Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 172 Posts

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Super cool! What did you get? +1 on the pics and video.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Car is on it's way

What an awesome feeling that is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy every second of it.

The best part is,,,, it's just the beginning of the fun with the car.
Congratulations.

Jim G
:headbang::headbang:

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately my 'its on its way' refers to it being picked up and being 'on the road'.

As for pics and video, you bet! Yesterday I got my GoPro Hero and today I stuck it on my Honda for the commute to test it out. Also have a Valentine One on the way, an OBDII reader, some detailing equipement, etc ... so I think I'm off to a good start.

The wait is going to be a killer, hoping for Saturday or Sunday.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Unfortunately my 'its on its way' refers to it being picked up and being 'on the road'.

As for pics and video, you bet! Yesterday I got my GoPro Hero and today I stuck it on my Honda for the commute to test it out. Also have a Valentine One on the way, an OBDII reader, some detailing equipement, etc ... so I think I'm off to a good start.

The wait is going to be a killer, hoping for Saturday or Sunday.
Are you withholding details until it arrives? Inquiring minds want to know :D

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
CONGRATS!!! Can't wait to see your new baby in pics, and in person. We'll have to meet since we're not THAT far apart. Either Pittsburgh C&C, Pocono - or meet in the middle - a fun drive for both of us. Lunch perhaps?

Enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you withholding details until it arrives? Inquiring minds want to know :D
A silly as it sounds, I feel like I'll jinx myself if I let it all out... my excitement, the details... so it's been easier to just get through the days by not.... trying to not, focus on it, but man it's tough. Today, seeing pics of it being loaded on the truck, for the first time I really had a flash of, "oh my god that's MY car!".

I think that the realization that a life-long (ever since the Cannonball Run in '81) dream is about to become reality... it still just doesn't quite compute.

But, it's getting closer, one mile at a time.

A hint: it's a Gallardo.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
A silly as it sounds, I feel like I'll jinx myself if I let it all out... my excitement, the details... so it's been easier to just get through the days by not.... trying to not, focus on it, but man it's tough. Today, seeing pics of it being loaded on the truck, for the first time I really had a flash of, "oh my god that's MY car!".

I think that the realization that a life-long (ever since the Cannonball Run in '81) dream is about to become reality... it still just doesn't quite compute.

Haha, fair enough. It is a million times harder for you to wait :) just be sure to indulge us when you do get it, but I don't think you'll have a problem with that :)

·
Registered
1,829 Posts

Oh man, I remember the feeling...it's pure excitement and flat out torture all at the same time!

Yup, the Cannonball Run Countach was THE car that started it all for me, too. Seeing that menacing, black spaceship-looking machine flying down the road with that awesome exhaust...with 2 freakin hot girls in it...whoaaa! I was like, "Ok yeah. I gotta get me a Lamborghini one day! I have to! That's the kind of car for me!"

Look forward to the delivery day pics.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Well, the grains of waiting are slipping through the hourglass.

Spoke with the transporter today (how rad would that be if Jason Statham pulled up in my car?!) and he said tomorrow early evening!!

Wow, this is really happening. It still doesn't feel real at all.

No matter how long I have my Gallardo, or how many other Lamborghini's or exotics I'll own in the future, I feel like I'm about to cross a threshold that few ever create the opportunity to experience.

As I was explaining to a friend (the only one who knows whats coming), part of why I bought the G now is that I'm young (thanks for not laughing (41)), healthy, and have the means to do it. And more importantly, we have no idea what tomorrow holds. So many people in the older generations of my family worked themselves into the grave and never had time for all the ''I'll do that after I retire..." and "I'll get to that later...". So, NOW is the time.

Also, no matter how long I'm an owner, I feel that I'll always be a part of the brotherhood. In later years I will always be able to look back on the day I made my dream my reality. No one will ever be able to take that away.

I'm looking forward to stepping over to ''the other side'' tomorrow, and I'll keep you informed!

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
You have summed it up beautifully. It's great that you are taking action and not just talking about it (and equally great that you are in a position to do so).

My Dad was a "car guy" and always lusted after an exotic car but never got one. He owned many wonderful sports cars in his life - but never got the supercar he dreamed about (he had sailboats instead). He could have had both.

When he was sitting in his favorite chair - the last few years of his life - he would often bring up getting a new car (even though he was no longer driving and hadn't for quite some time). He had a great life - sailing was his passion. But in the end it was cars that he talked about.

I wish he were here to see our garage - he would be so thrilled and happy that we did this while "young enough" to enjoy it. (we are early 50's, so I'm NOT laughing - you ARE young :))

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
Well, the grains of waiting are slipping through the hourglass.

Spoke with the transporter today (how rad would that be if Jason Statham pulled up in my car?!) and he said tomorrow early evening!!

Wow, this is really happening. It still doesn't feel real at all.

No matter how long I have my Gallardo, or how many other Lamborghini's or exotics I'll own in the future, I feel like I'm about to cross a threshold that few ever create the opportunity to experience.

As I was explaining to a friend (the only one who knows whats coming), part of why I bought the G now is that I'm young (thanks for not laughing (41)), healthy, and have the means to do it. And more importantly, we have no idea what tomorrow holds. So many people in the older generations of my family worked themselves into the grave and never had time for all the ''I'll do that after I retire..." and "I'll get to that later...". So, NOW is the time.

Also, no matter how long I'm an owner, I feel that I'll always be a part of the brotherhood. In later years I will always be able to look back on the day I made my dream my reality. No one will ever be able to take that away.

I'm looking forward to stepping over to ''the other side'' tomorrow, and I'll keep you informed!

Well said. Sadly most people don't get this, and many are even spiteful about them. But you won't be thinking about them, because you'll have a **** eating grin on your face listening to a V10 wail in your Lambo :D

I think for Jason Statham to show up in it it would have to be an Audi.. Oh wait... (j/k)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 172 Posts