1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What water temp should my 92 Diablo run when it is about 90Degres outside
I do not believe this car is meant for summer in Las vegas,
should I change thermo and to what.
Also alternator takes awhile to get into the green but falls back with A/C and headlamps on.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
I have a 91 that just had major engine work. The car is running fine, but I have been asking about this as well. My mech. tells me it's normal for it to change in conjunction with the outside temp. It also depends on what kind of driving you are doing.

It was 93F a few days ago and my water temp was higher than normal, about 95C. The oil temp was also around 95 at times, but fluxed up and down as I was driving. I did all stop and go in the city. When I'm on the highway everything cools down to normal.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Diablo has an awsome cooling system. When Im in 100degree temps the car will sometimes hit 100 but when I get moving it will start to go down to 90 or 95.
Its normal

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Right, I noticed my water and oil temp wander around 80-100+. it takes some getting used to, I'm used to seeing the needle stick in one place like other cars.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm in Saudi Arabia, and it gets 95+ the temp. used to stick to 100-105.
I used 2 botels of Water Weter from Red line, know the temp. stays 90-100
It did help a lot.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
C/T LP500S

Southern Spain, temp normally 35 to 45 dg C in Summer. My fans kick in at 90dg C and then the temp stays there just going up to maybe 92.

Mind you anyone know of the highest output A/C compressor I can get, Phew it gets hot in there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts