Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone going to Tahoe watch out for the Police.........

They just had an international event with a British Royality Citizen and his new F-430 in town...He was arrested, car impounded.........a bunch of crap going on. Well the White House got involved after a call from the English you know who......they released him and his car right away...there is a big uproar in town about "rich boys and their cars" I guess they have problems in the summer time with this.......after this incident the Chief of Police quoted in the local papaer....

"ANY EXOTIC VEHICLE DOING OVER THE SPEED LIMIT WILL BE CITED AND IMPOUNDED.PERIOD!!!"

watch out......

I will be arriving there with my son on Sunday PM.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
It's just utter confusion as law enforcement comes up with trickier, and more sophisticated means to catch you, and the car makers give you ever more powerful cars to break the limit. It's a total crash when capitalisim meets lawfullness in any form, never makes any sense, mostly because too many people like money.

Practically speaking it makes no sense to make a car that can do over 80 MPH....it's against the law. Even Toyota and Honda commercials brag about their HP ratings as if that's the most important feature....But were all suppose to be model citizens and "keep it within the limit" It's total BS! So while they put all this safety in cars, they ignore the one BIG unsafe practice while driving which is speeding, yeah that makes allot of sense, speed may kill but it's more important that it sells, so they leave it alone.

I think I'll send my next ticket to Lamborghini so they can pay half, after all they're a partner in crime, they gave me a street legal automobile that will do 200, but I'm never suppose to do it. Why is it legal then??

Just felt like ranting :mad:

·
Banned
183 Posts
That's bogus! I generally try to speed my way out of flashing lights, never to the point of excess tho. Sorry officer, I must have been going to fast to notice you! :evil:

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Several years ago the Ferrari Club of America held it's annual meet in Colorado. The police deliberately and maliciously prosecuted many members for what was nothing more than 'exuberant' driving. Considering the millions of dollars of tourist revenues put into the state, the behaviour of the police was disgraceful (an example: a friend of mine was cited for 'dangerous driving' because he passed on a solid yellow line, never mind that he and the other ferrari were the only cars for miles and they could see in both directions very clearly to ascertain there were no dangers present). The police confiscated his car, threw him in jail and eventually the charges were reduced, but not until he had spent over 20K on legal fees. Needless to say, I have avoided Colorado on principle ever since. I don't mind the police keeping and eye on things and reigning in a driver or two who is pushing the limits beyond a reasonable amount. I do mind however a police force that seems to think it's 'sport' to harrass and threaten people who are only involved in an enthusiasts event and who are bringing their state much needed revenue. If Tahoe is going to behave in this fashion, then they can stick their economy right up their a*s...! Perhaps a call to the Chief of Police and an even tempered chat will provide a more reasonable climate for the drive. If not, then take your $$ elswhere. Rant over. :evil:

·
Registered
188 Posts
raymondo said:
It's just utter confusion as law enforcement comes up with trickier, and more sophisticated means to catch you, and the car makers give you ever more powerful cars to break the limit. It's a total crash when capitalisim meets lawfullness in any form, never makes any sense, mostly because too many people like money.

Practically speaking it makes no sense to make a car that can do over 80 MPH....it's against the law. Even Toyota and Honda commercials brag about their HP ratings as if that's the most important feature....But were all suppose to be model citizens and "keep it within the limit" It's total BS! So while they put all this safety in cars, they ignore the one BIG unsafe practice while driving which is speeding, yeah that makes allot of sense, speed may kill but it's more important that it sells, so they leave it alone.

I think I'll send my next ticket to Lamborghini so they can pay half, after all they're a partner in crime, they gave me a street legal automobile that will do 200, but I'm never suppose to do it. Why is it legal then??

Just felt like ranting :mad:
Take it to Silverstate...........

·
Registered
48 Posts
It wasn't a F430 but a F-40.
They left his girlfriend stranded in the midle of the desert after inpounding the car and booking him.
:eek:

·
Banned
183 Posts
Maybe it's not such a good idea, but a certain officer has alluded to $500 cash making them forget certain incidents. I never actually had that much green on me...but, who knows? Maybe that's just the Oregon Sticks.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
Just wondering if Joe the toothless tow truck driver knew he was hauling a $1M car and whos going to repair the scratches etc that are bound to happen during impoundment, I think that would freek me the most...Just picturing the F40 being dragged off by the rear end...OK I'll give them a little credit that they used a rollback :D still........ :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
roytoy2003 said:
I will be arriving there with my son on Sunday PM.
I'm only 90 minutes away so Kate and I will be blasting in after lunch on Monday... So I guess I'll see you then Roy.

-mick

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
G day let me know when your come through, Iwill throw nails out to slow down the CHP behind you......

:evil: j

1 - 13 of 13 Posts