Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m used to using a foam gun and a lot of water to clean my cars. How will I have to deal with the engine bonnet? Will I need to learn the waterless method is washing? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
Throw a tarp over the engine and just don’t shoot directly into it. All good!

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,973 Posts
Here is a thread I started with tips for washing the Huracan and I made it a little easier with the use of beach towels..................

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,973 Posts
One other suggestion, in addition to the beach towels (image #1), I bought a sheet of plastic from Hobby Lobby and cut it to fit the engine compartment and lay on top of the beach towels (image #2, red arrows). The plastic acts as an additional water barrier.

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 Huracan Evo with Heffner Twin Turbo
101 Posts
I’m used to using a foam gun and a lot of water to clean my cars. How will I have to deal with the engine bonnet? Will I need to learn the waterless method is washing? Thanks!
FWIW I just tried the rinseless wash and it turned out really great. I was apprehensive at first..but also have a clear wrap on the panels so was willing to try it out. I'm definitely going to do this on my cars without any wrap. Plus I was able to wash the car in an A/C'ed garage in the hottest part of day here in Fort Lauderdale. I recommend it!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,973 Posts
The rinseless wash technique have their advocates though I can't bring myself to do it. Aside from that, the car washing has become an alternate work-out on my "off" gym days.

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
My technique is super simply, nearly hands free. First, all my cars have been paint corrected (even new) and 2 layers of ceramic coat. 2 buckets, one with McKees Sio2 wash. Wheels first. Then rinse back of car. Light touch use a microfiber mitt with soup water, rinse with hose. Use a leaf blower to dry (water just runs off). Then proceed to front of car with same technique. That’s it. The car is golden after this! Ceramic coat works miracles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts