Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
So I put in my order for a pearl capsule today. Very excited. Not sure how long I’ll keep it. I optioned in the 5 year maintenance package as supposedly it stays with the car if sold but I didn’t buy the extended warranty as it seemed a bit pricey. Do you know if the warranty can be added later on before the oem expires? At least with Audi you could. You could even add the maintenance package later as well. With Audi they used fidelity as their insurer for their warranties. Does Lamborghini do something similar to buy later? Or are there any good non oem warranties out there to extend with? Thoughts?
Lastly, does anyone know if you option the full electric front seats with ventilation and massage, does that option come with heated front seats included? The configurator says it does, but the options list has a separate option for front & rear heated seats. I don’t want rear heated seats so I didn’t option it but salesmen wasn’t sure if the full electric seat option included heated seats by itself if I didn’t pick the front & rear heated seats as well. To me it seems that option only adds rear heated seats but I’m not sure. Anyone know for sure?

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
Warranty can be added later on.

The last Urus that I test drove had massage option. It didn't list heated seats, but it came with one.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx for the reply. No salesman would give me a straight answer on the warranty. I assume I could have added the extra maintenance package later as well.
As for heated seats, so my hunch is correct I think in that the option on order form saying front and rear heating is really only rear heating if you are already optioning out the full electric front seats. Perhaps that option exists for those that don’t get the full electric seats?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By the way, how is the wait process with Lamborghini? For example timeline, updates, how often, etc. I heard something about a Unica app but don’t know anything else about it. Any info on what to expect the next 5-7 months is appreciated. When I ordered my R8 it took 6 months and Audi had no communication at all. Total silence. Also I assume once the order is put in it’s not amendable?

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I put my order in yesterday. I was told April production and delivery in may. I know with Mercedes I put my s63 in October and got it the first week of March. Mercedes did give me a build date tho.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I put mine in Friday. I was told a similar April or May receive date. Although a lot of that depends on if Italy goes into shut down again. Did you hear about some sort of tracking app or something to track the progress of the build?

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I put mine in Friday. I was told a similar April or May receive date. Although a lot of that depends on if Italy goes into shut down again. Did you hear about some sort of tracking app or something to track the progress of the build?
Hopefully it doesn’t. Nope, wasn’t given anything.

·
Registered
397 Posts
May sounds about right if you order now. My order was entered in Aug, and I have late Jan production. All this is assuming the factory doesn't shut down, or it will be MUCH longer. At least mine appears as "In production" in the Unica app. But that doesn't mean much, just that the order is locked.

I don't believe you can add warranty after the fact, it's part of the "build" supposedly. Thats what I was told for my Huracan as well.

Can't add maintenance either. Why would you? Just pay for it year by year. The whole point of paying for extended warranty and maintenance is because it's discounted up front. Lambo is sitting on your money until year 4. if it were the same price later, NO ONE would buy it at the start.

Front and rear heated option just adds rear heating.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I asked the dealer about the app. He said he’s going to find out if they updated it which they were supposed to. I ended up getting the heated seats in the back since the wife wanted it. My dealer also told me I can add a warranty later on. This is in NY. Not sure if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
May sounds about right if you order now. My order was entered in Aug, and I have late Jan production. All this is assuming the factory doesn't shut down, or it will be MUCH longer. At least mine appears as "In production" in the Unica app. But that doesn't mean much, just that the order is locked.

I don't believe you can add warranty after the fact, it's part of the "build" supposedly. Thats what I was told for my Huracan as well.

Can't add maintenance either. Why would you? Just pay for it year by year. The whole point of paying for extended warranty and maintenance is because it's discounted up front. Lambo is sitting on your money until year 4. if it were the same price later, NO ONE would buy it at the start.

Front and rear heated option just adds rear heating.
Where should I be looking in the UNICA app for the production info for the car I ordered? I don't see anything in my app about what I ordered. Also once it is in there does it show what you ordered to make sure its all correct?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Where should I be looking in the UNICA app for the production info for the car I ordered? I don't see anything in my app about what I ordered. Also once it is in there does it show what you ordered to make sure its all correct?
It will just appears at some point (a few months after order is in, and a few months before actual production starts). App says "In Production", but thats very misleading according to my sales rep. Basically just means order is locked at that point. App only displays a exterior pic of your vehicle (in proper spec), nothing more specific than that. Then every few weeks they'll send a notification for some generic PR fluff piece about the Urus. And also a notification every few days about some other Lamborghini PR crap (which is actually pretty annoying). Mine is <2 moths to build complete, and I've yet to get any real info about my specific vehicle.

As for order correctness, you dealer should have provided you with a copy of the actual factory build order (order #, CP8 date, port of entry, option codes, etc, etc).

PS. Sadly the latest version of the app is very buggy, both my vehicles appear 2 times each. Highly annoying.

·
Registered
397 Posts
As coincidence would have it, I just got this update (via Unica app) a couple of days ago...

Even though build completion is still several weeks away.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Interesting. Thx for posting. Mine has yet to show up in Unica. Still many months away. I realized yesterday that I messed up on the floor matt stitching as I thought the stitching would be contrast to the orange but I needed to pick the basic color to contrast with the orange piping. The configurator wasn't very clear on this. My salesman emailed Lamborghini to change it...hopefully this doesn't delay anything. I also noticed that the configurator just updated and now there are some new options as well that weren't there last week. Unfortunately no descriptions are given for what's there that is new. I saw some video online that said they produce like 25-30 Urus's a day in the new production factory. It's much more than I thought they would be producing. If true makes me wonder why it takes 6 months to receive?

·
Registered
397 Posts
I did see the list of new options. Aside from the new paint colors, all those new options are dealer installed items. So can be purchased afterwards. New tire/wheel packages, carbon engine cover, side steps, roof box, etc. The Lamborghini Eye option is interesting, basically a security system with dash cam. Records events, etc, with a phone app. I think it's a few grand option. Not sure why it just couldn't use the existing ADAS cameras.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had asked my salesman about them and he didn’t know about them or what they were, specifically the Lamborghini eye. Thanks for the info. Yeah doesn’t make sense why Adas isn’t used for this.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don’t recall but did you also order a pearl capsule? I think I put my order in a few days before yours. I received the unica code for the app like the next day after I put in order but my app doesn’t show anything about my car. Just my profile. Is there a specific spot it shows up?

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I didn’t do the pearl. I believe you did put your order in a few days a head of me. It’s under garage , and says in production. It shows the black urus with red calipers which is what I ordered and rear privacy glass. My dealer manually gave me the code today.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Odd, so I was emailed directly from Lamborghini an invitation code exactly a month ago for the unica app. Nothing since then. In my garage I only have under My Virtual Car the configuration I put in ironically earlier today of my build so I could actually look at something! Lol.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts