Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m sure the videos on YouTube about tickets, impounds, raging onlookers, and traffic stops get clicks. I just feel like it’s painting a biased picture. Not to mention watching all these videos is going to make me paranoid lol.

But from your (actual lambo driver) experience, has negative attention increased from police or general public? Are you experiencing harassment?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Nope, in fact most cops look at my car and sometimes give me a thumbs up but when you're acting like a bell end YT'ber cough DDE cough you're bound to get pulled over and get a tongue lashing from the police.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The one occasion I did get pulled over, the officer just gave me a warning even though I was going 25mph over the limit. The odd thing about that experience was he asked me for my phone number. I have been pulled over countless times(in other vehicles) and that has never happened before. Also in Texas front plate is required but I have never been stopped for not having one except in the wife's car, once. I guess only regular cars are required to have them. 😂
The youtube stuff is so staged, I stopped watching those a long time ago.
Like others, my encounters with LEO's, in the Huracan, have been positive.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
The one occasion I did get pulled over, the officer just gave me a warning even though I was going 25mph over the limit. The odd thing about that experience was he asked me for my phone number. I have been pulled over countless times(in other vehicles) and that has never happened before. Also in Texas front plate is required but I have never been stopped for not having one except in the wife's car, once. I guess only regular cars are required to have them. 😂
So why did he want ur number?

·
Registered
256 Posts
YouTube is very much associated to the "reality TV" phenomenon.....information/stories are always projected as how notable encounters play out, but embellishment/fabrication only aids in viewer engagement.....

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,503 Posts
No hassles, in fact, all interaction have been positive. I had one Texas State Trooper wave at me as I went my in my EVO and on another occasion I had a favorable interaction with 3 motorcycle police that were also impressed with my EVO. I have never been pulled over by police while driving any of my sports cars.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Most of my police interactions have been positive. I did have one encounter a few years back where I had parked for a moment on the side of a street in a "nice" neighborhood trying to take some sunset photos, and someone in the neighborhood passing by immediately called the police on me for "blocking the road". I had only been stopped for a few minutes when the responding officer showed up and started screaming at me from the get go. I had already taken the quick picture I wanted, but it still rubbed me the wrong way. No ticket though or issues besides the yelling though :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Most of my police interactions have been positive. I did have one encounter a few years back where I had parked for a moment on the side of a street in a "nice" neighborhood trying to take some sunset photos, and someone in the neighborhood passing by immediately called the police on me for "blocking the road". I had only been stopped for a few minutes when the responding officer showed up and started screaming at me from the get go. I had already taken the quick picture I wanted, but it still rubbed me the wrong way. No ticket though or issues besides the yelling though :)
Seems like it was getting dark. Add the fact you have a dark colored car, could cause an accident. I would have turned on the emergency flashers. No one would have had an issue with that.

ps
Awesome photo!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If I purchase an out of state vehicle, it usually requires a VIN check to get the paperwork wrapped up for registration. I always took those cars to the police department for the VIN check around the time of a shift change, when most officers were at the station. Introduce myself and let everyone check out the car. Sit in it, rev it, put a smile on their face. Never had any problems in my home town.
But these YouTube videos have me creating a list of “Never Drive There” places based on some of the things I’ve seen go on in the videos. It’s the exact opposite of a Bucket List lol. No one wants a ticket… but having your car impounded?!? That’s the kind of shady stuff that puts a city on my No Go list.

Reactions: Luzifer

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,503 Posts
If I purchase an out of state vehicle, it usually requires a VIN check to get the paperwork wrapped up for registration. I always took those cars to the police department for the VIN check around the time of a shift change, when most officers were at the station. Introduce myself and let everyone check out the car. Sit in it, rev it, put a smile on their face. Never had any problems in my home town.
Interesting. I purchased 3 Huracans' (one 580-2 and two new EVOs) from Charlotte Lamborghini and never needed a VIN check prior to registration in Texas. The Texas DMV must handle the VIN check on their own.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Also in TX, I got a warning a couple months ago and was also asked for my number. I'm thinking it's just a required field when inputing their form to print out a warning.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts