 1600 miles. Why did you go for a clutch reading after that little time?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Did you change the Flywheel too? Is the current Flywheel still the original?
I’m asking because I didn’t and when we reset the for the new clutch the diagnostic was giving 86% new...we reset again and was still 86%. The mechanic was not sure whether the sensor was reading a position related to the worn FW.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts