Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Initially, reports were indicating about 21 Lamborghinis' were on the ship but now 100. That is probably going to adversely impact production going forward.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Initially, reports were indicating about 21 Lamborghinis' were on the ship but now 100. That is probably going to adversely impact production going forward.
That is very concerning. I got my allocation but I wonder how Lamborghini will handle dealing with all the owners whose cars got burned. Remake their cars and push other allocations back?

·
Registered
225 Posts
This has to be the largest mass loss for Lamborghini? I was shocked at 21, but my poor brain can’t even wrap itself around the idea of 100. So many questions going through my head of which I’m sure other people are scrambling to figure out. That’s a lot of dealers put in tough positions and customers about to be disappointed. I can only imagine the ripple effect that will come from this and how it may impact future production timelines.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
That is very concerning. I got my allocation but I wonder how Lamborghini will handle dealing with all the owners whose cars got burned. Remake their cars and push other allocations back?
I think that may be the case because it may not be all that reasonable for those that waited and lost their cars to go to the back of the line.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I think that may be the case because it may not be all that reasonable for those that waited and lost their cars to go to the back of the line.
Or do they manage it like the airlines do when flights are canceled and keep the damage so to speak with a limited number? And work these orders into the rotation as economically as possible to minimize further impact?

My fuzzy math has Lamborghini production at 10k/yr. So 833/mo, 192/week… so in the bigger picture maybe this isn’t massively catastrophic. It’s basically 1/2 a week production time. Parts may be more of an issue.
That’s what I’m telling myself at least.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Or do they manage it like the airlines do when flights are canceled and keep the damage so to speak with a limited number? And work these orders into the rotation as economically as possible to minimize further impact?

My fuzzy math has Lamborghini production at 10k/yr. So 833/mo, 192/week… so in the bigger picture maybe this isn’t massively catastrophic. It’s basically 1/2 a week production time. Parts may be more of an issue.
When you break down the numbers even though it is 100 cars that seems like it can be corrected. I'd assume they will do what you stated above basically make a few here n there to get allocations caught up rather then push the entire timeline back.

Also insurance for that shipping carrier is about to be a nightmare.

·
Administrator
4,017 Posts
When you break down the numbers even though it is 100 cars that seems like it can be corrected. I'd assume they will do what you stated above basically make a few here n there to get allocations caught up rather then push the entire timeline back.

Also insurance for that shipping carrier is about to be a nightmare.
There’s insurance and reinsurance. Won’t be a huge deal. Another day another dollar.

At 16-17 cars a day that they make, I wonder where they’ll shave to make it up

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
The issue will be AdP cars which will be extremely difficult to replace in a short period of time. And lets hope they weren't transporting any Sian roadsters or LPi800's.

The only hope is vast majority of Lambos were run of the mill Urus, they'll be easier to replace but anyway you slice it, it's going to be a nightmare for customers and dealers.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
The loss of 100 Lamborghini's is unthinkable, but you must also consider that there was a total of 4000 cars on that ship. Many of which were exotics.

Reactions: Loxo

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
This was posted on Rennlist so anyone with a Lambo on this ship will unfortunately get a call from their dealer...

"I got the call about my car that I knew was on the ship and was told that the entire ship is a loss. Also was told I can change my configuration if I want to as next car will be put in as a new order. Supposed to know more soon about how Porsche is going to handle these replacement orders."

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts

Not sure, I guess the details will be forthcoming as those affected begin to post. I know when they replaced my 2021 EVO because of an issue I had my order was moved up/expedited but that was a single order and I am not sure if they can do that as easily for a hundred customers.
The other issues I am curious about is, I know that Lamborghini has managed the supply chain better than most manufacturers but supplies/parts for 100 cars is not insignificant. I guess how easily they absorb the impact of the additional parts/supplies will be affected by how much of a supply "cushion" they have.
It will also be interesting to see if any new supply constraints manifest like, for example, on carbon fiber, sport seats, etc.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Used cars prices will go nuts this spring, or what are we now expecting then?
The loss of 4000 cars does nothing to help rebalance the supply/demand equation so it isn't going to help. Now those unfortunate 4000 customers have to get back on the demand side of the equation.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
I have some questions, will this problem impact those on a a waiting list for an a Lamborghini, especially an EVO? What impact will this have on Lamborghini's desire to release more STO allocations? Will this delay the launch of any of the new releases?
One things is for certain as @Huracaan stated, this is going to create some massive issues for the dealerships.

Reactions: Rampante21
1 - 20 of 199 Posts