Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Administrator
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car never gets dirty enough for a water hose, and bucket, but gets dusty with light road grime. I want to clean it in the garage. I usually just use a detail spray and micro fiber towels. What's the difference in that and the waterless car washes I see now. Anybody have any experience with them?

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,930 Posts
My car is the same way, never take a hose to it. I do use Chadwick’s Triple Play. It’s a waterless wash and Detailer. Great stuff, site sponsor and not cheap.

·
Registered
281 Posts
My car is the same way, never take a hose to it. I do use Chadwick’s Triple Play. It’s a waterless wash and Detailer. Great stuff, site sponsor and not cheap.
In my opinion, Chadwick's is definitely the best and I would buy it again and again but I live in Australia and by the time you pay the freight (and $A conversion), it makes it extremely expensive BUT it IS the best and I've tried them all. The next best but a fair way behind is Maguires and I can get this in Australia. Cheers Ed Burton

·
Registered
298 Posts
+1 for Chadwick’s. However, be aware that the shelf life (per Neil Chadwick) is only 1 year. Don’t buy a gallon unless you apply it twice a week.

·
Premium Member
12,930 Posts
In my opinion, Chadwick's is definitely the best and I would buy it again and again but I live in Australia and by the time you pay the freight (and $A conversion), it makes it extremely expensive BUT it IS the best and I've tried them all. The next best but a fair way behind is Maguires and I can get this in Australia. Cheers Ed Burton
I can imagine the freight to Australia is crazy, just to Hawaii the freight cost as much as the product, but I like it so much that I bought it anyway.

·
Administrator
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered some, but will hard to justify with multiple cars. I will still look for a cheaper solution.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine is a close second to Chadwick’s. A lot cheaper, easy to use with a wide network of distributors. May be available locally.

·
Registered
425 Posts
This video goes over why it's less than ideal to wash without water. My suggestion is to make sure the paint is prepped and protected properly. My go-to is Ammo Reflex coating then Ammo Skin sealant. After that point, you can easily hose the car off and wipe dry with Ammo Hydrate and you won't leave any swirls. I personally don't do this unless the paint truly is just barely dusty from sitting in the garage because it only takes a few minutes to wash it with soap and that will all but guarantee no swirls.

Another good option is Ammo Frothe.

It may seem like I have drank the 'Ammo coolaide' but it's true that his products have the scientific backing that as a recovering chemist I can appreciate. There's no fluff or BS in his products or marketing and the products simply work as advertised. Anytime you swipe across the paint with a microfiber without ample water and lubrication, you will be putting small scratches/swirls into the paint -- there's no way around that -- dust particles (dirt/rocks) are sharper and more abrasive than a clearcoat and they will cut into it. There's only so much clearcoat on a car and with cars like these I will always go the extra mile to keep as much of that original clearcoat in tact for many many decades.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine is a close second to Chadwick’s. A lot cheaper, easy to use with a wide network of distributors. May be available locally.
This is what I use as a detailer. I put three cap fulls in a 32 oz. spray bottle and wipe my Lambo down with it along with a microfiber towel. It has a lubricant to prevent dust from scratching the finish. Been using it for years. A big bottle costs $20. At this rate a bottle lasts years!

·
Administrator
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought some Chadwicks. It's nice, but frankly I can't tell the difference between it and Meguiars detail spray.

·
Premium Member
12,930 Posts
I bought some Chadwicks. It's nice, but frankly I can't tell the difference between it and Meguiars detail spray.
Yeah, but I will say one thing, Chadwick has the best spray bottle! The freight cost alone would deter me from buying it again.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Another vote for ONR.

If done properly, with a 2-bucket method, and pre-spraying the panels with diluted ONR, it is possible to clean mild- and medium-dirty cars with near-zero swirls or scratches.

* ONR Wash & Shine = leaves a "cleaner" panel for layering wax on top, but can leave white residue behind.

* ONR Wash & Wax = leaves a less "clean" panel, because it lays down a thin layer of wax, but it is slicker and does not leave a white residue.

I use ONR W&W for 3 cars, and only ever return to "traditional" shampoos if the car is very dirty or dusty or caked in muck and mud.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Another vote for ONR.

If done properly, with a 2-bucket method, and pre-spraying the panels with diluted ONR, it is possible to clean mild- and medium-dirty cars with near-zero swirls or scratches.

* ONR Wash & Shine = leaves a "cleaner" panel for layering wax on top, but can leave white residue behind.

* ONR Wash & Wax = leaves a less "clean" panel, because it lays down a thin layer of wax, but it is slicker and does not leave a white residue.

I use ONR W&W for 3 cars, and only ever return to "traditional" shampoos if the car is very dirty or dusty or caked in muck and mud.
You’re right about the ONR leaving a little white residue but I have only noticed it on the front window not the panels. Also, the ONR does not leave as slick a finish as Chadwick’s. A microfiber cloth will slide off the roof treated with Chadwick’s, not so much with the ONR.
To clarify, my Huracan was paint corrected, wrapped with Expel Ultimate and ceramic coated with Opti-Coat pro plus. The front window has a protective film called Clearplex.
In summary, I prefer Chadwick’s but the cost doesn’t justify the difference.

·
Registered
2004 Lamborghini Murcielago in Rosso Andromeda
601 Posts
Another vote for ONR.

I agree, ONR along with their spray wax before drying with a weave towel blows Chadwicks out of the water. My Murcielago always looks wet, absolutely stunning. I tried Chadwicks, went through two bottles of it, then tried the ONR. Night and day, not even close.

·
Registered
12,022 Posts
My car never gets dirty either. Just dusty sometimes. I am keen to try this product. Thanks for the recommendation.

·
Vendor
2,399 Posts

Similar the mequiars detail spray? What’s your process for using it?

·
Registered
298 Posts
2 bucket method
1 oz. ONR in 2 gallons of water. Soak microfiber rags.
Wring rag until slightly dripping.
Wash one section at a time.
Blow dry.

·
Vendor
2,399 Posts
This is what I use as a detailer. I put three cap fulls in a 32 oz. spray bottle and wipe my Lambo down with it along with a microfiber towel. It has a lubricant to prevent dust from scratching the finish. Been using it for years. A big bottle costs $20. At this rate a bottle lasts years!
You mean the "Optimum No Rinse Wash and Shine"?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts